Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Zelda RTS: Empires of Hyrule/Hyrulean Empires.  (Read 3254 times)

Broojo02

Derp
Zelda RTS: Empires of Hyrule/Hyrulean Empires.
« on: August 05, 2009, 07:37:38 pm »
  • Faster horsey!
I was a bit bored today and I thought of how well a zelda RTS would work. I planned it out to be very similar to how the age of empires games work with different resources and villagers. There will be a few civilisations like Hylian, Deku, Moblin and Gerudo. I think I might set the storyline during the Great War where every scenario is like a mini battle.

Or I could set the storyline where you always fight against the moblins/baddies and its your job to regain control of hyrule.

Anyway the graphics would be the fresh MC ones, it would be set in a big screen say 800x600 and the three resources would be Food, Wood and Rupees. I'm thinking of maybe having trading posts like age of empires to fit in with spirit tracks trains theme.

But I want to have some zelda features to make sure its not an age of empires clone with zelda graphics.

~Resources~
There are three resources to collect in the game: Food, Wood and Rupees. They are required to create units, build buildings and upgrade things.

Food
Food is collected by tasking villagers on food bushes. There are 3 types of bush available:
Redberry:
Gives 100 food per bush.
Blueberry:
Gives 200 food per bush.
Purpleberry:
Gives 300 food per bush.

Later on you can build a windmill and task villagers on that to gain a slower but constant stream of food.

Wood
Wood is collected by having villagers chop down trees in the surrounding area. Wood collects at a slower rate than food but there are many more trees available to cut down. I might add 3 different tree types later, or 5.

Rupees
Rupees are mined at rupee mining sites scattered around hyrule. They appear as lumps of rupee sticking out of the ground. There are three different sites to mine from:
Green rupee sites:
Contains 150 rupees
Blue rupee sites:
Contains 300 rupees
Red rupee sites:
Contains 500 rupees

Later on you can build a mine to get a slower, constant stream of rupees.

~Buildings~
House

Building a house will give you space for 10 more units in the game.
Trading station

This building will allow you to get a small amount of a certain resource every time the trader passes. You can upgrade the trade route to a horse and cart and later, train.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 04:00:07 pm by Broojo02 »

Jeod

Team Dekunutz, Doubleteam
Re: Zelda RTS: Empires of Hyrule/Hyrulean Empire...
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2009, 08:23:21 pm »
Psh. Command and Conquer is where it's at, but Age of Empires could work. I'm just trying to picture Zelda using the SAGE engine.
"You should challenge your fates. When all else fails, you can still die fighting." ~Yune

Zelda GBC+ Engine for Multimedia Fusion 2
  • Doubleteam Project Page

Broojo02

Derp
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2009, 12:24:28 pm »
  • Faster horsey!
That engine is hardcore  >:D, I would only use something like Stratagus, I just need to find the right compiler.
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2009, 04:47:35 am »
  • AKA "Micah DS"
I just wanted to say that I REALLY like the idea of a Zelda RTS!

Are you really planning on making this game, or is it just an idea?
  • My Music

Broojo02

Derp
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2009, 02:26:37 pm »
  • Faster horsey!
Well until I find an engine its just an idea really, I will slowly add more graphics and stuff so that when/if I find a simple 2D engine that works I can make the game more quickly.

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2009, 08:04:42 pm »
  • .越//
i had an similar idea once... its not really that big of an idea

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

Minish Cap Beta:Firerod Icon, Majoras Mask:ChuChu, Ocarina of Time:Gossip Stone, Oracle Series:Link plays the "Herpes of Ages", Impa, Wand Maker: HUD
~GB-Zelda Style~
Ocarina of Time: Deku Caca
~Other~
Paper Mario Style Zelda&Link, Tetra Trackers HUD-Cleanups

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2009, 06:43:52 am »
I remember I made a game like this a couple of years ago. If I can find it, I'll improve it and upload it XD
But... There's some major differences. Its more story driven, it's GB style, it has 2 factions (good and evil) with 8 races each, and it's called war of Hyrule.

Anyways, I think GB graphics would be better, cause theyre smaller, so you can fit more on screen!!!!!

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2009, 09:50:25 pm »
  • AKA "Micah DS"
i had an similar idea once... its not really that big of an idea

Strange that I never thought about a Zelda RTS since I have thought up some really weird Zelda game ideas (most are not worth mentioning, trust me).. maybe I did think about it for a split second... anyway, I still think a Zelda RTS a great idea, even if it has been thought up before, I still haven't seen one made (but not because it's a bad idea mind you).

Also, I think I agree with ahmio about using GB graphics, except if ahmio already made one with GB graphics, then why have someone else make another with the same graphics?... To answer my own question: Because GB Zelda graphics are just THAT good.

Hey, this might be off topic, but, has anyone ever played Zeldarius? It's a Zelda vertical shooter. Love it, but I lost it on an old pc and could never find it again. I never thought anyone could turn Zelda into a shooter and have it work until I played that game.
  • My Music
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2009, 03:09:32 pm »
anyway, I still think a Zelda RTS a great idea, even if it has been thought up before, I still haven't seen one made (but not because it's a bad idea mind you).

Here you go..
anyways this is how I picture a Zelda RTS... :P

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2009, 09:32:50 pm »
  • AKA "Micah DS"
anyway, I still think a Zelda RTS a great idea, even if it has been thought up before, I still haven't seen one made (but not because it's a bad idea mind you).

Here you go..
anyways this is how I picture a Zelda RTS... :P

I'm guessing that's your game ahmio? The only thing I have to say about it is that it looks a tad bit too simple. What about buildings, grass patches, flowers and stuff? I'm sure it plays better than it looks though. Screens can only tell so much.

I just came to that conclusion from looking at your screen shots ahmio:
I thought again about GB graphics vs. MC graphics. GB graphics are limited in variety and animation while MC graphics have more variety and animation. Unless Broojo02 wanted to make custom GB graphics, the game would seem a little too simple with the limited sprites to choose from.
I think it's because of the bigger screen. If the game is planned to use a larger screen than that of a GB, then I suggest going with MC graphics because GB graphics don't seem to work well on a big screen IMO. It really does depend on how you design it I guess, but I still think MC graphics are the way to go. (Don't get we wrong, GB graphics are still amazing XD)

• My Music
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2009, 01:32:46 am »
  • Minalien
It's an interesting concept, to be sure. I especially like some of the artwork and the thought that has been put into the concept. If you're looking for a programmer, I'd be happy to do the programming side of the house.

Send me a message if you're interested. I won't get back to the states (currently in Afghanistan) for another two months or so, but that gives a good amount of time for initial design and concept work.
There's such a double standard about religion in the modern world. Catholics can gather, wear white robes, and say "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti" and be considered normal.

But if my friends and I gather, wear black robes, and say  "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", we're considered cultists.
  • Development Blog
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.2 seconds with 59 queries.