ZFGC.com > Feedback

ZFGC...what do you love?

(1/6) > >>

Starforsaken101:
Good morning ZFGC,

Lately the community has been quiet, and I realize there really isn't that much going on to excite the community as of late. We already have a thread listing things people hate, but...what do you guys love? What would you like to see more of? More contests? More collaborative works?

I invite you all to throw in your suggestions!

Kami:
I think we need more contests, collabs, activities as well as other things to try and help improve some activity on the foums.

The forums there really any insentive or motivation to really do anything other than to idle,

I'm thinking we could do some sort of comps weither it be for drawing, making minigames, charactors and such.
We probably could have the return of badges and awards to try and boost peoples willlingness to do things.

It'd also be nice to see more projects in the works, but that's more or less related to motivation, time, and etc, depends on the person.

--- Quote from: 'Walnut' ---<Kami>: brb going to add more things to my suggestions list
<Walnut>: Suggestions list for the CMS: Sack it and write a new one
<Walnut>: For the forums: Switch to a non-vaporware software
<Walnut>: 
<Walnut>: Wiki's good tho
<Walnut>: Basically the ZFGC3 plan

--- End quote ---

The sites resources are quite stale with barely any actual rips from any official games. I'd suggest starting over and going through the resources and have a more organised resource system.
I'll personally help add in more complete resources via from some original games.

Maybe a way to filter the content via games it's related to or by graphic type(eg sprite sheet, tileset ect.) and such.

I also think it's be helpful if the themes weren't nearly the same and that most of them work.
I'll probably add more to this as I think of things.

BlazeBigBang:
The forum is quiet, mostly because there's no much people on it. I mean, we have, like, 1000 users. And not all are active users.

Anyway, answering to the main topic, I'd like to see more projects, and stuff, something that would make me to keep looking at it every day.

4Sword:
- create/monitor list of useful/helpful engines, making sure to have a copy of the source here
- promote coding/template/engine practices that make an effort to be usable/helpful for others
- have contests that challenge people to code things like game features that haven't been coded before
- while full-scale engines can be considered like projects, make an effort for them to be in the Coding boards instead

- emphasize dungeon design and collaboration, especially to where those dungeons could be incorporated into fangames

Martijn dh:
Personally I'm all good in my little project corner (updating it once a week), but I agree that more organised activities will help spark more ... activity. We have so many admins / moderators that surely something can be organised. And also, my advice would be to make a schedule the activities planned troughout the entire year, rather then just the upcoming week. That way (new) people will see that a lot of things are planned, which in turn will make the site seem more alive / active / interesting.

Like: april = dungeon design challenge;  may = character design challenge; june = new staff picked project; juli = spriting challenge, august = music challenge; september = whatever.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Go to full version