Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Earthbound Siege Marathon  (Read 3978 times)

Re: Earthbound Siege Marathon
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2008, 04:58:43 am »
  • 虫めづる姫君

I should also mention that I find Earthbound to be horribly retarded.

Lawl.  Not the most eloquent way of putting it.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2008, 05:01:17 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
lol nah but you know me

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2008, 05:06:43 am »
  • The Mike
Why call Nintendo anyway? They have no plans to release it outside Japan and the Game Boy is dead now and I don't think they'll waste their time to remake it onto DS. There is a chance for EB to come to VC but that probably won't happen for another 2 or more years. I'm still surprised Majora's Mask or Mario Party haven't made it on it yet.

I personally don't like EB that much because I'm not into the style of the game. M&L and Paper Mario games are examples of good RPG's. Anyway, if anybody here likes Mother/Earthbound, let them enjoy it. If nobody likes it, then just stay out and quit posting in the topic.

• Zelda Eternity
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2008, 06:02:25 am »
I'm quite sure that most intelligent discussion involves the sharing of opinions...
If the opinions aren't expressed intelligently though it still isn't intelligent conversation. For example "This game is !@#$%" or "this game is retarded" are not intelligently expressed opinions. An intelligently expressed opinion will include a reason for why this game is "!@#$%" or "retarded".

I wouldn't waste my time watching this :x...

Earthbound or not, it's a waste of time to sit and watch someone play 3 lengthy RPGs.
I agree with Mammy on this point watching someone play games is not so much fun usually. Though really I guess with most RPGs your pretty much just watching them anyway, so it really isn't that much different from playing them.
I made a thing! Please try the thing, it's what the kids are calling a "vidja game" for the iOS Splashy Bucket
  • Fictitious Spoon Productions
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2008, 06:06:16 am »
  • Super Hero Time!
If the opinions aren't expressed intelligently though it still isn't intelligent conversation. For example "This game is !@#$%" or "this game is retarded" are not intelligently expressed opinions. An intelligently expressed opinion will include a reason for why this game is "!@#$%" or "retarded".

I'll say it again. I think Earthbound is !@#$%. I don't need to have an expressed opinion to go with it. I played it, I thought it was !@#$%. End of discussion.
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2008, 06:14:44 am »
  • Taste the soup of my brain!
Holy @#$@# people!

If you hate the game, don't force your opinion on other people, and just freakin' ignore the topic!
She'll pull out your feathers for her brand new hat and when she's done that she'll feed you to her cat.
People you love will turn their backs on you.  You'll lose your hair, your teeth. Your knife will fall of its sheath, but you still don't like to leave until the end of the movie.
If I threw my guitar out the window, so far down, would I start to regret it?  Or would I smile and watch it slowly fall?

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2008, 06:17:57 am »
  • ^Not actually me.

You don't need to try to add "reasons" for why you personally feel this game is !@#$% for it to be a valid opinion. Opinion's are typically illogical because they're based on personal feelings, so to try to logically justify an opinion defeats the purpose of them existing in the first place.

It's not intelligent to say that an opinion is invalid simply because someone doesn't try to rationalize their feelings with elaborate information.

I also find it very important to state that if someone can say "This game is awesome." and then get after someone for calling it retarded because that's "Not an opinion.", then nobody has the right to call it "Awesome" either. "Awesome" is an adjective describing something, and could not possibly be used as an opinion, especially since the adjective "retarded" apparently cannot be used as an opinion.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2008, 06:25:59 am by Mamoruanime »
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2008, 06:40:58 am »
For linguistic comprehension, opinions are better be expressed by preceding them with "I think" or "I believe"; just because it is coming from you, people are not going to always see what you are saying as an opinion.  For example:

Also Earthbound sucks.
This gives the impression of defining fact.  It answers the question of "What is Earthbound?" to most who read it and those who share the opinion that they believe the game to suck, it will be seen as equivocal to an opinion.  It is all about perception.

And a counterexample:
I should also mention that I find Earthbound to be horribly retarded.
This clearly shows the pronoun "I" and makes it clear that it is coming from his perspective and identifying it as an opinion is easier.

Saying that a game is awesome is often seen as alright by those viewing it and in some cases those who claim such things are asked why or it comes up with their opinion.  Negative opinions go against the grain though and really if you are going to go in that direction, reasons why would validate the opinion.  Negativity has that drawback - while you can have a negative opinion, it trolls a bit. 

Rather than continue the bad blood between both sides, it makes more sense to ask the people who thought the game was good why they thought the game was as such.  Normally they complement something about the game with their posts, otherwise it just flows better with those who do and in that it gains acceptance to say with no reasons.  In the end though, thinking critically, there is good and bad to everything. 

Then again, ET for the Atari and games that are horribly designed have a drawback in that their negatives are high, there are no positives (the game running is a negative), and most people will agree that it is bad, so to say it is good and to go against the grain needs assistance.

That is just how I see it.

Kyubi

GET ON THE BALL!
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2008, 02:48:36 pm »
  • :3
Two words. Hanabi Motherfucking Festival.
Gannon-banned brother.

« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2008, 04:31:02 pm »
Wait they're calling Nintendo Support? Haha! good luck with that.

Further more, am I right in thinking that Nintendos Support hotline isn't the number to be calling for a remake of a shitty game?
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2008, 04:38:41 pm »
If people just bought Earthbound when it came out on the SNES, it would have established itself as a profitable franchise and Nintendo would be all over it. But you know what? People didn't buy it, and it never caught on. Whether or not it's a good game, it's now more of a cult release in North America and fans should be happy with what they have. You don't see me calling Square hoping that they'll make E.V.O 2 or Rockstar Games asking for a Space Station: Silicon Valley sequel. I don't blame Nintendo for not porting Mother 3, they need to make money, and they probably figure the few copies it will sell won't be worth the effort to localize it.
The Legend of Zelda: Hall of the Dead
Complete and free Zelda fan game
http://dayjo.org/uncannyvisions/hotd.html
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2008, 08:15:45 pm »
  • Don't Worry Sir, I'm From The Internet.
If people just bought Earthbound when it came out on the SNES, it would have established itself as a profitable franchise and Nintendo would be all over it. But you know what? People didn't buy it, and it never caught on. Whether or not it's a good game, it's now more of a cult release in North America and fans should be happy with what they have. You don't see me calling Square hoping that they'll make E.V.O 2 or Rockstar Games asking for a Space Station: Silicon Valley sequel. I don't blame Nintendo for not porting Mother 3, they need to make money, and they probably figure the few copies it will sell won't be worth the effort to localize it.
What? I thought Earthbound sold well...I could be mistaken though.
Grimace is the demiurge, the creator. From him all things in McDonaldland have sprung. He is not a sin, he's not a menu item, he's just Grimace. He exists. He rolls his lidless eyes and flaps his lipless mouth, formless and terrible, a protean idiot thing from the depths of pre-history.
« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2008, 09:18:06 pm »
  • Taste the soup of my brain!
...Once again, HOLY #@$@!

This discussion is not appropriate now.  I was just spreading the word to people who like Earthbound.

If you don't like it, go away.  It doesn't matter whether it is a good game or not, this is not a valid reason to start a ridiculous argument.

EDIT:  Also, the fact that mods take part in this ridiculous argument is disgraceful.

Someone PLEASE lock this topic.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2008, 09:20:52 pm by trelantana »
She'll pull out your feathers for her brand new hat and when she's done that she'll feed you to her cat.
People you love will turn their backs on you.  You'll lose your hair, your teeth. Your knife will fall of its sheath, but you still don't like to leave until the end of the movie.
If I threw my guitar out the window, so far down, would I start to regret it?  Or would I smile and watch it slowly fall?
« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2008, 09:21:55 pm »
  • Super Hero Time!
...Once again, HOLY #@$@!

This discussion is not appropriate now.  I was just spreading the word to people who like Earthbound.

If you don't like it, go away.  It doesn't matter whether it is a good game or not, this is not a valid reason to start a ridiculous argument.

EDIT:  Also, the fact that mods take part in this ridiculous argument is disgraceful.

Someone PLEASE lock this topic.

Yes, so disgraceful. We have disgraced the ZFGC gods.

Locked as of request.
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.
« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2008, 09:31:22 pm »

Technically power abuse here, but ahwell; So ZFGCs staff are no longer allowed to express their opinions because they are staff?
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 68 queries.