Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Why doesnt anyone just start a OoT 2d or MM2d and finish them???  (Read 17100 times)

Re: Why doesnt anyone just start a OoT 2d or MM2...
« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2006, 07:37:00 pm »
  • Master Of Disaster
And some people do finish their games.  TRM is almost finished with the original OOT2D, he is on Ganons Tower now, so who is to say that in a couple of months that there won't be an OOT2D out,  you jujst have to be patient.  It takes awhile.
1) No way he can be finished with the original, since he gave up that GM version a long time ago.
2) I was under the impression TRM has since moved onto another project. I've seen screenshots of it somewhat recently.
He`s working on 2 projects AT THE SAME TIME: oot2d and Plains Of Chaos as far as i know. I`m not sure though if he`s already at the Ganon`s tower... But i do believe that it`s still very much in development :)

.TakaM was here
  • Lumeuni
« Reply #41 on: April 07, 2006, 08:52:19 pm »
He's said he's doing Ganon's Tower overall but said there was also a lot of placeholder graphics he needed to finish off as well.
« Reply #42 on: April 07, 2006, 09:05:13 pm »
And some people do finish their games.  TRM is almost finished with the original OOT2D, he is on Ganons Tower now, so who is to say that in a couple of months that there won't be an OOT2D out,  you jujst have to be patient.  It takes awhile.
1) No way he can be finished with the original, since he gave up that GM version a long time ago.
2) I was under the impression TRM has since moved onto another project. I've seen screenshots of it somewhat recently.

He didn't gave up with GM he just switched to an other coding language.

WIP

« Reply #43 on: April 07, 2006, 11:47:08 pm »
He didn't gave up with GM he just switched to an other coding language.
Um, which means he had to abandon his GM stuff. GML is not anywhere near compatible with C#. C# has nothing at all to do with GameMaker. Finito.

Anyways, thanks a lot for the Ganon's Tower news. Where exactly did he say that, though?

Piers

« Reply #44 on: April 08, 2006, 12:07:32 am »
He`s working on 2 projects AT THE SAME TIME: oot2d and Plains Of Chaos as far as i know. I`m not sure though if he`s already at the Ganon`s tower... But i do believe that it`s still very much in development :)
He's also working on Zelda Maker. (Which I doubt is making it to far)

Sprotret

« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2006, 01:41:22 am »
Yeah, I've heard of Zelda Maker. It's supose to make Zelda Games easier to make but I'll stick to GM.
« Reply #46 on: April 08, 2006, 05:58:53 pm »
  • Master Of Disaster
Yes, that too! I hope he`s still working with it ^_^

.TakaM was here
  • Lumeuni

Piers

« Reply #47 on: April 08, 2006, 06:24:47 pm »
Yes, that too! I hope he`s still working with it ^_^
I bet he's still working on it but has hit a block, like, how can Gm make its own exes without having another program to run them. You do know that your going to need another program to run your game cause it will just load the maps and sprites into that program that you saved into an INI file. So thinking zelda maker will be better then Gm is like thinking Zelda classic is better then an Ps3 dev kit.
« Reply #48 on: April 08, 2006, 07:41:09 pm »
Many dll's can do it for sure.

WIP

« Reply #49 on: April 08, 2006, 08:20:44 pm »
I bet he's still working on it but has hit a block, like, how can Gm make its own exes without having another program to run them. You do know that your going to need another program to run your game cause it will just load the maps and sprites into that program that you saved into an INI file. So thinking zelda maker will be better then Gm is like thinking Zelda classic is better then an Ps3 dev kit.
This makes very little sense.

About your final comment, though, you have a very skewed perspective. You have to realize that OMG BETTER GRAPHICS AND MORE RESOLUTION take more effort to do. I can guarantee that it would be faster to make a standard Zelda game in Zelda Classic than it would with a PS3 devkit. This would hold the same compared to the potential Zelda maker and GameMaker. One might be more customizable, but since this community has a problem finishing games due to the programming time, cutting that step out would be the most efficient route to go.

With a fairly well-featured Zelda maker, there will be more games. No question about it.

aab

^ Evolved from a Hobbit
« Reply #50 on: April 08, 2006, 09:53:11 pm »
wip, when linkthemaster said TRM was nearly finished with the "original oot2d", you could have assumed he meant original as in his oot2d project - the original idea and game, and not that he meant the actual GM implementation. (Though i dont believe that myself)

Anyway, a program dedicated to zelda game-making would make this place more productive, but one made in GM would be ...Just...so slow and memory abusive...And someone in with an OOP background and a media library could still make games nearly as fast, only there would be no limits on what could be done, and utter efficiency and quality.
What this kind of thing would do, is crush down and (lossily) compress the learning time to making a zelda game. Not the production time. THe change to that would be like....zipping a png.

I ♥ Sol
.... I ♥ Sol ? wtf how long has that been there? >_> *rrrrrrrrar*
  • MySpace

Piers

« Reply #51 on: April 08, 2006, 10:38:53 pm »
Probaly, I've always wondered if you could make a game that could make a game for Mac in game maker.
« Reply #52 on: April 09, 2006, 12:20:37 am »
  • Credits to BaB
Probaly, I've always wondered if you could make a game that could make a game for Mac in game maker.

Impossible, GM was designed in Windows for Windows, maybe if Marc Overmars readapts the interpreter to fit Mac. Other than that it's impossible, even if you created a .dll, you wouldn't be able to export a .dmg or a Mac executable.

About Zelda Maker, has anyone got the latest issue, it should be 0.39b or something. Because I've got it, and meh the only impressive thing is the use of a menu bar. But it's pretty useless so... Helios original project was ZGM, Zelda Game Maker, I might have a version of it at home, but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post it. And it wasn't finished at all, but still you could do some things with it.

Piers

« Reply #53 on: April 09, 2006, 12:24:22 am »

Impossible, GM was designed in Windows for Windows, maybe if Marc Overmars readapts the interpreter to fit Mac. Other than that it's impossible, even if you created a .dll, you wouldn't be able to export a .dmg or a Mac executable.

About Zelda Maker, has anyone got the latest issue, it should be 0.39b or something. Because I've got it, and meh the only impressive thing is the use of a menu bar. But it's pretty useless so... Helios original project was ZGM, Zelda Game Maker, I might have a version of it at home, but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post it. And it wasn't finished at all, but still you could do some things with it.
Pm me it... please. I have got to see it. Anyway, you could always use a pc emulator that supports direct X.
« Reply #54 on: April 09, 2006, 02:39:47 am »
  • META MAJINKEN!
Someone could have started on an MM project or an OOT, but could not finish them cause they don't have the things that they needed in the program that they are using.
It  could happen to me... I dunno...

The Creator Of:
  • PureZC
« Reply #55 on: April 09, 2006, 02:42:52 am »
I started a MM awhile back. I got the whole mask system done and everything. But I hit a wall. Sprites. Then the computer crashed and I lost all information. But anyways the whole game was buggy. And I am glad that I can program in GM way better now.

Piers

« Reply #56 on: April 09, 2006, 02:54:31 am »
I started a MM awhile back. I got the whole mask system done and everything. But I hit a wall. Sprites. Then the computer crashed and I lost all information. But anyways the whole game was buggy. And I am glad that I can program in GM way better now.
I thought about starting a MM 2d a little while ago but I couldn't figure out how to do a clock and I ain't using someone elses engine. (Funnny I could have swore that was this morning when I was looking for clock sprites)
« Reply #57 on: April 09, 2006, 04:19:40 am »
  • w00t
Making a .exe file from within a Game Maker game is entirely possible.  There's a "game" called ProgramCreator that would, like its name suggests, create programs for you.  Granted, the programs are a bit limited, but they're interesting nonetheless.  The guy's homepage went down, but you can find the downloads at http://www.comfuzion.org/download.php?view.3

It includes the .gmd sourcecode in case anyone is interested.
What do you mean I need a life?  =P  Hm... Lives... Isn't that something that you get in Super Mario Bros?  You know, those green mushrooms?  That's a life, right?

My one and only fangame, Link Maze, may be viewed at http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=82.0
  • Link Maze - Zelda mini fangame
« Reply #58 on: April 27, 2006, 09:29:25 am »
  • Issac_Amisov
Too Much Time And Effort.

'Nuff said.
« Reply #59 on: April 30, 2006, 01:42:08 am »
Too Much Time And Effort.

'Nuff said.
'Nuff said.
the a o d c
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 74 queries.