Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Zelda II Remake/Revamp Public Releases - 008  (Read 17443 times)

Re: Zelda II Remake/Revamp Public Releases - 008
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2015, 05:25:59 am »
Took a screen of the current title screen and a half finished file select screen.
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2015, 02:04:25 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
That's a nice looking title screen!

i love big weenies and i cannot lie
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2015, 05:10:56 pm »
That's a nice looking title screen!
Cannot take the credit.  There used to be a 16-bit enhanced version at least in mock-up stage floating around the internet four or five years ago.  I saved all their mock-ups, but did not take down any names.

I found the stuff sitting on my external hdd and figured I would put it to use.  If they ever come around, I'll give the proper credit or pull it down.  I cannot even find it via Google (the original prject).  I have their 16-bit revamps of most enemies and bosses as well since they released the sprite sheets to the public. 

They just never put their names in the sheets and I cannot remember the names after 5 years.

:/
  • Super Fan Gamers!
Re: Zelda II Remake/Revamp Public Releases - 009
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2015, 01:16:38 am »
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B49_4X0jDFp8VTJ3bnhrb1ZpWWs/view?usp=sharing
Build 009

-Working Title Screen
-fully functional file select screen(no name entry as Link is always referred as "Hero" in the game).
-creation and loading of gamedata that is saved (no way to save it, but it is created and saved whenever you make a new file)

Was done during a live stream.  Had 10 viewers at one point.  Had a lot of fun and got roughly 15% of the main overworld tiled out.  Probably going to focus on a more alpha release as I make more builds.
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2015, 05:35:04 am »
Been working on attempt #6(I think) version of the Zelda II Overworld into a traditional format.  This time, I am applying a feasible design in zoning out everything.  Towns and North Palace will be separate from the overworld.  Some other zones like heart zones and some forest zones will also be tiled separate from the overworld.

I decided to go this route so that I can focus on smaller areas that are alive with detail.  As I looked back at former and even 100% complete retiles into LTTP/ Minish Cap/ Link's Awakening/ Secret of Mana style, the old versions were just stale "full open" overworlds with no zones.  If you pay attention to LTTP and Minish Cap, everything is zoned(more so MC).  I already have stuff in place to make it almost seemless, but it will have that LTTP scroll effect from zone to zone and white fade ins/outs with the towns and side areas(working on a pixelated fade out similar to when you enter Zora Waterfall in LTTP).

Anyway, I am very tired so this might be a bit blah blah.  Check attachments for an idea of what I mean.
  • Super Fan Gamers!

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2015, 02:43:18 pm »
  • .越//
youre idea is very good, but as i see from those lttp parts of the maps that you try too much to make the map 1:1... you better schould map "the feel" of each zone, not the tiles since you have to redesign every sidescrolling level anyways

btw.: i would add the beach to the startzone since you have every exit you could need for starters and end the northern part with a skyview to the ocean like they used with the pyramid in lttp

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

Minish Cap Beta:Firerod Icon, Majoras Mask:ChuChu, Ocarina of Time:Gossip Stone, Oracle Series:Link plays the "Herpes of Ages", Impa, Wand Maker: HUD
~GB-Zelda Style~
Ocarina of Time: Deku Caca
~Other~
Paper Mario Style Zelda&Link, Tetra Trackers HUD-Cleanups

Miles07

Knight of ERA
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2015, 04:12:32 pm »
  • Long live the Chaos!!
You say "zoning out everything", but those trees are so large. Also, from a player's perspective, walking into a tree (which is supposed to be possible in AoL) seems less likely, because you're using large solid objects and expecting players to know that they represent a forest area. That's just a bad meme waiting to happen.

However, this isn't actually a bad idea at all. I personally would have tried to scale the overworld up a little... In fact, I think you might find as well that once you have an overworld done, you'll zoom out to get a good look at the whole thing at once, put Link into the picture to scale, and realize "Hyrule looks a bit small... :/"
I was talking to my friend last night, and he was mentioning about how in 1980, he thought the internet would become this amazing place where people from across the world would share ideas. I was telling him about how this project [KOT] has worked, lurching along for years and drawn by different people from across the globe, and he thought it was beautiful. And he was right, it's awesome. :D

Zelda Items Spritesheet album (OUT OF DATE) - (link here)
A Link Across Time project - (link here)
Boss Keys project (Metroid) - (link here)
Boss Keys project (Zelda) - (link here)
Boss Keys project Trello Board - (link here)
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2015, 01:07:49 am »
You say "zoning out everything", but those trees are so large. Also, from a player's perspective, walking into a tree (which is supposed to be possible in AoL) seems less likely, because you're using large solid objects and expecting players to know that they represent a forest area. That's just a bad meme waiting to happen.

However, this isn't actually a bad idea at all. I personally would have tried to scale the overworld up a little... In fact, I think you might find as well that once you have an overworld done, you'll zoom out to get a good look at the whole thing at once, put Link into the picture to scale, and realize "Hyrule looks a bit small... :/"

What are you even talking about?  I am legit 100% confused by your post.

I am transitioning the Zelda II overworld into LTTP style.  It is not a 1:1 exact replica with just prettier graphics.  It is taking the overworld from the NES version and completely re-imagining it as if it was meant for Link to the Past.

The whole "zone" thing is what Link to the Past and Minish Cap already do.  The overworld in those games is not one huge open environment.  You transition to different areas, you scroll between open areas(not the camera following you but the actual scrolling at the edge of the screen), etc.  Thus, I am taking parts of the overworld from Zelda II and putting them into zones to be tiled appropriately.

On another note: this isn't my first dance.  I have already completely mapped Zelda II into different styles several times already.  You claim my overworld will be small...  My overworld is already half the size of LTTP and my overworld doesnt even have the second continent, death mountain, or maze island included in it yet.  Trust me, it will be just fine. ;)

Stop thinking of a direct 1:1 and you will overcome that mental block of the forests(I had to as well).  Certain forests will be accessible similar to Lost Woods in LTTP.  Other forests such as the forest directly up and left from the starting location are completely meaningless.  Thus, I am just going to tile in tree areas similar to what LTTP does around the flute boy and Kakariko.

As I said, I have done this several times.  This time, I am packing much more detail into it(eventually).

"Have faith!" - Happy Mask Salesman
  • Super Fan Gamers!

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2015, 03:54:19 am »
  • .越//
I am transitioning the Zelda II overworld into LTTP style.  It is not a 1:1 exact replica with just prettier graphics.  It is taking the overworld from the NES version and completely re-imagining it as if it was meant for Link to the Past.
As I said, I have done this several times.  This time, I am packing much more detail into it(eventually).

Your example picture was misleading then, since it looks like a 1:1
Well I look forward to your finished first zone

but one thing i noticed in the example: you're using the ltt dirt tiles for the beach? maybe you should look into fsa, i attach an image of the fsa beach which was meant for the gba-screen

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

Minish Cap Beta:Firerod Icon, Majoras Mask:ChuChu, Ocarina of Time:Gossip Stone, Oracle Series:Link plays the "Herpes of Ages", Impa, Wand Maker: HUD
~GB-Zelda Style~
~Other~

Miles07

Knight of ERA
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2015, 04:26:09 pm »
  • Long live the Chaos!!
Your example picture was misleading then, since it looks like a 1:1
This.

but one thing i noticed in the example: you're using the ltt dirt tiles for the beach? maybe you should look into fsa, i attach an image of the fsa beach which was meant for the gba-screen
As far as I can figure out, that part of the Z2 map is not meant to be a beach. Tantari Desert -- the part of the world just north of the North Castle -- is just that: a desert. I don't believe that there's any part of the Z2 overworld that is ever meant to be a "beach"...
I was talking to my friend last night, and he was mentioning about how in 1980, he thought the internet would become this amazing place where people from across the world would share ideas. I was telling him about how this project [KOT] has worked, lurching along for years and drawn by different people from across the globe, and he thought it was beautiful. And he was right, it's awesome. :D

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2015, 07:57:45 am »
  • .越//

As far as I can figure out, that part of the Z2 map is not meant to be a beach. Tantari Desert -- the part of the world just north of the North Castle -- is just that: a desert. I don't believe that there's any part of the Z2 overworld that is ever meant to be a "beach"...

even if so: same tiles as the beach, different color

http://www.spriters-resource.com/snes/legendofzeldaalinktothepast/sheet/7629/

If you have desert or a beach, both are sand and not dirt

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

~GB-Zelda Style~
~Other~

Miles07

Knight of ERA
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2015, 08:16:38 pm »
  • Long live the Chaos!!
Ah yes, you are correct, Dotyue.

« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2015, 05:02:37 am »
I don't know which tileset would mash more for a remake/revamp of Zelda II: The Adventures of Link, but I hope for the best.
Games that I support:

Forums that I am a member of:
« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2015, 12:51:31 am »
I don't know which tileset would mash more for a remake/revamp of Zelda II: The Adventures of Link, but I hope for the best.
Everything is currently being redone in LTTP tiles since LTTP sprites are being used.  The entire game is going to flow as a LTTP clone.  There will be no side-scrolling elements.
  • Super Fan Gamers!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 66 queries.

anything