Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 39   Go Down

Author Topic: [SCREENS]Ocarina Of Time 2D FSA  (Read 224215 times)

Re: [WIP]Ocarina Of Time 2D
« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2008, 10:30:53 pm »
middle one

BTW, language?
.. explain yourself? I didn't understood that question.. I prefer the middle one due to not being extremely dark nor extremely light.

Heh, he inserted his opinion about the lightness by quoting you. Kinda lazy but it works. lol
  • Pyxosoft

Xiphirx

wat
« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2008, 10:56:01 pm »
  • Xiphirx
middle one

BTW, language?

Initially English, however all the strings are in an external file, so technically they could be translated to other languages. Looks like the majority of people like the middle one.

I meant programming language sorry, but that is good to know anyway :).

middle one

BTW, language?
.. explain yourself? I didn't understood that question.. I prefer the middle one due to not being extremely dark nor extremely light.

Heh, he inserted his opinion about the lightness by quoting you. Kinda lazy but it works. lol

^ yea.
  • For The Swarm
« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2008, 11:08:08 pm »
I meant programming language sorry, but that is good to know anyway Smiley.

Oh, :P the first post states this as a GM 7 project. Soooo no language. XD
  • Pyxosoft
« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2008, 12:54:07 am »
I'd definitely go with the third one, but you also need to lighten up link, he's the same darkness in all three pics

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2008, 01:19:35 am »
  • The Mike
Second or Third. I'd say the third one.

• Zelda Eternity
« Reply #45 on: September 09, 2008, 01:23:42 am »
but you also need to lighten up link, he's the same darkness in all three pics

Trust me, that will be changed. ;) The images are actually saved in their original GBA color values. I use GMs image editor to decrease the values so I could play around without effecting the originals. So, I wasn't concerned about the sprites, as much as the background value when I tested.

Well, with the feedback that I got from the sites I posted this thing on, it looks like option 2 will be the value used. (value - 10) Which is good that was decided now. Thank you everyone who participated!
  • Pyxosoft

DeathTailsz

Wanderer
« Reply #46 on: September 09, 2008, 10:58:53 pm »
  • Angelic Hymn
Man... it's xfixium ;)

You already know my opinion about this project dude, you're doing awesome. Keep it up!
Does it matter?  My opinion, wouldn't change, even if it was TRM.

"More like Stupei Ace Defective!" - Yukari - Persona 3
  • StarFox 2D

Xiphirx

wat
« Reply #47 on: September 09, 2008, 11:02:34 pm »
  • Xiphirx
Man... it's xfixium ;)

You already know my opinion about this project dude, you're doing awesome. Keep it up!
Oh ok.  My opinion wouldn't change, even if it was TRM.

FIX'd
  • For The Swarm
« Reply #48 on: September 09, 2008, 11:10:51 pm »
  • Don't Worry Sir, I'm From The Internet.
I'd definitely go with the third one, but you also need to lighten up link, he's the same darkness in all three pics
Agree, I would lighten up all of the objects in the room.
Grimace is the demiurge, the creator. From him all things in McDonaldland have sprung. He is not a sin, he's not a menu item, he's just Grimace. He exists. He rolls his lidless eyes and flaps his lipless mouth, formless and terrible, a protean idiot thing from the depths of pre-history.
« Reply #49 on: September 09, 2008, 11:34:42 pm »
I have already said that the tests where for the actual environment, not the objects in the room. It's pretty obvious that I would change the values of the objects to match the voted background change. ::)
  • Pyxosoft
« Reply #50 on: September 10, 2008, 01:59:59 am »
Man... it's xfixium ;)

You think Dampe was doing a good job, so no one cares what you think.
« Reply #51 on: September 13, 2008, 05:20:17 pm »
Well, I figured I'd update to let you people in on what's going down. What I've been doing for the last 2 or 3 days is writing a GM project reader | writer for different versions of GM. Specifically 5.3 on up. Now, I have done this for GMare before, but I never added support for anything but GM 6. So, it's alot more work, and thus is the reason it's taking so long. As of right now the program can read the supported GM project file versions. However, the last thing I need to tackle is GM 7 project file's obfuscation, which is gonna be a pain in the ass, and really what I was setting out to do in the first place.

On the upside. I've decided to just keep Ocarina Room Editor just the way it is, and convert tile ids to rectangle data like GM likes, on export. The best thing about this approach is that nothing needs to change in .oref files. I got rid of the tile binary export function, but I don't know if that was a good idea. Maybe people will still want to use it.
  • Pyxosoft
« Reply #52 on: September 13, 2008, 05:47:56 pm »
  • Don't Worry Sir, I'm From The Internet.
Man... it's xfixium ;)

You think Dampe was doing a good job, so no one cares what you think.
That's pretty rude.

Glad to see that there is a lot of effort put into this already.

I have already said that the tests where for the actual environment, not the objects in the room. It's pretty obvious that I would change the values of the objects to match the voted background change. ::)
Oh yeah...this is why you are the one making a game and not me.
Grimace is the demiurge, the creator. From him all things in McDonaldland have sprung. He is not a sin, he's not a menu item, he's just Grimace. He exists. He rolls his lidless eyes and flaps his lipless mouth, formless and terrible, a protean idiot thing from the depths of pre-history.
« Reply #53 on: October 07, 2008, 03:48:52 pm »
your hyrule field looks really nice, when can we expect a demo? i have a nice Deku tree you can use if you want it. just pm me and i will send it to you but i must be given credit, i also have some other sprites too so just ask
« Reply #54 on: October 08, 2008, 01:19:23 am »
Can't really say when a demo is coming. Currently I'm finishing a newer version of Ocarina Room Editor. Where you can just export rooms directly to Game Maker projects. Just been pre-occupied. (Curse you Rock Band) Lately I've been thinking of taking a different direction with everything visually. Thanks for the offer!
  • Pyxosoft
« Reply #55 on: October 08, 2008, 10:42:05 am »
Can't really say when a demo is coming. Currently I'm finishing a newer version of Ocarina Room Editor. Where you can just export rooms directly to Game Maker projects. Just been pre-occupied. (Curse you Rock Band) Lately I've been thinking of taking a different direction with everything visually. Thanks for the offer!
i think you should change the graphics style to lttp. It looks kinda wierd, but not ugly. its because OoT was pretty much Lttp in 3D.

« Reply #56 on: October 08, 2008, 11:44:16 am »

thats great to hear your working on your room editor to export directly to GM, I was gonna ask you about that in my previous post. its so much better to use than GMs room editor. what kind of look are you thinking of going in may i ask? i actually think it looks ok right now although personally i like the darker ALTTP palette or a colour scheme even darker than that(kinda like twilight princess) also i think your kokiri forest would be a lot better flipped vertically(upside down) so that the kokiri sword is north because at the moment it doesnt look right being south of the map. i will edit this post later to give an example
gotta go
« Reply #57 on: October 08, 2008, 11:25:46 pm »
i think you should change the graphics style to lttp. It looks kinda wierd, but not ugly. its because OoT was pretty much Lttp in 3D.

Heh, this is Four Swords Adventure styled. Which is basically lttp with some filters and a Minish styled Link. Play it for the Game Cube if you haven't already.

thats great to hear your working on your room editor to export directly to GM, I was gonna ask you about that in my previous post. its so much better to use than GMs room editor. what kind of look are you thinking of going in may i ask? i actually think it looks ok right now although personally i like the darker ALTTP palette or a colour scheme even darker than that(kinda like twilight princess) also i think your kokiri forest would be a lot better flipped vertically(upside down) so that the kokiri sword is north because at the moment it doesnt look right being south of the map. i will edit this post later to give an example

Thank you for the suggestions. I have taken notice to some people styling the Kokiri Forest map vertically flipped. Which is fine, but I see no dramatic difference. I just prefer the room to be somewhat accurate to the original.

As for ORE, all I have left to do is set the obfuscation to the output data for GM7 versions. As of right now it can handle read and write for 5.3 and 6. I also updated the interface a bit. Allowing for layer depths, and resetting tile ids.
  • Pyxosoft
« Reply #58 on: October 12, 2008, 07:49:17 am »
Update! A new version of ORE has been completed and OOT2D production can move on. (Barring any crazy crap from ORE). I have included the link to the new version in the first post. I must warn anyone who decides to use it for their own projects that it is a beta, and needs some testing on it's stability when exporting rooms to GM projects. I recommend you back up any game data before using. If anyone still feels like they want to contribute, you can still do so by presenting your own .oref files for download.
  • Pyxosoft
« Reply #59 on: October 17, 2008, 09:34:41 am »
Ocarina Room Editor:
Download: http://www.pyxosoft.com/downloads/ocarina_room_editor.zip
Requirements: .net 2.0 (Plus, not tested on Vista)

Ocarina Room Editor creates .oref files. This is the current Kokiri Forest .oref file:
Download:http://www.pyxosoft.com/downloads/Kokiri.zip

Ocarina Room Editor 2.0 Beta:
IF USED FOR PERSONAL PROJECTS PLEASE BACKUP PROJECTS BEFORE USING!!!!!!!!!!
Download: http://www.pyxosoft.com/downloads/ocarina_room_editor_200.zip
Requirements: .net 2.0 (Plus, not tested on Vista)
It works on Vista!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 39   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.17 seconds with 78 queries.

anything