Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Voice of the Goddesses [working title]  (Read 2552 times)

Source

Internet Tough Guy.
The Legend of Zelda: Voice of the Goddesses [wor...
« on: June 14, 2006, 07:30:41 pm »
  • Things to see and people to do.
I've noticed that many Zelda fangames are very kid-oriented. Not really what older players such as myself are really going to be interested in. So, I came up with Wrath of the Goddesses. These are my early ideas, so they're not really well-developed, but I see a future for them.

Story
Many years have passed since Link and Tetra found the new land, which they named Hylia. Now, a kingdom of equal proportion to the kingdom of legend has developed. The queen, Zelda, was in a deep sleep one night, when she had a dream. In this dream, the TriForce hovered in front of her. The three golden triangles broke off from each other, and surrounded her. A voice came from each triangle: the voices of the goddesses. The Triangle of Power spoke first:

"Zelda, Queen of Destiny, at long last, we have found you."

Next, the Triangle of Wisdom spoke:

"A dark power is rising from the ashes of the kingdom of legends."

The Triangle of Courage then said:

"This dark power is that of an evil sorceress. Her name is unknown."

The Triangle of Power spoke again, saying:

"She has power unlike anything we've ever seen. More power than us."

The Triangle of Wisdom then said:

"Only one of the Hyrulian Bloodline can silence her."

The Triangle of Courage ended the dream, saying:

"Go now. Find a hero who bears Hyrulian Blood. This will help you. It will glow red in the presence of Hyrulian Blood..."

The Triangles joined once again, and a blue pearl appeared in the middle. It floated out and Zelda grabbed it. In her hands, it felt warm, as if it had been left in the sun on a bright afternoon. The next morning, she put on a robe to conceal her true idendity. With the Pearl in hand, she set out to find a hero with Hyrulian Blood.

All afternoon she searched the kingdom. Just as she was about to give up, she sat down next to a stream to rest before returning home. Just then, a young man dressed in green walked up, and asked if she was ok. As she turned to face him, she felt the pearl become warmer than ever, and it began to tingle in her hand. She looked down at it...It was glowing red.

This fangame will be different than other fangames for several reasons. For one, it will be more of an adult oriented game, with (some) cursing. Second, it will feature darker, more realistic graphics. Thirdly, everything will be original. The music, the graphics...everything.

Please post your comments.

--Cronian

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone thought to themselves "You know, I really want to set those people over there on fire." - George Carlin

(!@#$%)

Hear the haunting words (They'll find you alone)
lost children with no heart are crying (Turning their hearts into stone)
and you're the lost mother they're calling
Go now, run and hide (seek more than vengeance)
I hear them crying at night (your pain is their satisfaction)
outside when the planets are falling (for the rest of time)
They want to feel and know you hear them (Go now, run and hide)

• http://giantcock.netne.net/

Dark Xion

Re: The Legend of Zelda: Voice of the Goddesses ...
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2006, 11:03:18 am »
Dude, that actually sounds pretty cool, I would actually like to work on it, but my only skill is programming though, but if u need a programmer I could try and do it for u, I have been freeling majorly uninspired lately and havnt rly programmed much the past few weeks, maybe something directed by someone else could get me out of my funk. Anyways i could add a neat 2 and a half D touch to it too, i am really good at that (2 and a half D being where the environment is 3D but the ppl and stuff are 2D, but I use camera angles that make it hard to tell they are 2D). And hey even if u don't need my help, I would still love to see where this thing goes, so I will check back to this topic frequently.Anyways good luck to ya and hope I can be of a use, peace man!!

Pedlya

Pederp
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2006, 11:14:10 am »
  • Vote for Harvey!~
Damn, that sounds awsome. If you need a person to help you out with the story im your man.
So what! I wanna get out! 'Cos there's so much out there! So many different people, living different lives! Incredibly good guys, bad guys... Folks completely different from us! It's one huge melting pot! See, it's not about success, dying in the streets, who's better, who's not! I just want to be a part of it! I realized that even if I've no connections, no talent, even if I'm one big loser, I want to use my hands and feet to think and move, to shape my own life! We can just die here or we can try, see what we've got!

alirazaq

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2006, 03:15:34 pm »
I'll help to heres what i can do
Beta tester
music finder/composer
support banner maker
logo design
website design

There anything or evrything jus pm me or put it in the forum

Source

Internet Tough Guy.
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2006, 04:59:47 pm »
Dude, that actually sounds pretty cool, I would actually like to work on it, but my only skill is programming though, but if u need a programmer I could try and do it for u, I have been freeling majorly uninspired lately and havnt rly programmed much the past few weeks, maybe something directed by someone else could get me out of my funk. Anyways i could add a neat 2 and a half D touch to it too, i am really good at that (2 and a half D being where the environment is 3D but the ppl and stuff are 2D, but I use camera angles that make it hard to tell they are 2D). And hey even if u don't need my help, I would still love to see where this thing goes, so I will check back to this topic frequently.Anyways good luck to ya and hope I can be of a use, peace man!!

2.5D sounds pretty neat, but I'm more for the 2D experience, since we all know that 2D games are much easier to make than 2.5D and 3D games. But I am looking to make this seem like a real Nintendo-made game, so I'll need several programmers, with each working on their own thing (e.g. one person works on movement, another works on collisions, another works on weapons, etc). So if you're still interested in being a programmer, please, don't hesitate to tell me!

Damn, that sounds awsome. If you need a person to help you out with the story im your man.

Please do! Stories aren't exactly my area of expertise.

I'll help to heres what i can do
Beta tester
music finder/composer
support banner maker
logo design
website design

There anything or evrything jus pm me or put it in the forum

You can do all that? Hm...I'd hate to overwork you, but if you want, you can do all of them. Any help is appreciated!

If anyone else wishes to help, feel free to let me know.

--Cronian
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone thought to themselves "You know, I really want to set those people over there on fire." - George Carlin

(!@#$%)

alirazaq

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2006, 02:16:10 am »
Are you new to game design

Source

Internet Tough Guy.
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2006, 03:45:27 am »
No. You should see my GML scripts. The smallest I've seen in a while would have to be...20 or so lines of code.

No, I've been making games for a while.

(!@#$%)

Dark Xion

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2006, 02:30:42 am »
I'd gladly be a programmer, and keeping it straight up 2D sounds good lol, I was trying to combine like 8 Zelda engines earlier today and then make it 2.5D and it's gonna take so much work to straighten it out, but just tell me what you need as far as coding goes and I'll do it, I very well versed in GMl, and plus, because of these anti-biotics I am taking, I only sleep once every 2 or 3 days (they double as freaking steroids, I hate it lol), but that means you'd get it rather quickly for sure, keep in mind my company comes first in these situations but I am not working on anything to serious atm, just refining some games for release, so I'd have plenty of time. Anyways just PM what part of the engine you'd need and I'll get it to ya.

Source

Internet Tough Guy.
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2006, 09:30:01 pm »
Whoa! Crap! I completely forgot about this topic for a while! Anyways, I'm back.

(!@#$%)

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 53 queries.

anything