Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: What do we honestly want from ZFGC?  (Read 10982 times)

Kirby

Re: What do we honestly want from ZFGC?
« Reply #60 on: July 27, 2007, 12:49:55 am »
IMO it should be a free content forum-indie games included.
« Reply #61 on: July 27, 2007, 12:50:26 am »
IMO it should be a free content forum-indie games included.
With a leaning towards Free Sofware. XD

Kirby

« Reply #62 on: July 27, 2007, 12:53:01 am »
free content as in free whatever you post :P
i.e. a video games board [board as in the place where you post the topics, not the whole forum :p - the term gets misused often], a gadget board, mobile device board, a development board, server administration boards, whatever people talk about these days. free software will always find its home at repositories like sourceforge--stuff like that should stay where it belongs. but a free nerd discussion forum would be nice.
« Reply #63 on: July 27, 2007, 01:00:49 am »
  • SHOOP DA WOOP
Better idea! Let's just remove "General Discussion" and watch most of the members disappear! :D

Kirby

« Reply #64 on: July 27, 2007, 01:02:10 am »
Better idea! Let's just remove "General Discussion" and watch most of the members disappear! :D
Was that intended as sarcasm to my reply? I'm not saying remove general discussion, i'm just saying pull the plug on Zelda Fan Games :P Make the whole forum general discussion!
« Reply #65 on: July 27, 2007, 01:03:08 am »
  • SHOOP DA WOOP
I'm not saying remove general discussion
I am! :D
« Reply #66 on: July 27, 2007, 01:03:30 am »
I think focusing on indie/general game development would be better. Things are just getting too stale right now.. I've had this opinion/thought since I took ZFGC over last sept. :p

Yet here we are!

*shrugs*
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Kirby, metallica48423, Max, Vash, walnut100
« Reply #67 on: July 27, 2007, 04:05:07 am »
I'd like to suggest two things:

1-We could make a second community project (an indie one), and change ZFGC's name to "[Name of the project] Central" or "[Name of the project] Forums". Doesn't matter if 40% of the projects or something like that are zelda fangames.

2-(This may be sort of pointless, but anyway...) Split ZFGC in two different sites: "General Discussion" and "Projects and Resources". Just because there are too many people who don't read the Projects and Resources topics.
« Reply #68 on: July 27, 2007, 04:22:48 am »
i.e. a video games board [board as in the place where you post the topics, not the whole forum :p - the term gets misused often], a gadget board, mobile device board, a development board, server administration boards, whatever people talk about these days. free software will always find its home at repositories like sourceforge--stuff like that should stay where it belongs. but a free nerd discussion forum would be nice.
I meant Free Software indie games/nerd discussion.
I think focusing on indie/general game development would be better. Things are just getting too stale right now.. I've had this opinion/thought since I took ZFGC over last sept. :p

Yet here we are!

*shrugs*
I agree.
« Reply #69 on: July 27, 2007, 07:48:36 pm »
I don't think making any of these sorts of changes would be worth it.  Seems like an attempt at a "quick fix" to me, we're still going to be the same on the inside.
« Reply #70 on: July 27, 2007, 10:38:43 pm »
I meant Free Software indie games/nerd discussion.

Yet here we are!

*shrugs*
I agree.
Agree,
But really, we don't want anything from ZFGC, we should think more what ZFGC has given us and how to improve it =).

Kirby

« Reply #71 on: August 04, 2007, 04:06:03 am »
What needs to be fixed besides the lack of interest in Zelda fan games outside of this community? It would be cool if ZFGC grew and picked up more active members :P
Its not really a quick fix, its an opportunity. An opportunity to make ZFGC appeal to a bigger audience.
« Reply #72 on: August 04, 2007, 05:25:22 pm »
  • Issac_Amisov
I don't even like zelda... I don't even own a zelda game. I've never even played one. Why the hell did I come here >_<

FOR THE COMMUNITY.
« Reply #73 on: August 04, 2007, 05:40:30 pm »
I don't even like zelda... I don't even own a zelda game. I've never even played one. Why the hell did I come here >_<

FOR THE COMMUNITY.
You've never played a Zelda game? o_O ... I wonder why you registered here.

I discovered this site because of OoT2D, but I only registered because there were other programmers here (ZFGC was the first forum I joined, lol). But I only remained here because of the community, too, otherwise I'd have quit and joined an "FGC" or whatever.
« Reply #74 on: August 04, 2007, 11:15:57 pm »
  • Issac_Amisov
Well, I lied. I played Oracle of Seasons a couple of times and I sucked.
« Reply #75 on: August 31, 2007, 10:58:34 am »
  • And if they dont dance, they're no friend of mine
I know this is a bit of a longshot (no OoT reference intended), but maybe do a half-join with another zelda website?
There are loads of Zelda websites, Zeld aWorld, Zelda Universe, Legends and Adventures... Im sure lots of the people who post fan art and fan fic on there would be intreseted in ZFGC and it might inspire some people to try and make their own games.
I used to just visit Legends and Adventures and read the Fan Fic, then I haerd about OoT2d somewhere, and by then had fallen in love with the world of Hyrule.

But seeing as they're seperate websites I see how this could be impossible.

Art by Kyuumu, banner by me
Screw this, im off to Hogwarts...
« Reply #76 on: August 31, 2007, 04:48:15 pm »
I know this is a bit of a longshot (no OoT reference intended), but maybe do a half-join with another zelda website?
There are loads of Zelda websites, Zeld aWorld, Zelda Universe, Legends and Adventures... Im sure lots of the people who post fan art and fan fic on there would be intreseted in ZFGC and it might inspire some people to try and make their own games.
I used to just visit Legends and Adventures and read the Fan Fic, then I haerd about OoT2d somewhere, and by then had fallen in love with the world of Hyrule.

But seeing as they're seperate websites I see how this could be impossible.

Pre-me taking over, I suggested doing this with my zelda website 'tloza'. Kirby liked the idea, no one else did.
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Kirby, metallica48423, Max, Vash, walnut100
« Reply #77 on: September 01, 2007, 01:21:50 pm »
  • And if they dont dance, they're no friend of mine
well we dont have to merge completley.
Just maybe let the website post some of the finished games (wit hthe makers permission) and let them advertise here?

Art by Kyuumu, banner by me
Screw this, im off to Hogwarts...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.306 seconds with 71 queries.

anything