Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: An extremely important question!  (Read 1226 times)

Koh

An extremely important question!
« on: September 09, 2006, 10:27:54 pm »
  • Tamer Koh
What tool or how do you make animated pictures? I know MS Paint is not capable of doing that, so how do you guys do it?
  • Megaclipse Games
Re: An extremely important question!
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2006, 10:32:02 pm »
Are you talking about .gif files? If so stay the HELL away from them in game development, they are satan's spawn.
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2006, 10:35:54 pm »
  • =/
Are you talking about .gif files? If so stay the HELL away from them in game development, they are satan's spawn.
How so? They allow external animated files, if animated in the right program they don't have any loss and are small in size.

The only free on I can find is this:
http://forums.gamemaker.nl/index.php?showtopic=162469&hl=
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2006, 10:46:32 pm »
How so? They allow external animated files, if animated in the right program they don't have any loss and are small in size.

The only free on I can find is this:
http://forums.gamemaker.nl/index.php?showtopic=162469&hl=

Well the main reason is it is designed for internet protocols not game development, meaning it includes unneccessary and sometimes redundent features like interlacing, lossy compression, palletes, over the top compression (for game development at any rate, its a trade of between decompression speed and size, I myself prefer to have a fast loading but large file).

I guess its really just a personal choice, I myself prefer to use TGA files which are more or less industry standard in game development, thanks to their ease of importing/exporting, supported RLE compression, and fast loading times.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2006, 11:05:52 pm by Helios »

mit

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2006, 11:06:30 pm »
  • QBASIC programmer since age 4. Take that, world.
Go .mng! Except it's not used very much at all, and I don't know any programs that animate to it. And probably not the best for game development.

There are lots of free GIF animators, although if that GM one works then use it. But you get lots of results when searching for "GIF Animation Program" on Google.

Programmer / Spriter / Level designer / Game Director / Web Designer / Music Sequencer for
Random Highscore table:

Play the Kousou Arcade today!
  • Kousou Games
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.251 seconds with 45 queries.

anything