Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Submission] Beamos  (Read 8365 times)

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
[Submission] Beamos
« on: November 11, 2012, 12:57:44 am »
  • www.mouffers.com
Alright so...I had this crazy idea where maybe the Beamos could be a Cyclops...so that's what I did!

Here is Beamos. It stays mostly true to the original design except instead of making it a boring pillar, I made it a Cyclops sitting on a pedestal that moves in a circle. He has a really bad migraine, causing him to be lethargic and extremely easy to startle. If anything runs past him or even looks him in the eye, it'll !@#$% him off and make a beam shoot out of his eye. It is extremely painful to him and he's seen almost always cradling his head with his hands. I got this idea after reading that some Beamos in dungeons like the Celestial Clock are mobile; this way, the Cyclops can actually stand up and hop towards Link.

Here is the concept art:

Any comments are appreciated.
  • Starforsaken101's DeviantART
Re: [Submission] Beamos
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2012, 12:59:53 am »
  • It's the grineer
Not criticising, but kind of feedback to the submission. It looks like the guy will jump and hit Link.

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2012, 03:18:31 am »
  • www.mouffers.com
Not criticising, but kind of feedback to the submission. It looks like the guy will jump and hit Link.

If you read about the alternate Beamos...you'd know that they're perfectly capable of ramming Link....as I mentioned in both my post and my drawing.

As mentioned in my description above, "he has a really bad migraine, causing him to be LETHARGIC and EXTREMELY EASY TO STARTLE". Lethargic means that he will most likely not move from where he is sitting. If you've ever had a migraine before, you'd know that it prevents you from pretty much doing anything.
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2012, 07:55:19 am »
I do think the cyclops is a neat idea. Although I would make the skin look more like a statue/golem. I think a flesh and blood cyclops would either get dizzy or bored from rotating. But MG made the Beamos concept It probably is best if he comments.

On a pratical note, I am glad I am not a spriter for this. Because with regular beamos you make the statue pillar and then make the head in 16 angles for the rotation. However with this you need to sprite a detailed cyclops body in 16 angles, not mention a walking variation and empty chair.

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2012, 11:46:01 am »
  • www.mouffers.com
I do think the cyclops is a neat idea. Although I would make the skin look more like a statue/golem. I think a flesh and blood cyclops would either get dizzy or bored from rotating. But MG made the Beamos concept It probably is best if he comments.

On a pratical note, I am glad I am not a spriter for this. Because with regular beamos you make the statue pillar and then make the head in 16 angles for the rotation. However with this you need to sprite a detailed cyclops body in 16 angles, not mention a walking variation and empty chair.

Yeah...you have a good point there actually. Maybe instead of getting up to walk, the chair could have a mechanic to just hop. I could come up with another character sheet explaining the mechanics that go on in the chair.

For the sprite, well, yeah. Maybe I could help them by lightly sketching the 16 poses. I'm all in for helping spriters getting their work done!

Aaaaaaaaaand you're right! I had the idea of making a golem at the beginning and the skin tone, in my opinion, made him still look sort of alive. I think I'll make a version with less saturated skin to make it look more golem-y.

I will make a revision later on or after MG-Zero posts some comments. If he doesn't like the design and wants to stick with a statue, then I won't bother and just make a revision with a statue instead.
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2012, 07:25:41 pm »
  • It's just Max.
I agree with Niek that the idea of a cyclops is awesome, but that the fleshyness of the whole thing is a little awkward. He just looks so naked, sitting around in his underwear :p
I vote more rocky golem qualities too, less wrinkley and more chiseled, at least just to compare.

I like the papasan chair, though, it's hilarious :p
But if he has a migraine, why would he sit in a rotating chair? Why is there a rotating chair? So many unanswered questions! Maybe he sits still but looks around if he hears somebody?

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2012, 09:18:52 pm »
  • www.mouffers.com
I agree with Niek that the idea of a cyclops is awesome, but that the fleshyness of the whole thing is a little awkward. He just looks so naked, sitting around in his underwear :p
I vote more rocky golem qualities too, less wrinkley and more chiseled, at least just to compare.

I like the papasan chair, though, it's hilarious :p
But if he has a migraine, why would he sit in a rotating chair? Why is there a rotating chair? So many unanswered questions! Maybe he sits still but looks around if he hears somebody?

I don't know XD it was a crazy idea I had. Maybe I should just reject this submission myself and make it more conventional. I wanted to do something different and slightly more mature/dark. It would be easy to fix his skin color but changing his muscular tone altogether is going to be more work that I'm not sure I want to invest in; this is mainly because I go over my lines to make them darker where they should be and I'd have to screw around a lot. Blargh, I don't know.

>___< why did I bother.
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2012, 09:33:52 pm »
  • It's just Max.
Because it's a sweet idea! I'll try and work on it a little, too.

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2012, 09:37:00 pm »
  • www.mouffers.com
Because it's a sweet idea! I'll try and work on it a little, too.

It is? XD

The reason why he lacks so much clothing is because he's a Cyclops. Have you ever seen a rendition of a Cyclops that wasn't manly enough TO BEAR HIS MANLY CHEST TO THE WORLD? MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

No but seriously, maybe when I'm done with Tilo I'll tweak it a bit. The sprite doesn't have as much muscular detail.
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2012, 09:40:06 pm »
The reason why he lacks so much clothing is because he's a Cyclops. Have you ever seen a rendition of a Cyclops that wasn't manly enough TO BEAR HIS MANLY CHEST TO THE WORLD? MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
Yeah, I have.  :P

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2012, 10:02:54 pm »
  • www.mouffers.com
If I do retract this submission, I would greatly appreciate not taking this idea.
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2012, 10:20:12 pm »
Let's wait what MG says about it. It has merit to me.
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2013, 08:42:53 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
Ok so I'm revisiting this--

I think this idea is hysterical and actually really cool.  IF we can manage the sprites, I'm for it!  I like how in the beam blast sketches, he's kinda just like, "...meh."

i love big weenies and i cannot lie

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2013, 08:59:04 pm »
  • www.mouffers.com
Ok so I'm revisiting this--

I think this idea is hysterical and actually really cool.  IF we can manage the sprites, I'm for it!  I like how in the beam blast sketches, he's kinda just like, "...meh."

I think we could make the sprites work if he's a giant (aka rather than the Beamos spanning one tile, maybe like 4 or 9?).
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2013, 09:16:58 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
My biggest concern with the sprites is that the rotation animation will be difficult to do since it needs 8 directions

i love big weenies and i cannot lie
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 68 queries.