Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Why doesnt anyone just start a OoT 2d or MM2d and finish them???  (Read 16638 times)

Why doesnt anyone just start a OoT 2d or MM2d an...
« on: April 03, 2006, 11:23:49 pm »
  • Look its link with the Goron Mask xD
Honestley, I seriously hope someone makes a good MM remake in 2d with LTTP graphics and finishes it!!!!!!!!!  And if there are any finished plz send me a link to them! ;D

Pyro

Re: Why doesnt anyone just start a OoT 2d or MM2...
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2006, 11:25:04 pm »
well if they ever are finished, they would be posted here :P, and I remember TRM was making a MM game >_> Not sure about the progress of that, and I remember when I lurked around the SMF ZFGC (Before this one and ZFGC-X) Zac was making MM in GB style, looked really awsome to..to bad he stopped it :(

Edit: And why dont they finish it?, well because making a remake is harder than you think, you have to make codes, graphics, etc. Its a long and hard process..

Fan

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2006, 11:29:07 pm »
I hate to say it but you would have better luck trying to make your own MM 2d rather then waiting for one. :/  *mourns for MM GB*
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2006, 11:34:23 pm »
  • The Broken King
Because people try to do it by themselves. There's currently an open source oot2d that I'm hoping will make it, seeing as it doesnt' rely on one person.
  • Broken Kings [Temp Site]

Link94

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2006, 12:10:46 am »
Yeah MM 2d would rock but my only choices are to ether try to learn GM 6.1 or to wait.
SO I guess i'll wait. WW 2d would be neat too! :D
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2006, 12:18:57 am »
Because life sucks.

thenoblesheep

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2006, 12:19:09 am »
 Community projects do tend to bear higher completion rates, as long as the community doesn't immitate the metroid prime 2d community. The mp2d project was "founded" by Andrew Mills(I believe), who crowned a few random people moderators and expected the community to create the game themselves. The mp2d project's progress has been horrendous, it was started in 2003 and they have only established an incomplete engine and done the first 5 rooms of the Space Frigate(first section of game). However, the OOT 2d community project here has demonstrated astonishing progress, and if not completed I believe they will at least surpass every other OOT2d fan game.

The conversions themselves usually aren't completed because of several reasons...
1.The game is attempted by one person, who can't possibly complete such an immense project.(Doesn't always apply)
2.The staff of the game, whether one person or a group, is too inexperienced and don't acknowledge the enormity and potential hardships of their undertaking.
3.Loss of interest, usually because of a programming impediment is encountered.

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2006, 07:34:15 am »
 The conversions themselves usually aren't completed because of several reasons...
1.The game is attempted by one person, who can't possibly complete such an immense project.(Doesn't always apply)
2.The staff of the game, whether one person or a group, is too inexperienced and don't acknowledge the enormity and potential hardships of their undertaking.
3.Loss of interest, usually because of a programming impediment is encountered.[/quote]

Yeah, thats about it. I work alone, because doing it with others usually slows me down because of time zones, but doing it with more people who are all very motivated might help you.

A good panning should help, But I never stick to them so I dont make them  ;D

Hey. Some fangames came pretty close to completion. But I have never heard from them. The games from ConfusedGames maybe....? I thought they were pretty far in production.

I'd still like to see PotS or whatever its new name was again - finished. That game looked better than ALTTP.
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2006, 08:03:56 am »
Most people don't know what they started and there comes the point. For example all those stupids who started a OOT in 2d and quited in a week or less. Its !@#$% annoying to see people like that because many of these people caused. That almost no-one believes that someone who makes OOT in 2D finish it.

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2006, 08:10:56 am »
  • Silly cat!
Because people come to realise they have a life.

Hoffy.
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2006, 09:34:43 am »
Thats !@#$% so actually you tell us that we don't have a life.
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2006, 09:46:48 am »
Thats !@#$% so actually you tell us that we don't have a life.

Now now, lets be nice  ;D

Well, people should not post their fangames when theyve got jack to show. Like, I never show my fangames...doesnt mean im not working on them. Perhaps making topics increases motivation. But Id like to surprise people  :D

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2006, 10:10:54 am »
  • .越//
 ;D yeah kleaver.... thats too why i didnt show hyrule chronicles.... when i show screenshots it will be asskicking

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

Minish Cap Beta:Firerod Icon, Majoras Mask:ChuChu, Ocarina of Time:Gossip Stone, Oracle Series:Link plays the "Herpes of Ages", Impa, Wand Maker: HUD
~GB-Zelda Style~
Ocarina of Time: Deku Caca
~Other~
Paper Mario Style Zelda&Link, Tetra Trackers HUD-Cleanups

Dampe

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2006, 10:21:29 am »
Because people come to realise they have a life.

Haha, Your a Hypocryte, you spend time spriting things from Oot.
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2006, 10:25:40 am »
Well, the open source project is advancing pretty quickly indeed. The only problem is, as you already mentioned, the time zones. Most people are online, when it's about 10 hours PM here, so that causes some slowdown. Another problem is the point that we need to send/upload the files all the time to make sure everyone has the most recent version. That all works pretty well at the moment, although we had some problems with the usual hosts (megaworm, ... ) but it's fixed now thanks to Hyrule_boy who helps uploading the files. Cazallx is currently sending me the next version, and we can continue working. About the planning Kleaver talked about, it is possible, but the final version of the file, will very likely be diffirent then what we planned. The Community Project currently is at V0.0.5 and I already know (approximatelly) what will be included in V 0.0.8 :P . I really hope someone can ever finish the project. Aslong as no one loses intrest in this project, everything is just fine. People here have enough knowledge, there are some great spriters around here and all sounds/backgroundmusic can be found i??on the internet.

IrishMetal

« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2006, 10:27:40 am »
Adding to all of the preceding comments, I think a major factor that plays a role in this is intrigue.  "Making" a remake is quite different than playing one, after a while I think people lose interest.

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2006, 10:42:05 am »
  • .越//
this diskussion is good and such.... but shouldnt this be in offtopic or entertainment or something?

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

Minish Cap Beta:Firerod Icon, Majoras Mask:ChuChu, Ocarina of Time:Gossip Stone, Oracle Series:Link plays the "Herpes of Ages", Impa, Wand Maker: HUD
~GB-Zelda Style~
Ocarina of Time: Deku Caca
~Other~
Paper Mario Style Zelda&Link, Tetra Trackers HUD-Cleanups

aab

^ Evolved from a Hobbit
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2006, 11:41:28 am »
Well..Its about  Zelda Work-in-Progress....
Makes sense, even thoughits not the normal topic.

The open community project right now is advancing...Its kind of daunting to be updating the files the way that is required for the open project.
For a remake of something as large as OOT, community effort is needed, mostly not in the programming, but in the sprites and especially (super esp,..) in making the maps. So its worth whatever complications come by, and who knows, it may reach the end.

I'd rather play a unique game with someones own storyline though, And have the style and music familiar. A 2d zelda coversion's like the triforce around here, and one day someone will find it...Who knows..will they be evil or pure of heart?...what will they wish for? </sorry i was reading the lttp instruction booklet last night>

I ♥ Sol
.... I ♥ Sol ? wtf how long has that been there? >_> *rrrrrrrrar*
  • MySpace
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2006, 03:09:09 pm »
  • :D
Hey, I plan on finishing Oot Gb!  :D
  • Knighty Games
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2006, 03:50:15 pm »
Planning to finish a game isn't an option. We've thousend of people who plans to finish a game. Everybody plans to finish their games.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 75 queries.

anything