Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 39   Go Down

Author Topic: [SCREENS]Ocarina Of Time 2D FSA  (Read 225292 times)

Re: [Screens]Ocarina Of Time 2D
« Reply #180 on: October 20, 2009, 01:05:33 am »
Sure, lets see what you got.

On a side note, corrected the shadow on the Temple Of Time. I know it fits the light source, but does it look good? (Please ignore the window light WIP)
Ehh I think it looked better going the other way but I guess if it's for realism.

Also there is a window in the room with the sword. Wouldn't that count as a light source too?
  • Don't let me down
« Reply #181 on: October 20, 2009, 01:25:24 am »
  • Personal Text
Hmm... I think it looks great, but my suggestions are that you should have a bit of shadow from the pillars and remove the wall pillars on the side of the building; see how that'll look.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #182 on: October 20, 2009, 03:43:18 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
In lieu of not being able to get GMare to work (:(!) I've been getting some map stuff together as a preliminary.

w00t.

Also; I've found some of my old stuff lurking on the forum--

might come in handy for the Fire Temple :P

Actually; I found a lot more too... including my Octoroks XD
« Last Edit: October 20, 2009, 06:42:23 am by Mamoruanime »
« Reply #183 on: October 20, 2009, 06:58:12 am »
This is great, it's turning into a community effort Smiley
Also, I'd be happy to remake some music in looping form, if you need. I'm getting a nice $800 orchestral soundbank in the next week or two, so it should sound nice. I'd give me good practice learning how to use it too.

Yeah, tell me about it. Probably should be the community project. It makes sense when you consider the site's origin. :P Awesome! I could use great music. I have experimented with .mp3 support for GM, and it seems to suck. I have seen a .dll for FMOD. That may be the answer for higher quality non-midi tracks.
you could always use this: http://gmc.yoyogames.com/index.php?showtopic=120034&hl=
It supports ogg vorbis (which I prefer over mp3 anyway, better quality for lower bitrates), looping, pitch shifting, seeking, panning, volume etc.
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.
« Reply #184 on: October 20, 2009, 09:08:49 am »
In lieu of not being able to get GMare to work (Emo-Kid? Where!?!) I've been getting some map stuff together as a preliminary.

Well, for the time being you could use ORE. Since that at least works for you. I can then open and convert it using GMare. (Yeah, I know that sucks)

you could always use this: http://gmc.yoyogames.com/index.php?showtopic=120034&hl=
It supports ogg vorbis (which I prefer over mp3 anyway, better quality for lower bitrates), looping, pitch shifting, seeking, panning, volume etc.

Hrmmmm, the only thing missing is some effects, like reverb. For caves and dungeons.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2009, 09:11:59 am by Xfixium »
  • Pyxosoft
« Reply #185 on: October 20, 2009, 11:55:53 pm »
In lieu of not being able to get GMare to work (:(!) I've been getting some map stuff together as a preliminary.

w00t.

Also; I've found some of my old stuff lurking on the forum--

might come in handy for the Fire Temple :P

Actually; I found a lot more too... including my Octoroks XD

Is the attached picture the Goron cavern in Majora?
  • Don't let me down

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #186 on: October 21, 2009, 12:19:49 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
Nah :P Fire Temple from OoT... Unfinished tileset though; I may go through and finish it exclusively for Xfixium thanks to all of his help with the Octorok Mapping System via ORE.
« Reply #187 on: October 21, 2009, 12:49:37 am »
Nah :P Fire Temple from OoT... Unfinished tileset though; I may go through and finish it exclusively for Xfixium thanks to all of his help with the Octorok Mapping System via ORE.
You mean Dodongos Cavern? That doesn't look like the Fire Temple.
  • Don't let me down

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #188 on: October 21, 2009, 01:01:15 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
Nah it's from the entrance of the fire temple. If you first enter and check the walls, there are vague glyphs on the walls.

I never completed the entire set because the rest are basically cave tiles.

A few palette corrections should make it blend well, but like I said I'll finish em for Xfixium should he decide to use em.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 01:04:30 am by Mamoruanime »
« Reply #189 on: October 21, 2009, 01:32:44 am »
Sweetness. Resources are a good thing. As for dev news, I've been using my old movement code as a place holder. I wasn't ever satisfied with it. I'm going to look into the ZFGC MC Engine.

I'm also thinking of a submitting a private dev board application for OOT2d. I'd like to communicate more with the people contributing, and share everything I have in a better way. This can only make the game better in quality. This doesn't mean it won't be shared with the public. On major releases, the source / resources will still be available.
  • Pyxosoft
« Reply #190 on: October 21, 2009, 02:01:42 am »
Sweetness. Resources are a good thing. As for dev news, I've been using my old movement code as a place holder. I wasn't ever satisfied with it. I'm going to look into the ZFGC MC Engine.

I'm also thinking of a submitting a private dev board application for OOT2d. I'd like to communicate more with the people contributing, and share everything I have in a better way. This can only make the game better in quality. This doesn't mean it won't be shared with the public. On major releases, the source / resources will still be available.
Where do I sign up?

You misread my first post, I said the attached picture, as in attachment.

Meaning this:
« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 02:04:18 am by Heroin »
  • Don't let me down

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #191 on: October 21, 2009, 02:42:32 am »
  • ^Not actually me.

Where do I sign up?

You misread my first post, I said the attached picture, as in attachment.

Meaning this:

ooooh rofl... yeah my bad; I was at work and not paying as much attention as I should have been.

Yeah that's Dodongo's Cavern; I'm using it as a basic guide. I can also get more if need be :p
« Reply #192 on: October 27, 2009, 01:12:10 am »
Update; A new Kokiri room created. Again credits go to TomPel.

Looks like I'm going to put some more work into Gmare. A new solids editor is in the works. I also released oot2d to the dev team for review. I'm also working on finishing the lost woods room. Which I'm a little more satisfied with the design.
  • Pyxosoft
« Reply #193 on: October 27, 2009, 07:05:43 am »
sweet screens :)

by the way, I've given kokiri forest a go with my new orchestra samples I recieved yesterday. I've still got to add all the expression and volume but this is it so far. Don't mind the sudden ending, it's purposely done for looping.
http://frostfireaudio.com/projects/oot2d/kokiri%20forest.mp3
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.
« Reply #194 on: October 27, 2009, 08:27:46 am »
  • AKA "Micah DS"
New screens are nice! Lost Woods still feels a little boxy (not bad at all though), but I know that the Lost Woods are quite empty in OoT anyway. It still looks absolutely stunning.

And Darklight, that song sounds good. ^_^
  • My Music
« Reply #195 on: October 27, 2009, 08:52:28 am »
sweet screens :)

by the way, I've given kokiri forest a go with my new orchestra samples I recieved yesterday. I've still got to add all the expression and volume but this is it so far. Don't mind the sudden ending, it's purposely done for looping.
http://frostfireaudio.com/projects/oot2d/kokiri%20forest.mp3

Sweet audio! Great job thus far. :)
  • Pyxosoft

Antidote

>.>
« Reply #196 on: November 09, 2009, 08:49:36 am »
  • In all seriousness who's serious?
the first part seems to go pretty fast. but otherwise it sounds great
  • Axiomatic Data Laboratories

Ethelon

Awesome Resized Avys
« Reply #197 on: November 16, 2009, 02:24:30 am »
WHOA, I've been gone from this forum for months and months, I thought it was dying, good to see some activity.

This is totally amazing, the effects make the lttp sprites look much better.

A couple things, There should be 5 rupees behind the shop, you can walk back there, it should block the view of link though, so it's a secret for the pros =D.
I'm not sure how you're gonna do the ztargetting talking, but you should add the capability of targetting at nowhere, and then doing manuevers like backflipping.etc Backstepping (targetting and moving backwards) should be faster than forward rolling. I watched a bunch of those speed videos of OoT =D.

And for the last thing, I think you should regulate who gets to use it, not overly protective, but just so newbies don't go off claiming they made it, or people really screw around with it and totally disgrace it o.o, but putting it out there for average skilled people: people that might not be able to do it, but can learn from it and try, and putting it for experts who could probably really benefit from it.

EDIT:
After reading up to page 12 =D of the topic, it seems like you're planning to go ahead of dungeon 1 as well as release it for open source. If this is the case I'd like to be part of this o.o

Background (yay):
After our I guess failed Scepter of Distortion with Cypras, I was looking to make an oot2d, but without decent dedicated spriters, we both gave up. After a buncha months, I came back here, mainly because I wanted to see if there were any helpful resources here again, I found this. I tiled kokiri forest in Minish Cap, but that's about when we quit doing oot2d as well. I think I could help in designing maps (tiling them), and possibly spriting some tiles (<< I'm not much of a pixel spriter, but I've been improving IMO).

According to what I've read, Mam is starting to do dodongo cavern designs, if he wants some help, I could help with that.

At this time I just finished reading the entire topic, I think I can best help because I own 2 books for OoT, showing detailed maps and positions, one is focused more on maps and the map design (that'll help alot), and the other shows more secrets, more detailed information, that might help with secret heart pieces.etc I think I'm pretty good with tiling anyway.

So if I could help, that'd be great.
I have msn and aim.. yep.
Thanks
-Ethelon
« Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 03:31:28 am by Ethelon »

Xfixium: "Leader"/Lead Programmer/Lead Spriter,  Cypras: Programmer, Ethelon: Tiler/Spriter, Darklink45: Spriter, Noseblunt3: Spriter,
SinkinDevil: Spriter, Dotyue: Spriter, Tompel: Tiler/Spriter, 
Mamoruanime: Tiler, DJvenom: Spriter
« Reply #198 on: November 16, 2009, 10:18:41 pm »
A couple things, There should be 5 rupees behind the shop, you can walk back there, it should block the view of link though, so it's a secret for the pros =D.

I'm aware of it. Saw it while watching video of someone running through the game backwards most of the time. 8) Making light of these little secrets can only benefit though, so thanx for the heads up.

I'm not sure how you're gonna do the ztargetting talking, but you should add the capability of targetting at nowhere, and then doing manuevers like backflipping.etc Backstepping (targetting and moving backwards) should be faster than forward rolling. I watched a bunch of those speed videos of OoT =D.

Apparently we watched the same speed videos. lol While I plan on Z-targeting for information, and communication. I won't be changing the standard combat system that all 2d Zelda games have. While this takes away from the original, I for see other aspects of 2d adding to it.

And for the last thing, I think you should regulate who gets to use it, not overly protective, but just so newbies don't go off claiming they made it, or people really screw around with it and totally disgrace it o.o, but putting it out there for average skilled people: people that might not be able to do it, but can learn from it and try, and putting it for experts who could probably really benefit from it.

Honestly, not a real big issue with me. Overall, you can trust in gaming communities. People are usually quick to point out who gets credit.

EDIT:
After reading up to page 12 =D of the topic, it seems like you're planning to go ahead of dungeon 1 as well as release it for open source. If this is the case I'd like to be part of this o.o

I would love the assistance. I will drop you some information via PM. I'm in the middle of making some huge changes. So dev wise I'll be updating everyone on the changes.

Background (yay):
After our I guess failed Scepter of Distortion with Cypras, I was looking to make an oot2d, but without decent dedicated spriters, we both gave up. After a buncha months, I came back here, mainly because I wanted to see if there were any helpful resources here again, I found this. I tiled kokiri forest in Minish Cap, but that's about when we quit doing oot2d as well. I think I could help in designing maps (tiling them), and possibly spriting some tiles (<< I'm not much of a pixel spriter, but I've been improving IMO).

Map designing is good. If you take a stab at spriting that's good also. One way or other, things will always get done.

According to what I've read, Mam is starting to do dodongo cavern designs, if he wants some help, I could help with that.

Yes, he has said he'd give it a go. I have no clue what progress has been made on it though. I'm going to have to reserve a place where we can all discuss who's doing what and the progress of it.

At this time I just finished reading the entire topic, I think I can best help because I own 2 books for OoT, showing detailed maps and positions, one is focused more on maps and the map design (that'll help alot), and the other shows more secrets, more detailed information, that might help with secret heart pieces.etc I think I'm pretty good with tiling anyway.

So if I could help, that'd be great.
I have msn and aim.. yep.
Thanks
-Ethelon

Sounds great, I'll be contacting you with more information.

I've also been holding back on the updates. As I have decided that I will be moving away from Game Maker as the dev tool of choice. Instead I'm making my own home brew SDK, and using some prefabbed libraries to get it done. It's going to be interesting to say the least. The IDE is a mixture of Game Maker and RPG Maker. As I want to release it to the public, but have it target a wide range of users.
  • Pyxosoft

Antidote

>.>
« Reply #199 on: November 18, 2009, 04:47:35 am »
  • In all seriousness who's serious?
seems like it'll be a really good IDE, however how are you going to go about scripting?
  • Axiomatic Data Laboratories
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 39   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 75 queries.