Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I'M SCARED! I'M FAMOUS! (formerly: What the f... HOW MANY MAILS PLEASE!?)  (Read 1789 times)

Fox

Turnbeutelvergesser since 1988.
I'M SCARED! I'M FAMOUS! (formerly: What the f......
« on: August 02, 2006, 08:05:28 am »
Yes. Well... I opened the mail-program (Thunderbird =D ) and wanted to send a mail to my dad quickly. Then I suddenly saw how many mails I got.

You got 255 new mails

I check my inbox about all three days. I only get about 30 mails then. Guess what. They were all comments, favorizing- and subscribing-notifiers to a video I put on YouTube. It's the Angry German Kid. I translated the video correctly with subtitles. And apparently it's NOT spam, but real comments. Here are the statistics as for now.

277 ratings. (4/5 Stars)
Views:  117,128
Comments:  304
Favorited:  463 times 

Holy shiznet.

Here's the video. http://youtube.com/watch?v=kBVmfIUR1DA

Today, I felt what kind of power the internet has. O_o

Edit:
That is scary !@#$%, kids. My video has been featured on a few sites. O____o Just enter some text from the description of the video, or the name and my name on google and see the results. O____O!!!
« Last Edit: August 05, 2006, 01:57:23 pm by Fox »
  • Me on deviantART

Mogrymillian

Re: What the f... HOW MANY MAILS PLEASE!?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2006, 08:11:43 am »
lol ^^ didn't want to leave a comment on youtube because don't want to send you another mail ;)
but this IS awesome...it's the reason why so many commented  :D

aab

^ Evolved from a Hobbit
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2006, 11:03:25 am »

"IT LOADS.. IT LOADS... I DONT WANT IT TO LOAD.."

Wow... This kids bad. In all seriousness he'll probably die of a heart attack when he trys to play processor-!@#$% games like Oblivion, and everything thats going to come out in the near future.

"Yay! I Press FIRE!" .. Oh god... "I dont need help. I dont need help"...  Ewwwuuu...

Well, you did a good/funny translation and subtitling job, so hey, you deserve some 255 emails to make you feel better :D.

I ♥ Sol
.... I ♥ Sol ? wtf how long has that been there? >_> *rrrrrrrrar*
  • MySpace

Fox

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2006, 11:59:39 am »
XDDDD At first I felt like "WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON!" because racoon boy asked me about a PM by me. I was like "Did somebody heck my account and sent stupid PMs to everybody or WHAT?" Turned out that he meant my subtitle at MSN. O_o

Well, I feel quite good now. :P Thanks.
  • Me on deviantART
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2006, 12:03:15 pm »
  • Fendez Coder
hahahaha!!!

haha!!

That's the funniest thing I've ever seen, I actually fainted at the end, cos I laughed so hard I couldn't breath enough to get air in my head :P

thanks for translating ;)

Och vi som väntar på något gott vi väntar alltid för länge jag vet, jag vet
men ett liv med låga krav är som sommar utan sol och vinter utan snö
Och vem vill leva så
  • Fendez Games
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2006, 03:47:08 pm »
  • ZFGC veteran
Yeah theres a kid that needs that shock treatment :P that was a little insane  "boom head shot" was just funny this is.... funny yet sad.

Disappearing at random intervals for long periods of time since ezboard. (look I finally fixed the spelling error!)
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2006, 04:10:37 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
that has to be the funniest thing i've seen all week.  I love how he wonders where his keys went after he was slamming the keybaord.

i love big weenies and i cannot lie

Fox

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2006, 10:01:53 pm »
I got so tired, I can't laugh about it anymore. :( I'm Tim Thaler.

... if you didn't get that, it's ok. I expect nobody to get it. xD
  • Me on deviantART

Hikij

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2006, 04:47:55 am »
Isn't 255 some kind of special number with intengers (sp?) or something?
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2006, 05:02:53 am »
255 = maximum value that can be held by a single byte.

Hot dayum, that movie was <3ly. Fake, yes, probably, but so entertaining!
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2006, 06:04:52 am »
  • The Broken King
That scares me. XD
  • Broken Kings [Temp Site]
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2006, 10:33:08 am »
  • IBV
255 = maximum value that can be held by a single byte.

Finally, now it's my turn.

A byte can contain more than 255. It's all about the way you choose to read it. A byte doesn't necessarily have to be 8 bits either. But anyway, now let's say it's an octet, you can say it can only contain 256 different values. If these are between 0 and 255 or 20000 and 20255 can only be told by the programmer. Heck, s/he could even make the 256 different values go to random numbers.
My signature is empty.
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2006, 07:40:52 pm »
A byte can contain more than 255. It's all about the way you choose to read it. But anyway, now let's say it's an octet, you can say it can only contain 256 different values. If these are between 0 and 255 or 20000 and 20255 can only be told by the programmer. Heck, s/he could even make the 256 different values go to random numbers.
Woah now. Sure, you could use the byte as an address, or an index, or preform mathmatical operations on it to transform it into a bigger value, but the input byte itself is still a byte. It can only store 256 different values, because its a byte.

Besides, where are you going to store the results of your above-mentioned operation? You can't store the results in a byte, because those numbers you mentioned wouldn't fit in 8 bits. You need a larger data type.
Code: [Select]
short iResult; //16bit long to hold result
iResult = nByteValue + 20000;

So, let's clear this up: yes, you can use a byte as an address. You can use it as an index. You can use it as input for a program which will output a number which could not be held by a byte. But that byte is still a byte, and the maximum value you can store in 8 bits is 255.

PS: back on topic! Fox, since you speak german, is this guy saying the same things? Then there's this other translation, which is doubtless wrong, but still hilarious! =D Fox, you're a genius. =)
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2006, 07:57:13 pm »
  • IBV
A byte can contain more than 255. It's all about the way you choose to read it. But anyway, now let's say it's an octet, you can say it can only contain 256 different values. If these are between 0 and 255 or 20000 and 20255 can only be told by the programmer. Heck, s/he could even make the 256 different values go to random numbers.
Woah now. Sure, you could use the byte as an address, or an index, or preform mathmatical operations on it to transform it into a bigger value, but the input byte itself is still a byte. It can only store 256 different values, because its a byte.
But anyway, now let's say it's an octet, you can say it can only contain 256 different values.
That's what I said! :o

Besides, where are you going to store the results of your above-mentioned operation? You can't store the results in a byte, because those numbers you mentioned wouldn't fit in 8 bits. You need a larger data type.
Code: [Select]
short iResult; //16bit long to hold result
iResult = nByteValue + 20000;
Well you can still decide that "this" byte is between 20000 and 20255 so everytime it is used it needs to be added to 20000, because I may choose to use a byte instead of a short because it uses less memory with a tradeoff that it uses a few extra cycles everytime it is used (heck, I could even add zero to a "normal" used byte, but that would be a waste of CPU cycles). My point is that you can't say what a data type can contain, but merely how many different values (combinations) it can contain.

So, let's clear this up: yes, you can use a byte as an address. You can use it as an index. You can use it as input for a program which will output a number which could not be held by a byte. But that byte is still a byte, and the maximum value you can store in 8 bits is 255.
There's nothing that says it IS 255 when all bits are set. It's all up depening on the architecture, the programmer and various other factors that decide what a byte is at a given bitcombination. You could however always say that a octet byte can contain 256 different values, but that's it.
My signature is empty.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 65 queries.