Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I hate to bring religion into ZFGC but...  (Read 1691 times)

Pedlya

Pederp
I hate to bring religion into ZFGC but...
« on: July 29, 2006, 03:37:03 am »
  • Vote for Harvey!~
Im confused. Im not a certain religion, I beleive in the bible and god and jesus as his son. But in the christian religion is it beleived Jesus is god? I was wondering that cause I hear people pray to Jesus o_O But I though christians beleived that he was his son too...can someone explain this please. Also if anyone bashes another about his or her religion I will personally track you and kick your ass.
So what! I wanna get out! 'Cos there's so much out there! So many different people, living different lives! Incredibly good guys, bad guys... Folks completely different from us! It's one huge melting pot! See, it's not about success, dying in the streets, who's better, who's not! I just want to be a part of it! I realized that even if I've no connections, no talent, even if I'm one big loser, I want to use my hands and feet to think and move, to shape my own life! We can just die here or we can try, see what we've got!

Drake_Miriel

Re: I hate to bring religion into ZFGC but...
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2006, 03:41:39 am »
I think that Jesus was God's son, and while not God himself, was able to perform miracles, kind of a demi-god thing. I'm not sure though...

Hikij

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2006, 03:46:10 am »
Jesus is Gods son, not God. Case closed.
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2006, 03:48:23 am »
I was watching something that was really interesting on TV explaining why Mary could have given birth to Jesus.  Apparently, Mary's mother was a barren woman who could not give birth.  Upon praying, an angel came down and said that she would conceive.  Later, Mary was born.  Because she was born out of a divine miracle, she did not have original sin and was thus able to carry Jesus.  That being said, religious people believe Mary to be a surrogate mother and not a true mother.  Not that I believe in personally, but I thought it was interesting nonetheless.

The Christian religion, most of them, view God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit as a divine trinity.  They are all the same being, but in different forms I suppose.

tippz

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2006, 04:11:09 am »
Im confused. Im not a certain religion, I beleive in the bible and god and jesus as his son. But in the christian religion is it beleived Jesus is god? I was wondering that cause I hear people pray to Jesus o_O But I though christians beleived that he was his son too...can someone explain this please. Also if anyone bashes another about his or her religion I will personally track you and kick your ass.

That is one of the primary teachings of (most) christian faiths, including catholicism (I'm assuming you are since you have said you are irish, sorry to assume) that they are three seperate entities but at the same time one. Like 4Sword said, they are the Blessed Trinity. It is always described as incomprehensible for us. That one person can be three seperate people while remaining one. (forgive the use of the word person) Just one of those things you believe if you follow the doctrine...

Pedlya

Pederp
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2006, 04:48:44 am »
  • Vote for Harvey!~

That is one of the primary teachings of (most) christian faiths, including catholicism (I'm assuming you are since you have said you are irish, sorry to assume) that they are three seperate entities but at the same time one. Like 4Sword said, they are the Blessed Trinity. It is always described as incomprehensible for us. That one person can be three seperate people while remaining one. (forgive the use of the word person) Just one of those things you believe if you follow the doctrine...

Yes I am irish, and my whole family follows the Catholic teachings, but I dont beleive there should be religions, I beleive you should beleive what you want to beleive and it doesnt need a label. Thanks you guys this makes sense. THE MORE YOU KNOW ;D
So what! I wanna get out! 'Cos there's so much out there! So many different people, living different lives! Incredibly good guys, bad guys... Folks completely different from us! It's one huge melting pot! See, it's not about success, dying in the streets, who's better, who's not! I just want to be a part of it! I realized that even if I've no connections, no talent, even if I'm one big loser, I want to use my hands and feet to think and move, to shape my own life! We can just die here or we can try, see what we've got!
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2006, 04:57:25 am »
the Christian faith generally believes that Jesus is God's son, as well as the human form of God. There are three forms of God that form the Holy Trinity:

The Father
The Son
The Holy Spirit

"It is a terrible thing for a man to find out suddenly that all his life he has been speaking nothing but the truth" - Jack, The Importance of Being Ernest
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2006, 05:02:10 am »
Jesus is a part of God because he is both from God and like a segment of God; he does not have anything else mixed in with him.  He was put in a human host, one that would not "corrupt" him, to develop as a human.  I do not know why God just did not shoot him up out of the Earth like he did Adam, maybe because he wanted him to live as a human, and to be created as a baby with no one to look after him would be a failure.  To be created out of a human woman and then be raised by that woman would surely save the trouble.

In other words, Jesus always was God.  Being born a human though, he did not have access to all knowledge and powers that the other part of God had.  This is why Jesus prayed to God, because as a human, Jesus did not have the wisdom he would have had had he been non-human.  This limitation on his abilities creates the difference; he is God but cannot fully grasp the concept of being God.

Even more shortened up: the Trinity is misleading, they are not three entities but three forms of the same entity (All God, but with limitations on form).  The Holy Spirit can be considered the state Jesus was in when he truly understood himself to be God and also the form of God that dwells within every Christian and also the essence of God.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2006, 05:07:29 am by 4Sword »
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2006, 01:10:54 pm »
I beleive in God, but not the bible, for gods so called free will, there seems to be alot of sexest crap in it.
Although recently i began to question god, so yeah, !@#$% knows what religion i am, hmm maybe satanist :P
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2006, 01:14:09 pm »
You're Atheist, you don't believe in any established religion. Like myself.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2006, 01:20:30 pm by Racoon Boy »

Mario Kart Wii Friend Code: 4468-1342-3783

OSM

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2006, 10:29:53 pm »
  • ilu ZFGC <3
Used to be Catholic, now I'm Atheist.

Pyru

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2006, 10:30:47 pm »
You're Atheist, you don't beliee in any established religion. Like myself.

Athiest does not mean no religion. You can be athiest or agnostic yet still be religious.

Goodnight

Once and future Captain
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2006, 06:16:34 am »
  • With a Capital G
I noticed the topic's title.. it's no big deal that you brought up religion, you were just asking a general question. :) Just hang tight and hope people have the self-control to keep any flammable opinions to themselves.
If you don't want to take chances on forums like this, there's a good site that outlines many different religions, at http://www.religioustolerance.org
(uhm.. that site seems to look a little different from what I remembered... maybe there's a similar link..)

Gilgamesh

« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2006, 09:26:08 am »
Basically, Jesus would be God's human identity.
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2006, 01:23:10 pm »

Athiest does not mean no religion. You can be athiest or agnostic yet still be religious.

Agnostic = A term I'm not familiar with. ???

I just said it means you don't believe in any established religion, which as far as I know is correct.

Pyru

« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2006, 01:36:13 pm »

Agnostic = A term I'm not familiar with. ???

I just said it means you don't believe in any established religion, which as far as I know is correct.

Agnostic is a term you have to be familiar with over here, for the Religious Studies syllabus... it means you're "not sure whether or not there is a god or gods".

And, no, athiest does not mean you "don't believe in any established religion". Because there are many religions without gods, and athiest only means that you don't believe in any gods.
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2006, 01:44:47 pm »
Oh ok... makes sense.

Consider me corrected! ;)

« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2006, 05:53:46 am »
Ah, christianity is full of sects. Some believe jesus was more mortal than god, some believe that jesus was god's personification on earth. Really, I've always been of the mind that as long as you believed, repented, and carried your cross daily, you qualified for heaven. Whatever jesus was, I'm sure he'll sit down and explain it all to you once you get there.

One thing is sure, though. Jesus pwnt noobs.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 72 queries.

anything