Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Donkey Kong 64 is the most racist game I've ever played.  (Read 17683 times)

Donkey Kong 64 is the most racist game I've ever...
« on: March 28, 2008, 05:51:21 pm »
  • Your expression has changed too
In Donkey Kong 64, the Kong family may seem like just a normal group of characters, but it's actually Rare's sick and twisted sense of humor at work again. In DK64, the Kongs listen to rap, use guns, and eat watermelon. Racists also often compare black people to monkeys. Decide for yourself if this is truly just a coincidence or not.
Ghoster Poster
  • I have a Twitter if you're into that kinda thing
Re: Donkey Kong 64 is the most racist game I've ...
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2008, 05:56:41 pm »
In Donkey Kong 64, the Kong family may seem like just a normal group of characters, but it's actually Rare's sick and twisted sense of humor at work again. In DK64, the Kongs listen to rap, use guns, and eat watermelon. Racists also often compare black people to monkeys. Decide for yourself if this is truly just a coincidence or not.
-_-
It's just a game...Look how Sand Andreas potrayed the blacks...   It's just a game.  I have my own right to decide whether or not I hate people of different races...Games do not influence my decision.
God, you people take these kind of issues way too seriously....lol  Stop watching Dr. Phil and the news.
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2008, 05:58:53 pm »
-_-
It's just a game...Look how Sand Andreas potrayed the blacks...   It's just a game.  I have my own right to decide whether or not I hate people of different races...Games do not influence my decision.
God, you people take these kind of issues way too seriously....lol  Stop watching Dr. Phil and the news.
Indeed. It's just a game, and their are far more raciest ones out there.

@Takuthehedgehog:
Stop whining.
So give me you're code and add mine:
Code: 4296-2644-3642

Sorry guys.  I just don't have the time anymore for the CP.  Working two jobs and just having a couple hours to play my Wii and continue learning programming just is not leaving me free time to focus on the CP.  I feel that it's my obligation to step aside as Level Director.  It's just a time issue.  Since I am also a global mod that also takes some of my focus from the CP.  So, it's nothing against anybody or what not, I'm just out of time anymore it seems.  Sorry again.
wtf, i remember posts that used to have content explaining reasons rather than ways to get rises out of users with a youtube video and no reason as to why!

How to post maturely:
epic intolerance, I caught aids from the stupidity in your post

why not issue everyone 5 opinion tokens for each year, if they voice their opinion without presenting a token- they can be legally murdered
Make sure every post you make is mature like these two (and there's many more). You just can't beat ZFGC's friendliness and maturity!

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2008, 06:00:27 pm »
  • b e p i s
Successfully trolled.
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single

Pedlya

Pederp
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2008, 06:05:56 pm »
  • Vote for Harvey!~
-_-
Indeed. It's just a game, and their are far more raciest ones out there.

@Takuthehedgehog:
Stop whining.

Yet you admit its still racist. Also; Sand Andreas? Never heard of that one, do they build sand castles and ride the wave?
So what! I wanna get out! 'Cos there's so much out there! So many different people, living different lives! Incredibly good guys, bad guys... Folks completely different from us! It's one huge melting pot! See, it's not about success, dying in the streets, who's better, who's not! I just want to be a part of it! I realized that even if I've no connections, no talent, even if I'm one big loser, I want to use my hands and feet to think and move, to shape my own life! We can just die here or we can try, see what we've got!
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2008, 06:06:34 pm »
You people take the internet too seriously.
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2008, 07:07:03 pm »
  • Don't Worry Sir, I'm From The Internet.
You people take the internet too seriously.
No...if this was in spam they would take it too seriously.

On topic, I never saw the correlation between the monkeys and black people. I always thought it was racist how link and all the good guys were perfectly white, but the gerudo are clearly middle-eastern. Oh well, its alright.
Grimace is the demiurge, the creator. From him all things in McDonaldland have sprung. He is not a sin, he's not a menu item, he's just Grimace. He exists. He rolls his lidless eyes and flaps his lipless mouth, formless and terrible, a protean idiot thing from the depths of pre-history.
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2008, 07:10:42 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
On topic, I never saw the correlation between the monkeys and black people. I always thought it was racist how link and all the good guys were perfectly white, but the gerudo are clearly middle-eastern. Oh well, its alright.

I think that's more of a "We make the main characters based on our culture, and we base the other characters on other cultures" thing.

Also monkeys come from Africa. Black people tend to descend from Africa (so do white people, but lets not get into that now). It makes sense that monkeys would follow 'Black culture'. It's totally logical ;)
« Last Edit: March 28, 2008, 07:12:40 pm by TheDarkJay »
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2008, 07:27:55 pm »
I never made that connection. On the other hand I've always gotten the impression that Gorons were based on black people.  They refer to each other as "Brother", the bumpy rows on there head are similar to cornrows, etc.  Oh, and they eat rocks, obvious racial stereotype right there...  :P

Also, I just want to point out that even if something is based on a particular race it doesn't necessarily mean it's racist.  Sometimes I wonder if we were to all ignore racism and not hold it in such prominence, wouldn't it just disappear?  The same thing goes for Jack Thompson.
You rich !@#$%. I wish I could afford AIDs.
Payback's a !@#$% :P BTW Mamoruanime was here
  • [my deviantART gallery]

alirazaq

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2008, 07:29:11 pm »
Yeah well no one is lying thats how they are ::)
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2008, 08:06:30 pm »
  • Don't Worry Sir, I'm From The Internet.
I never made that connection. On the other hand I've always gotten the impression that Gorons were based on black people.  They refer to each other as "Brother", the bumpy rows on there head are similar to cornrows, etc.  Oh, and they eat rocks, obvious racial stereotype right there...  :P

Also, I just want to point out that even if something is based on a particular race it doesn't necessarily mean it's racist.  Sometimes I wonder if we were to all ignore racism and not hold it in such prominence, wouldn't it just disappear?  The same thing goes for Jack Thompson.
Yah you are right...the Zora King always made me wonder however.

I put in black stereotype on google image search and well...you draw a conclusion. But really, I hate how people seem to grasp at straws for anything remotely racist. Every race has different cultures and characteristics, it would be stupid to call racism everytime that was recognized.
Grimace is the demiurge, the creator. From him all things in McDonaldland have sprung. He is not a sin, he's not a menu item, he's just Grimace. He exists. He rolls his lidless eyes and flaps his lipless mouth, formless and terrible, a protean idiot thing from the depths of pre-history.
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2008, 08:25:01 pm »
  • I had to sew my face back on with string cheese
On the news they were talking about how a magazine cover showing Lebron James holding a woman was racist.  They said it looked like King Kong holding what's her name.  The man arguing the point said that to the majority of people, black humanity is still futuristic and unheard of.
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2008, 08:31:09 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
I'm not racist. I hate all races equally.

alirazaq

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2008, 08:32:34 pm »
Hah so did I

How long have black people been eating rocks? >_>
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2008, 09:04:56 pm »

;>_>

On a side note, American should be it's own race.
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2008, 09:08:41 pm »
  • :D

;>_>

On a side note, American should be it's own race.
Er... who said it was?
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2008, 09:13:08 pm »
  • Lionfish App dev
o-O Nobody said it was. He said it should be. :P
  • Lionfish Apps

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2008, 10:55:30 pm »
  • Silly cat!
Why is it only racist when it concerns black people?

Hoffy.
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2008, 11:07:10 pm »
Why is it only racist when it concerns black people?

The same reason that black comedians are allowed to make fun of white people, but white comedians aren't allowed to make fun of black people.
You rich !@#$%. I wish I could afford AIDs.
Payback's a !@#$% :P BTW Mamoruanime was here
  • [my deviantART gallery]
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2008, 12:55:36 am »
  • I need something new to put here...
They don't like red heads...

Gannondorf
Bowser
King DeDeDe (has a red hat)
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.253 seconds with 78 queries.