Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Internet Problem  (Read 616 times)

Internet Problem
« on: April 10, 2007, 01:27:48 pm »
  • If not now, when?
Alright guys, I'm stumped. Maybe you can help.

I'm on vacation, and the hotel I am staying at offers a free internet connection. They advertise it as usable for internet, instant messaging, etc. No problem. When we arrive, I am able to get online, MSN, IRC, no problem.

However, recently I have been having some troubles. It seems that every program/service which does not use port 80, will not work! (With the exception of ICQ.. apparently). HTTPS, which uses port 443 instead of 80 for SSL, does not work. MSN messenger, will not work, AIM, will not work. It worked momentarily a few times, though.

The Possible Problem:
The day before my trip, I installed a new Anti-Virus software on my computer (Norton 360).

The Possible Solution:
I have already deactivated and closed my Anti-Virus software, and have even disabled the services which they use.

The Reassurance:
My stepmother is 5 feet away from me using GMail over HTTPS using the same connection. Help please :-)
Re: Internet Problem
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2007, 01:36:24 pm »
Norton sucks, I've used it so many times and had to uninstall it each time as it always fucks up my internet access. Uninstalling it is the only way to fix it, just disabling it won't.
Re: Internet Problem
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2007, 01:41:06 pm »
  • If not now, when?
Thanks... I will try to remove it. I hope it doesn't take away one of the computer slots though (my father gave me the last of the 3-slots you get when you purchase it...) I don't wish to get into trouble with him ;-)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.193 seconds with 42 queries.

anything