Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Graphics of my game  (Read 3781 times)

Graphics of my game
« on: April 04, 2009, 10:38:53 pm »
Well, I have been working on this game since octuber :P, but my coder decided to leave gaming and so I don't find a reason to continue on it:

:P so what do you think?

gm112

Re: Graphics of my game
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2009, 10:40:38 pm »
Your art reminds me that of ones found in CaveStory :P. I dunno why, but I think of Cave Story when I look at your pixel art. The monsters look a little inspired from Pokemon. Are they, by any chance?
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2009, 10:41:36 pm »
Neeeat :D
Shame you're not going to finish it.
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2009, 10:43:30 pm »
Owh, I do like that art style. Simple, but really unique.

If you feel like continuing it at another time, PM me sometime.
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2009, 10:51:51 pm »
Your art reminds me that of ones found in CaveStory :P. I dunno why, but I think of Cave Story when I look at your pixel art. The monsters look a little inspired from Pokemon. Are they, by any chance?
lol yeah they also remind me of pokemon mostly the happy colors.

Neeeat :D
Shame you're not going to finish it.
meh the main reason that I am not going to finish is that I got no coder.

Oh wow, I would really like to continue it with you But I do prefer to do a more unique plataformer with you(since my game looks like a ripoff of cavestory), but the main problem is that I am a slow worker, I like to take my time doing  sprites , but yeah I am really interested. I have been interested in your work since long ago, probablysince CR :P.
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2009, 11:08:39 pm »
Nice, looks original :)
It's just missing an "atmosphere" background (like clouds and sun, a fog, etc.; that plain blue doesn't match the scenario very well IMO)

BTW, you should post the source code too. (if your coder allows you to, of course)

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2009, 11:32:08 pm »
  • Silly cat!
I seriously wonder what this game is about.

But actually, I think your spriting has improved a lot since you were working with me on TLoZFGC, and with Aaron on OoL. This style is terrific, I'd love to see more.

Hoffy.
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2009, 11:46:16 pm »
Ahh it's lovely. :] I've always liked the little cat in your avatar. Haha great style.
  • My Photostream

The gold chuchu

Maybe not?...
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2009, 12:21:55 am »
Woah! What a style!

I seriously think you should still continue this!^_^
Who knows, there still good coders out with no job, I'm sure someone will help you!
Even if you don't have a coder, these sprites are way to original and colorful to let die!
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2009, 12:25:48 am »

Oh wow, I would really like to continue it with you But I do prefer to do a more unique plataformer with you(since my game looks like a ripoff of cavestory), but the main problem is that I am a slow worker, I like to take my time doing  sprites , but yeah I am really interested. I have been interested in your work since long ago, probablysince CR :P.
Slow worker is better than no worker :P. Most of my artists just !@#$% off and never come back, hence my large stash of unfinished original-IP.
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2009, 12:50:44 am »
I used to be a graphical artist, and I never found anybody who was actually able to complete a simple walking engine, let alone an entire game. Not only that, but they constantly yelled at me about how I wasn't producing enough artwork for the game when I told them I wanted to see proof of their abilities through a walking engine before I would simply hand over mass amounts of my original work. If per chance a serious team forms from this, I wouldn't mind assisting in the graphical production.

Back on topic. I think that you have created a beautiful, yet simplistic style of graphics for your game. Too bad you don't plan on continuing it, I would have loved to see a game completed in this graphical style.
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2009, 12:53:30 am »
I used to be a graphical artist, and I never found anybody who was actually able to complete a simple walking engine, let alone an entire game. Not only that, but they constantly yelled at me about how I wasn't producing enough artwork for the game when I told them I wanted to see proof of their abilities through a walking engine before I would simply hand over mass amounts of my original work. If per chance a serious team forms from this, I wouldn't mind assisting in the graphical production.
Choose your team more wisely then :). Sadly a lot of programmers lack the understanding of "placeholder" art, so demand work from artists before producing much code.
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2009, 01:21:14 am »
Nice, looks original :)
It's just missing an "atmosphere" background (like clouds and sun, a fog, etc.; that plain blue doesn't match the scenario very well IMO)

BTW, you should post the source code too. (if your coder allows you to, of course)

I neger got to the point of making backgrounds, but yeah It looks way too plain, hmm I need to ask permission for that. I will try but it is just a walking and shooting engine nothing that fancy.

I seriously wonder what this game is about.

But actually, I think your spriting has improved a lot since you were working with me on TLoZFGC, and with Aaron on OoL. This style is terrific, I'd love to see more.
Well, the story was really random actually, It was about the cat going in a tripulation to his home planet but crashes into that planet, at first he needs to fix his spaceship, but later he realizes that it is more important to help the native people from a evil guy, at the start the story is funny and jokish, but later I was planning to make the side stories to become the central plot and ending in something serious.

Ahh it's lovely. :] I've always liked the little cat in your avatar. Haha great style.
haha thanks :3, the cat in my avatar has old colours, it is more grey than it should be :P.
Woah! What a style!

I seriously think you should still continue this!^_^
Who knows, there still good coders out with no job, I'm sure someone will help you!
Even if you don't have a coder, these sprites are way to original and colorful to let die!
Well, I will see If I should continue it, but most of the story hasn't been written, I just have it in my head for a while.

Choose your team more wisely then :). Sadly a lot of programmers lack the understanding of "placeholder" art, so demand work from artists before producing much code.
heh, I must admit that my programmer used to ask me for alot of sprites :P and keep on bugging me, sometimes i hated talking with him due to him only asking for new and new sprites D:, and thats why the engine didn't had that much.

BTW infini I really want to work on a game with you, either something different, or continue with this. my mail is mfd_123@hotmail.com, so we can continue talking :P.
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2009, 02:05:02 am »
If you do make a game I'll do music :P
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2009, 05:02:36 am »
  • :3

looks alike :P

nice spirites
  • daniel-kun
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2009, 09:01:28 pm »
Darklight: Your help is always welcomed. But I will take my time on this game.. so It might be a while until I ask for help.

Deku_stick: hahahahha, thats creepy.. Mine is cute :P.

Well, the game is going to be continued with Infinitus as programmer. :3.

The gold chuchu

Maybe not?...
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2009, 09:09:17 pm »
Darklight: Your help is always welcomed. But I will take my time on this game.. so It might be a while until I ask for help.

That's AWESOME! Can't wait to see this in the future, and the sprites shall continue!^_^
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2009, 10:01:21 pm »
  • Le temps est comme un océan dans une tempete...
I hope you'll do something with all of this.
I've be waiting to see an engine since the first time you showed me your "gato".
That's so a great universe and style, don't give it up.

You need a coder so I won't be able to help you but if you want some help in spriting, animating or doing artworks, I'll be right there.
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2009, 01:27:00 am »

Haha yeah, it's usually like that for music, I'd need to play a build or two to get the feel for the style anyway :P
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 76 queries.