Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Why doesnt anyone just start a OoT 2d or MM2d and finish them???  (Read 16965 times)

Re: Why doesnt anyone just start a OoT 2d or MM2...
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2006, 04:05:48 pm »
  • You don't know me.
The reason people never finish these games is, get this, there isn't a magical fairy machine that creates the game for you. You need to sprite new things, plan how it will work in 2D, code the thing, get the sounds, do marketing research, see if there is demand in your product, make commercials, advertise...

You get the idea.  ;)

No one located in this area of the internet remembers me.
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2006, 04:08:21 pm »
  • odens knop
Why don't people just make a LTTP 2D?
|LEUS HERTAN MINAT|
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2006, 04:11:27 pm »
lol because alttp is already 2D XD
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2006, 04:34:42 pm »
  • Credits to BaB
Community projects do tend to bear higher completion rates, as long as the community doesn't immitate the metroid prime 2d community. The mp2d project was "founded" by Andrew Mills(I believe), who crowned a few random people moderators and expected the community to create the game themselves. The mp2d project's progress has been horrendous, it was started in 2003 and they have only established an incomplete engine and done the first 5 rooms of the Space Frigate(first section of game). However, the OOT 2d community project here has demonstrated astonishing progress, and if not completed I believe they will at least surpass every other OOT2d fan game.

When you're not 100% sure about a thing, please don't post... Seriously, I have been following actively the MP2D project since October 2004. Firstly, the project wasn't founded by Andrew Mills, if you had taken the time to check The official website, you would have seen that he wasn't the founder, Kellan Stover was. He didn't crown a few random people moderators and expected to create game themselves, that's complete bull...

Andrew Mills is the founder of SCU, one of the largest Metroid websites out there. He even produces unique fan-made objects, such as a DVDs and CDs with inedited stuff. The SCU community is ver VERY large, with 2828 registered members as I post this. Now you're stating that they have only completed the 5 first rooms of the Frigate? That's complete bull too, if you check their Forums and see the "Sprites and Backgrounds" topic, you would see that it has 300+ pages full of sprites and tiles and bgs. Have you ever seen the size of the Samus spritesheet? It was made by ONE spriter, and it's about the 5th time he redid it, completely from scratch, you can imagine the amount of work he had...

Now I do agree with you on 1 and single point, they weren't organized. For the most time, the spriters would sprite anything, not concentrating on the Frigate, but on the whole game itself. Today, this has changed, and the game is progressing in a much faster rate, although they could use some spriters and bgs, as most of the team has left for a reason that would take too long to explain right now.

Finally, it seems that you gave the demo a try, well tell me, did you find any bug inside? How's the transition from 3d to 2d? Near perfection? The project aims for quality, and unlike oot2d, it has always shown progress, and never went black.

Next time you post, please do some background research!

On topic : Noone ever finishes a remake, because, as it has been said, it's too much work for only one person, I prone community and open-source projects, that's why I've been so active with Jelleye. Also while you are creating the remake, a lot of hype and things are said around the project, which tend to discourage the maker... Plus, everyone keeps asking for PROOF that the game is being made, and that can really !@#$% off the programmer, if he feels it's not the right time to post a demo, then it's not. You can !@#$% someone off until he abandons. It's like asking to be a mod, the more you ask, the less chance you have of being a mod.

This must be the longest post I've ever made in a forum!
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2006, 06:06:37 pm »
Some people like erm... me are people who finish a Zelda fan game.  :D

xxbloodlustxx

« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2006, 06:22:47 pm »
For the most part, and this is with more than just OoT2D or MM2D games, is that people lose interest, or that it gets more complicated than they had anticipated to do. Especially if it's only one person trying to make the game. There is a whole list of things that need to be done, like someone who all ready posted stated.

Besides, while I LOVE OoT, and I think an OoT2D would be awsome, would it REALLY be the greatest thing in the world? I mean, I'm sure all of you have played the original a million times, I know I have. Wouldn't you rather see something that's fresh and new? Don't get me wrong, I'm not discouraging anyone who wants to make an OoT2D game, or even saying that I don't want someone to make one, but I think that an original fan-game that kicks @$$ is something to get more excited about than a remake of a game.

But that's just me.

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2006, 06:23:49 pm »
  • .越//
lol because alttp is already 2D XD

i think he means a lttp with new graphics

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

Minish Cap Beta:Firerod Icon, Majoras Mask:ChuChu, Ocarina of Time:Gossip Stone, Oracle Series:Link plays the "Herpes of Ages", Impa, Wand Maker: HUD
~GB-Zelda Style~
Ocarina of Time: Deku Caca
~Other~
Paper Mario Style Zelda&Link, Tetra Trackers HUD-Cleanups

« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2006, 06:25:20 pm »
I have got to admit i never finished a game i made, why? Simply because i lack the resources (sprites, sounds ect) and lack the ability to make them myself. Or because i lack effort and time, i think many people here do not continue for the same, if not similar reasons.
  • Elliott Parkinson

OcarinaBoy

« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2006, 06:44:20 pm »
Planning to finish a game isn't an option. We've thousend of people who plans to finish a game. Everybody plans to finish their games.

it's no problem to finish a game it's just that you must have time for it ;)

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2006, 06:57:24 pm »
  • .越//
yeah... i didnt have a programmer... this is now the fifth programmer i have.... >_>

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

Minish Cap Beta:Firerod Icon, Majoras Mask:ChuChu, Ocarina of Time:Gossip Stone, Oracle Series:Link plays the "Herpes of Ages", Impa, Wand Maker: HUD
~GB-Zelda Style~
Ocarina of Time: Deku Caca
~Other~
Paper Mario Style Zelda&Link, Tetra Trackers HUD-Cleanups

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2006, 09:30:05 pm »
  • Silly cat!
Thats !@#$% so actually you tell us that we don't have a life.
Hey, hey, hold it right there.

I didn't mean it like that, I simply meant working on a whole huge project like OoT2D or MM2D can be very time consuming, I've seen lots of people get tired of working on something they're not going to get anything out of. People just realise that they're sort of wasting their life working on a game all the time.

I'm not trying to be hypocritical. I make sprites for Oracle of Life, yeah, but I also try to even out other things I do in my life. I value my social life, and everything else I do. Working on a game all the time just sort of made me and makes others realize they're just wasting their time. Of course, if it's what they like to do I won't hold it against them.

I'm not saying Game Makers don't have a life, I'm simply pointing out that some game makers (a lot for that matter) give up on games because they want to to enjoy the other things in life, that's all :). Please don't take what I said so seriously. You're still cool Hyrule_boy, I wasn't trying to offend you ;).
« Last Edit: April 04, 2006, 09:36:48 pm by Hero of Fire »

Hoffy.

2awesome4apossum

« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2006, 09:34:59 pm »
We're called "nerds" for a reason.  And the reason is that we waste our time doing stupid stuff, like posting on forums :)

And could I request a swear filter for the "female dog", "poop" and "f" words?

i.of.the.storm

« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2006, 03:41:08 am »
Another problem that I predict, but hasn't been proven yet since no one got to that stage, is that once a project gets far enough along that it looks like it will finish, I'm sure Nintendo will come along and put a halt to it. Because at the end of the day, no matter how much of a sign of devotion it is, it's still copyright infringement. When googling for free games I've found a lot of open source knockoffs that had to rename and restart with original stuff because of that.

WIP

« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2006, 07:00:59 am »
I feel it's as though people realize that the project just isn't worth it. There is no real reason to completely remove an integral part of a game's gameplay (that is, the third dimension).

There are FAR more interesting projects out there that aren't remakes or conversions. Anticipate those instead.
« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2006, 07:04:21 am »
I would love to see Nintendo try to knock-down TLOZ-GB XD

@Hero of Fire: Its ok I still love you  :-*  :P  8)  ;D

WIP

« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2006, 07:05:35 am »
I would love to see Nintendo try to knock-down TLOZ-GB XD
You mean with a lawsuit? ;)
« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2006, 07:09:33 am »
Yeah since I live in Hyrule its hard to find me and if Nintendo try's to knock a project down. Sound to me as a BIG compliment.

aab

^ Evolved from a Hobbit
« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2006, 10:57:02 am »
I feel it's as though people realize that the project just isn't worth it. There is no real reason to completely remove an integral part of a game's gameplay (that is, the third dimension).

There are FAR more interesting projects out there that aren't remakes or conversions. Anticipate those instead.
The point to me is to totally convert the environments and actions to suit 2d.
I agree though, thetre are more interesing projects ... ones that'll probably take less time too.

I ♥ Sol
.... I ♥ Sol ? wtf how long has that been there? >_> *rrrrrrrrar*
  • MySpace

PoeFacedKilla

Prussian Killer Bee
« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2006, 04:30:55 pm »
And some people do finish their games.  TRM is almost finished with the original OOT2D, he is on Ganons Tower now, so who is to say that in a couple of months that there won't be an OOT2D out,  you jujst have to be patient.  It takes awhile.
the Indyboard - User Generated Social Forum | Now With Even More Discussion!
Poe, The Independent Programmer
  • Zelda Shrine

WIP

« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2006, 06:40:23 pm »
And some people do finish their games.  TRM is almost finished with the original OOT2D, he is on Ganons Tower now, so who is to say that in a couple of months that there won't be an OOT2D out,  you jujst have to be patient.  It takes awhile.
1) No way he can be finished with the original, since he gave up that GM version a long time ago.
2) I was under the impression TRM has since moved onto another project. I've seen screenshots of it somewhat recently.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.075 seconds with 75 queries.

anything