Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 39   Go Down

Author Topic: [SCREENS]Ocarina Of Time 2D FSA  (Read 224175 times)

Sinkin

Team Dekunutz
Re: [SCREENS]Ocarina Of Time 2D
« Reply #340 on: January 05, 2010, 05:22:46 pm »
  • Idk
I'm just wondering, are you guys in any need for more team members? Like in the tiling section or spriting? Just want to know, I would like to join, if so.

Ethelon

Awesome Resized Avys
« Reply #341 on: January 06, 2010, 12:30:56 am »
Spriting could be useful, we're deciding, gotta take a group vote I guess...

In other news, Xf has been redoing the menu, again back to wind waker style, but it's much much much better, really amazing stuff, I'm sure he'll post when he decides to =P

Xfixium: "Leader"/Lead Programmer/Lead Spriter,  Cypras: Programmer, Ethelon: Tiler/Spriter, Darklink45: Spriter, Noseblunt3: Spriter,
SinkinDevil: Spriter, Dotyue: Spriter, Tompel: Tiler/Spriter, 
Mamoruanime: Tiler, DJvenom: Spriter
« Reply #342 on: January 06, 2010, 08:09:41 am »
Wow, does this project not qualify for the Team/Sponsored Board? You guys have a bunch of people working on it.
« Reply #343 on: January 06, 2010, 09:00:46 am »
  • AKA "Micah DS"
Wow, does this project not qualify for the Team/Sponsored Board? You guys have a bunch of people working on it.
http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=35132.msg392327#msg392327

OoT2D (this one, lol) was on the Team/Sponsored Board, but the project wasn't showing much "visible" progress for a while, and, to quote the rules...
Quote from: Team/Sponsored Info
All projects here will be evaluated each month for some sort of progress. If a project does not have any sort of an update, it will be moved back to the Zelda WIP or Other WIP board.
Then of course there is no demo/trailer. I'm guessing that is why it is no longer on the Team/Sponsored Board and has not been moved back yet, though I could be wrong.

Personally, I feel this should be on the Team/Sponsored Board anyway. It just makes sense to me; though progress seems slow (maybe just behind the scenes work), they've got a nice-sized team, and a fairly well-experienced team at that.

... Xf has been redoing the menu, again back to wind waker style, but it's much much much better, really amazing stuff, I'm sure he'll post when he decides to =P
Oho! Can't wait to see it. :)
  • My Music
« Reply #344 on: January 06, 2010, 09:26:56 am »
The project got into the board because it won the Project of the Month, which allows a project to be there for a month, and then the project is taken out of that board. If a user wants their project to stay in the board they have to fill out that application. Technically yeah, without a demo or trailer a project is not supposed to get into that board if one fills out an application to get into the board - but there's always leniency given, the progress on this project would make it alright for the board anyway. The monthly progress requirement of the Team/Sponsored board has the words "some sort of progress" which means that basically as long as the project is being kept alive or there is an update of some sort by the developer then it goes back.

I don't think that Xfixium had applied to have the project in that board. Although we did have a conversation through private messages about the possibility of it, the verb tense never seemed to indicate that he wanted it presently; at the time though, applying would have been something not so pertinent though because the project would have been there for a month anyway. In fact, it actually sat there for a while longer because the staff was being lax.
« Reply #345 on: January 06, 2010, 10:16:55 pm »
An update is in order I suppose. There has been a bunch of work and decisions behind the scenes as it stands. I have been reworking the menu graphics again. Mainly a throw back to WW. I've been using temporary graphics for the items that are from Spirit Tracks. It's all in WIP at the moment, and has not been directly applied or finalized. Once that has been done, the Deku Tree graphics will be the focus. That way we can start visualizing the dungeon, and seeing what needs to be changed, or tweaked with the current design that Ethelon has come up with. He's been desperately waiting for that resource. Cypras is focusing on finalizing the NPC object. He may also be handling enemies. noseblunt3 is pretty much waiting for us to make up our minds on the next spriting venture. XD

SinkinDevil I'll be shooting you a PM later today as a decision has been pretty much finalized with the most active members of the team. Also on a side note, we lost Jeod.

I haven't filled out an application for Team/Sponsored board for the simple reason that we do not meet the criteria for it to be considered. While I'm thankful that there are people that think this project deserves to be placed there, I find it more worthwhile to earn that spot within the current rule set. Making a trailer is a big goal we want to achieve. When that has been done, I will submit an application for the Team/Sponsored board.

Most of our focus lately has been quality control, and concept debates. Which we go through so many of those it's not even funny. I place blame on Ethelon. :P In the end I have to agree it does make things better. Not on just a quality level, but just panning out things as a team.
  • Pyxosoft

Sinkin

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #346 on: January 06, 2010, 10:23:15 pm »
  • Idk
Holy shi*! The menu is so fuggin awesome! I love it! By the way, how did you get the idea to use the Spirit Tracks icons?  :o
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 10:25:12 pm by SinkinDevil »
« Reply #347 on: January 06, 2010, 10:30:37 pm »
Damn, that menu looks awesome. Where did you guys find those Spirit Tracks sprites? Or did you rip them yourself?
« Reply #348 on: January 06, 2010, 10:37:59 pm »
I found them on the net. Someone was nice enough to post screen shots of their progress:

http://www.zeldainformer.com/gallery/index.php?level=collection&id=2

The ones of relevance within the screenshot galleries.
  • Pyxosoft

Ethelon

Awesome Resized Avys
« Reply #349 on: January 06, 2010, 11:02:29 pm »
Thank you xf, for that er... compliment/insult.

Yeah, x said that we should keep updates here to a minimum, so yeah.

EDIT:
*ahem* xfixium is dah bestest team leader ever, and likes being nice to his subordinates. I was not coerced into saying this at all =DD

kk, so I need more relevance in my post so...
@Sinkin
I'm sure the original idea could've been from your game, or just that the style fits the windwaker menu
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 11:16:29 pm by Ethelon »

Xfixium: "Leader"/Lead Programmer/Lead Spriter,  Cypras: Programmer, Ethelon: Tiler/Spriter, Darklink45: Spriter, Noseblunt3: Spriter,
SinkinDevil: Spriter, Dotyue: Spriter, Tompel: Tiler/Spriter, 
Mamoruanime: Tiler, DJvenom: Spriter
« Reply #350 on: January 06, 2010, 11:36:51 pm »
Wow jeez, I'm really likin that design for the menu. Keep it. ;)
  • https://colbydude.com

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #351 on: January 06, 2010, 11:40:20 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
Very nice menu :D

BTW those edges were what I was talking about for the other ones XD the cutout sort of matte effect :p
« Reply #352 on: January 06, 2010, 11:52:12 pm »

BTW those edges were what I was talking about for the other ones XD the cutout sort of matte effect :p

Oh, lol. Now you tell me. :P
  • Pyxosoft

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #353 on: January 06, 2010, 11:55:50 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.

Oh, lol. Now you tell me. :P

Lol well, I'm horrible with terminology XD

DJvenom

super-sage
« Reply #354 on: January 07, 2010, 12:32:39 am »
  • Colbydude was here.
@Xfixium AGFSDGHAFSGHfAGHFSghFAGHSF!!!!! those menus are hot! If you need any of OOT's items in ST style, let a brotha' know ;)
I do art
I ermmm... DID do art
I do art
« Reply #355 on: January 08, 2010, 12:00:40 am »
  • AKA "Micah DS"

:o!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The menus are amazing!!!
  • My Music
« Reply #356 on: January 13, 2010, 04:07:08 pm »
  • Mr. Pixel
Really mind-boggling menu :o *Copying for own project* For real, can I
try make similiar menus for my project? Without asking first, it would feel
like stealing even though I wouldn't just copy, but make own really similiar menu.

DJvenom, I didn't like your the concept art. Its good but it does have some flaws.
Also, this project needs its original concept art, not just redoing OoTs,
something like this for example (still sketch):
http://drandula.deviantart.com/art/Link-holding-ocarina-sketch-150267750
But this one is for my project, sorry ^^"

~Drandula~

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #357 on: January 13, 2010, 06:50:15 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
DJvenom, I didn't like your the concept art. Its good but it does have some flaws.
Also, this project needs its original concept art, not just redoing OoTs,
something like this for example (still sketch):
http://drandula.deviantart.com/art/Link-holding-ocarina-sketch-150267750
But this one is for my project, sorry ^^"

~Drandula~

:P yeah but that's too jagged for WW style. Besides, I can't really speak for DJ, but I'm reasonably positive he did his the same as mine-- about 30 seconds in flash XD So they're in essence just colored sketches for us :P
« Reply #358 on: January 31, 2010, 03:13:49 pm »
*Hasn't seen an update here for a while* How goes the game? I love everything so far what you've created, esspecially those menus as of late. Looks great! 8)
  • RPG Empire

ptd

« Reply #359 on: January 31, 2010, 05:53:42 pm »
Hey guys,

I used to be a pretty active member of ZFGC years and years ago but stopped coming around when I lost interest in fan games. Recently I've been messing around in Game Maker again for fun and lurking here for a couple weeks, and I noticed this project. I remember looking forward to Daniel Barras' OoT2D so much and was disappointed it never came to anything, so I really hope you guys keep this project going for as long as you can.

I noticed in the screenshots that you're using LTTP tiles even though you're planning to work in FS style. A while ago I made a quick forest tileset from the "Sea of Trees" levels(which is pretty similar to Kokiri Forest) so maybe you guys can find some use for it if you didn't already make one yourselves.

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 39   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.241 seconds with 91 queries.

anything