Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: What do we honestly want from ZFGC?  (Read 10667 times)

Re: What do we honestly want from ZFGC?
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2007, 10:33:50 pm »
One of the things that is happening right now and I think more of this projects should be made is the zfgc sprite project or whatever is call, it brings all the community together and the "main" theme of the site,Zelda.
We should have a fan game project as well,etc.
More organized sprite competitions,fan game competitions, and so on.
I would love to participate but most of the times people just drop out or forget about them and it really brings you down to think that people are not here for zelda but more for a hang-out.
Also, don't get me wrong I'm not saying you guys are doing a bad job.
But as long as the community still alive everything is good right?...o_0
This is an english website, please speak it.
l0l wut? o_0

uma

« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2007, 05:50:23 pm »
  • Ghosts can have Aliens too you know.
I think we could attract more members if we had better fangames, or better projects in general. For some reason every Zelda fangame here has almost always stuck to the generic Zelda formula; *Evil entity* wants to take over *land game takes place in* by using *incredibley powerful mysterious artifact*. In order to stop him, Link must go through the first 3 dungeons and collect *elemtal collectables* then another 5 to get the *peices of thing that is more/as powerful as the incredibley powerful and mysterious artifact*.

Though Kingmob's fangame doesn't stick exactly to that mold, it still isn't the most original fangame it could be. Throw in some talking dinosaurs in place of ganon, then we might be able to talk. I don't even come here for the fangames anymore; I just like being here. Zfgc has some pretty cool people on it and its just fun to well... post here. Its probably the best forum I've ever been on, honestly.

I have been working on my game(Not a fangame of any kind) and I think its what the community of Zfgc really needs, something that this, maybe even any other forum has never seen before. I can't say anything, but it'll be different. I think if we have more different games, it will encourage others to do the same; Think outside of the box.
Ghosts of Aliens
Entire project progress: About 20%

My FurAffinity!
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/umathefurry/
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2007, 08:42:57 pm »
First of all, how the hell am I meant to chat up a message board? Apart from that, sure, we should get more game makers. I'll advertise.
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2007, 08:46:48 pm »
  • Issac_Amisov
First of all, how the hell am I meant to chat up a message board? Apart from that, sure, we should get more game makers. I'll advertise.
I'll advertise on some forums I go on as well.
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2007, 10:01:18 pm »
  • up until now
I'll advertize as much as I can. 
I agree with Uma. People should get away from the formula, it's overused.

~Piks
<  =
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2007, 11:31:56 pm »
I think we could attract more members if we had better fangames, or better projects in general. For some reason every Zelda fangame here has almost always stuck to the generic Zelda formula; *Evil entity* wants to take over *land game takes place in* by using *incredibley powerful mysterious artifact*. In order to stop him, Link must go through the first 3 dungeons and collect *elemtal collectables* then another 5 to get the *peices of thing that is more/as powerful as the incredibley powerful and mysterious artifact*.

Though Kingmob's fangame doesn't stick exactly to that mold, it still isn't the most original fangame it could be. Throw in some talking dinosaurs in place of ganon, then we might be able to talk. I don't even come here for the fangames anymore; I just like being here. Zfgc has some pretty cool people on it and its just fun to well... post here. Its probably the best forum I've ever been on, honestly.

I have been working on my game(Not a fangame of any kind) and I think its what the community of Zfgc really needs, something that this, maybe even any other forum has never seen before. I can't say anything, but it'll be different. I think if we have more different games, it will encourage others to do the same; Think outside of the box.

You could check out my completed Zelda fan game, Hall of the Dead.

It's more of a Mario plot than it is a Zelda one...even has a Mario 64 type star system for progressing.

/plug

But yeah..maybe just more advertising. (Didn't read the whole topic)
The Legend of Zelda: Hall of the Dead
Complete and free Zelda fan game
http://dayjo.org/uncannyvisions/hotd.html
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2007, 11:40:57 pm »
  • Issac_Amisov
What im wondering is how we could market zfgc... what are the pros of coming to zfgc and becoming an active member?

uma

« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2007, 02:32:32 am »
You could check out my completed Zelda fan game, Hall of the Dead.

It's more of a Mario plot than it is a Zelda one...even has a Mario 64 type star system for progressing.

/plug

But yeah..maybe just more advertising. (Didn't read the whole topic)

Hmm... any talking dinosaurs? How about gunshot weilding llama samurais? Oh no, wait is Link a Gunshot weilding samurai? Or at least a Llama? Like in the Emperors New Groove when the main dude turned into a llama except he had no samurainess. You should totally put samurai llamas in there. Better yet, Samurai Pizza Llamas! They could be enemies, people who help Link or the npcs that teach Link how to fight. And they could have robot type armor and have names based off of popular types of cheese. *If anyone can guess my reference, cookies to you*

Edit: Just checked it out. Based on the screen shots, I think I can assume there are no llamas of any type in there what so ever. Shame, shame, shame!
« Last Edit: July 15, 2007, 02:34:41 am by uma »
Ghosts of Aliens

My FurAffinity!
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2007, 01:36:01 pm »
I totally agree with you FISSURE,

Since OoT2D is .. (who knows?) ZFGC kind of lost his title.
I think there are too less good Zelda fan games made, the half of all topics are all gone into the graveyard. For example: Hyrule_boy's OoTGB stopped, Tompel's CoG is on hold, bla bla bla. There are only 1 "completed" Zelda fan games (impfletcher lol). Like FISSURE said, if we go to a site and tell them about ZFGC. We aren't able to talk about our "Fan games", we actually got "Mini-Games made by fans".

I still think the best choice for making the place "ZFGC" more populair, by choosing our best programmers, spriters, writers, mappers etc. To work on 1 big project like OoT2D which gave us a good name in the past (like ZFGC's project what we got now (I don't think there is process in it)). And make one big "(Zelda) FAN game" since nobody completed a fangame (except impfletcher lol again), we still got great talented game creators here :)
« Last Edit: July 15, 2007, 01:37:47 pm by TheRealDragonboy »
  • Virtual Security
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2007, 05:05:44 pm »
  • Issac_Amisov
AoDC's fangame attracted some people. I think when he gets a really good demo up thats something we can market...

People like the game and the project lol... he has like 200+ pages.

uma

« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2007, 05:47:35 pm »
NO! No no no no! No! We can NOT have our best programmers, spriters, writers and other best people working on a fangame! Why make a fangame with all that talent when you could make an original game? An original game opens many more doors to stuff like a different story, better characters, better "levels" and just better everything.

I know its called Zfgc, but we can't have our best people working on a fangame. We need an original game that will set Zfgc apart and maybe encourage others to make something different to.
Ghosts of Aliens

My FurAffinity!
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2007, 05:48:23 pm »
  • Issac_Amisov
What im wondering is how we could market zfgc... what are the pros of coming to zfgc and becoming an active member?
No one has answered my question. I'm still not sure what to advertise with.

uma

« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2007, 06:05:22 pm »
No one has answered my question. I'm still not sure what to advertise with.

Well... Theres a lot of cool people here. Its just fun here I guess.
Ghosts of Aliens

My FurAffinity!
« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2007, 06:07:40 pm »
  • Issac_Amisov
"Its a really fun place to post at, and theres really cool people"

lol... I need something zelda related to advertise with. We can't really advertise OoT2D... so, could we advertise OoL?

uma

« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2007, 07:11:45 pm »
I could make my game a Zfgc exclusive... but now no one cares because its secret.[/Hype]

Maybe if we had more original games we could attract more people like I've been saying the past 2 posts.
Ghosts of Aliens

My FurAffinity!
« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2007, 11:09:30 pm »
  • puck you
We can't really advertise OoL, it's going to be a (dead) finished project to AoDC.

He said he'll be releasing the codes so people can do whatever they want with them.

*I'm happy to do artworks for potential games in this forum after I finish school, as long as it has depth and quality  8)
Maybe pretty artworks with awesome games (created by the likes of you guys on ZFGC) can attract more fans and game developers to ZFGC. =/

But what I honestly want from ZFGC is more ongoing games/fangames- and events like Character Competition.
It's good to see an active, lively forum with people dedicated to their work =/
« Last Edit: July 15, 2007, 11:11:32 pm by Alchemist »
:D
My good sir, in the immortal words of the late Mr. Wrong: STFU.
« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2007, 06:23:12 pm »
People think so many bad things about fan games "oh you have limits". Yeah, but that doesnt limit your creativity. if you have limits, that only means you have to use your brain to figure out how the hell point a reaches point b and still makes sense. original games are good too, but that doesnt mean they're not better then fan games. just the programming experience from making a fan game makes it all worth it.
[...The mystery of wireless, revealed...]

[...Ninjas...]
« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2007, 05:41:41 am »
  • Protecting Hyrule from the forces of Darkness!
People think so many bad things about fan games "oh you have limits". Yeah, but that doesnt limit your creativity. if you have limits, that only means you have to use your brain to figure out how the hell point a reaches point b and still makes sense. original games are good too, but that doesnt mean they're not better then fan games. just the programming experience from making a fan game makes it all worth it.
I agree, fan games are only as limited as their creator. My Super Mario World 3 Game will prove that theory!
Wait for demp 0.1.1 and see!
My screenname is pronounced:
Zen-ta-wo-cot-ious the L is silent.
Visit Parnell Games
Quote from: MaJoRa
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.
Quote from: Zentawolcotious
Live today as if its your last.
« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2007, 12:54:26 pm »
  • hehe
if your going to advertise why not just put fan games on some zelda sites. a few I know have a fan game section with about 3 games. in one case 2 of them are abandoned demos.
« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2007, 04:48:14 am »
I know that advertising is a good thing, but honestly, if we don't have !@#$% to show and we aren't even close to the best we can be, then is it even worth it?  And all of you are thinking too grandly or too extravagantly, in my opinion.  Here are some things that we should do that are easy and targeted so that they are more effective, practical, and smart:

- For custom sprites that are "show worthy", we should make a ZFGC tagging system that advertises and links back to here in the images themselves.  For example, I see on Spriter's Resource several sprites that are from users here, but almost all of them have no reference to here.  To bring in members and spriters, add my proposed tags. 

- Put an image in your signature on other places you go to that is a clickable image link to here.  Not only is it easy to do, but it is also helpful and reaches a bigger audience.

- cuff's idea (didn't see if it belonged to others) is also fine.  It targets fans of Zelda and advertises good games.  However, it should most likely be left to the people making the games to do it.

- Finally, if you do advertise somewhere, don't break the rules to do it.  Doing so only makes us look bad because of your association to us.

Also, any ideas beyond advertising.  If you posted one and I didn't see it, post in again anyway.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 107 queries.

anything