Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 35   Go Down

Author Topic: Ocarina of Time to A Link to the Past Style Project (Great Deku Tree Finished!)  (Read 242893 times)

Re: Teh Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of the Past
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2010, 11:31:28 pm »
I am very very impressed. I haven't seen LTTP style sprites of this quality for a long long time. I would say some are better than Nintendo have done in their own games. Dampe looks great, as does Majoras Mask, but personally I think the Mask of Truth needs some work. The eye just seems too big, and the shape seems wrong. Besides that, excellent job.
  • Elliott Parkinson
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2010, 12:29:08 am »
  • You heard of the thing from the place with stuff?

Small update. A few new characters and a ton of edits to my old stuff.
I love your Gorons and how you made Majora bug-eyed. Roflmfaool!!! Are you going to make the skelaton version of the tree guy too? Btw, Deku Scrubs have 2 hands two go with their two feet. The Boss does not have a name. You still need to make the bunnhood too. This is one of the most amazing custom ALttP sprites I've seen. I mean serously, your goron is better than FSA's ALttP style goron.
Sorry, I can't think of a more interesting sig. > .>
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2010, 02:45:59 am »
On Majora's Mask... That's literally the best I could pull off with the limitations of the style. I wanted to give it a creepy look even though it's such a tiny sprite. Bug eyes worked. Lol.

I need to dig up my old King Zoras and Epona to show you guys.

And I want to attempt another Deku Tree soon.. that guy is fun as hell to sprite.
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2010, 03:02:35 am »
On Majora's Mask... That's literally the best I could pull off with the limitations of the style. I wanted to give it a creepy look even though it's such a tiny sprite. Bug eyes worked. Lol.

I need to dig up my old King Zoras and Epona to show you guys.

And I want to attempt another Deku Tree soon.. that guy is fun as hell to sprite.
Looking forward to it. Are you going to create custom or non-canonical species?
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2010, 03:30:58 am »
I may dabble into non canonical pieces.

I've always liked my idea for triforce powered weapons, such as the Master Sword and the Hylian Shield. Just seems like it would be a badass way to fight the final boss.. with the ability to shoot beams from your sword and such. Haha.

Whipped this up a couple nights ago..
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2010, 03:39:02 am »

:o That is amazing!!! But, that kind of reminds me of the sheild monster with 3000Def from Yu-Gi-Oh. Are you going tosprite that object too? Can we see the sword version one? (Has high expectations and respect for you.)
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2010, 03:43:28 am »

lol. And thankss. Keep your eye on this thread later this evening and tomorrow. I'm a spriting machine right now. Haha.
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2010, 03:56:42 am »
Keep your eye on this thread later this evening and tomorrow.
Would be honered too. By the way, what time is it there? It is already evening here. (Its 9:00 PM)
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2010, 05:08:33 am »

Just whipped this up in about 10 minutes. Kind of a rough idea of how I'm gonna make my Deku Tree.. hopefully it turns out as good as I am imagining it. I feel like I got the general ALttP look and angle to it thus far.
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2010, 05:15:59 am »
Just whipped this up in about 10 minutes. Kind of a rough idea of how I'm gonna make my Deku Tree.. hopefully it turns out as good as I am imagining it. I feel like I got the general ALttP look and angle to it thus far.
So this isn't done? Well then, shame on the other people who make ALttP Deku Trees becuase yours isn't done and it already looks better than this --> http://www.spriters-resource.com/custom_edited/zelda/dekutree2.gif. So your working on pogression on the tree atm?
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2010, 05:31:03 am »
Yeah, gonna start working on the outlining and shading and then mirroring it. Also debating on how to do the canopy. Most likely going to use the Master Sword area leaves, like XFixium did here:

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2010, 05:33:29 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
So this isn't done? Well then, shame on the other people who make ALttP Deku Trees becuase yours isn't done and it already looks better than this --> http://www.spriters-resource.com/custom_edited/zelda/dekutree2.gif. So your working on pogression on the tree atm?

I love how you've managed to already insult someone else over something made 5+ years ago. <_< It's really not the best way to maintain permission to use other peoples sprites (and yes, I can guarantee you're using a lot of DJ's sprites for your game.)
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2010, 05:37:05 am »
I'd also like to comment on that.. It's really unfair to compare mine to something made 5 years back. DJ and I were both beginners at this back then.. nowadays DJ can blow me away at spriting.

I don't mind if you appreciate what I am doing, just don't put down others in comparision to me..
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2010, 05:43:13 am »
So this isn't done? Well then, shame on the other people who make ALttP Deku Trees becuase yours isn't done and it already looks better than this.

So your working on pogression on the tree atm?
I love how you've managed to already insult someone else over something made 5+ years ago. <_< It's really not the best way to maintain permission to use other peoples sprites (and yes, I can guarantee you're using a lot of DJ's sprites for your game.)
I didn't meen to insult anyone, I'm just saying I prefer this one. Some may disagree with me, some may agree with me, it is all just preferances.
« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2010, 06:27:00 am »

And now a quick cut, recolor and paste of how I want my canopy to look, lol.

I'm thinking that I won't do a complete canopy for it, being that that would be a pain in the arse to do. It would be easier to make the Deku Tree area have a boundary where you can't get the 'camera' past the top of the canopy. Wouldn't be that hard, really..
« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2010, 06:42:00 am »

I'm thinking that I won't do a complete canopy for it, being that that would be a pain in the arse to do. It would be easier to make the Deku Tree area have a boundary where you can't get the 'camera' past the top of the canopy. Wouldn't be that hard, really..
Amazing! So what project are you working on?
« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2010, 07:14:37 am »
No project as of yet. Stay tuned.

Also had a new idea for the Deku Tree area, if I can find a certain resource..
« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2010, 08:07:51 am »

These two look really awesome. With the sword however I have noticed that the size of the hilt is to small compared to the blade. It kind of gives a Biggoron sword feel, instead of the Master Sword. The part where you grab the sword is to small and to thin.

I hope you will remove those leafs at the bottom edge of the canopy, because they do not fit the LttP style of trees. It looks more like a recolor FSA/MC style. ALttP has a fairly simple leaf structure, which does not contain any details about single leafs. MC however does have more detail in the canopy of trees.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2010, 08:10:28 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
Those leaves are in lttp Niek :P

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xX4O-zHSx0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xX4O-zHSx0</a>
« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2010, 08:17:49 am »
These two look really awesome. With the sword however I have noticed that the size of the hilt is to small compared to the blade. It kind of gives a Biggoron sword feel, instead of the Master Sword. The part where you grab the sword is to small and to thin.

I hope you will remove those leafs at the bottom edge of the canopy, because they do not fit the LttP style of trees. It looks more like a recolor FSA/MC style. ALttP has a fairly simple leaf structure, which does not contain any details about single leafs. MC however does have more detail in the canopy of trees.

As far as the sword and shields, all I did was recolor official art. So if it looks wrong, blame Nintendo, lol.

And as far as my leaves:
They show up in a couple of locations in the game. Not used for the same purpose, but I think they look quite nicely atop my Deku Tee. Yes, all the trees in ALttP have very little detail, but this is no mere tree. This is a gigantic tree, and a very significant part of the story.. I think it could use some detail. And also, there is a good bit more detail in AlttP sprites than you might think. I'd post examples but I am too tired to look em up lol. Might do that tomorrow..

Anywho...

Here is how I would imagine the Deku Tree area to look.

Please note that the sprite is nowhere near finished. Honestly I haven't even began working on it yet. Just having too much fun playing with this mockup.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 35   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 77 queries.

anything