Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 39   Go Down

Author Topic: [SCREENS]Ocarina Of Time 2D FSA  (Read 224110 times)

Re: [SCREENS]Ocarina Of Time 2D
« Reply #380 on: February 20, 2010, 07:36:59 am »
Ethelon, I don't want to burst your bubble. But the platform part was introduced in Link's Awakening and further used in OOA and OOS. Thus any uniqueness about that is long gone.

I have to say that I completely played FSA, but I can't really remember platform parts in it. It could be me, because I haven't played it in a long time. The subwindow is in the style of FSA, because that was used for going in caves and houses in the singleplayer mode.

Nonetheless it looks really good and fitting.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #381 on: February 20, 2010, 07:53:24 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
Ethelon, I don't want to burst your bubble. But the platform part was introduced in Link's Awakening and further used in OOA and OOS. Thus any uniqueness about that is long gone.

I have to say that I completely played FSA, but I can't really remember platform parts in it. It could be me, because I haven't played it in a long time. The subwindow is in the style of FSA, because that was used for going in caves and houses in the singleplayer mode.

Nonetheless it looks really good and fitting.

Yeah the platform element was used pretty much regularly in FSA. In fact, I think the game required you to do platform segments to progress on quite a few puzzles. Been a while since I've played (I own the japanese version... so it's a bit hard for me to play), but I do remember the fun of connecting my GBA to the GCN.

For the water temple, I don't think it'd be too great to use only that small window for the whole thing, plus there's that one water wheel part, so we'd still need to rack our brains for that one. No doubt it'd still be a challenge, but that's pretty far off.

These features should make it preeeety unique, since the platformness has only been seen on FSA, and makes it more true to the style. Also with the platform thing, I have another idea for Gohma =P

Yes Cyp, I have to post after you.

Pretty much the only way you can make a 3d game into a 2d game is by reimagining some chunks of the game that required the 3d. The 2d platform aspects add an element of 3d to the game by giving you not only your standard x,y movement (top down), but also a z/y,z/x movement as well (platformer). This can really help make quite a few puzzles robust and properly work in 2d. Honestly it'd probably be incrediby easy to impliment.

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #382 on: February 20, 2010, 07:57:10 am »
  • .越//
I have to say that I completely played FSA, but I can't really remember platform parts in it. It could be me, because I haven't played it in a long time.

just an example (its at 1:12)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmUZpweUMX8" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmUZpweUMX8</a>

edit:

Yeah the platform element was used pretty much regularly in FSA. In fact, I think the game required you to do platform segments to progress on quite a few puzzles. Been a while since I've played (I own the japanese version... so it's a bit hard for me to play), but I do remember the fun of connecting my GBA to the GCN.

how did you like navi trackers?

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

Minish Cap Beta:Firerod Icon, Majoras Mask:ChuChu, Ocarina of Time:Gossip Stone, Oracle Series:Link plays the "Herpes of Ages", Impa, Wand Maker: HUD
~GB-Zelda Style~
Ocarina of Time: Deku Caca
~Other~
Paper Mario Style Zelda&Link, Tetra Trackers HUD-Cleanups

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #383 on: February 20, 2010, 08:01:40 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
Well, it was Tetra Trackers in the Japanese game, and it was pretty meh. They say a lot in japanese then expect me to find something that I didn't get before because I couldn't understand them in the first place :p Then I run around finding people with little bubbles over their heads wanting something... So on so forth. Needless to say I always ran out of time and got bored.

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #384 on: February 20, 2010, 08:19:42 am »
  • .越//
1. its in the beta tetra trackers and is named navi trackers in the final ( navi stands for navigator )
2. I've got almost all maps you just need to find the right people one after another before the other player and you have to pay them i believe ( it's been a while ) hen you can get some treasures to have bonus modes or levels, like the fairies or keys

( *stops being off topic* )

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

Minish Cap Beta:Firerod Icon, Majoras Mask:ChuChu, Ocarina of Time:Gossip Stone, Oracle Series:Link plays the "Herpes of Ages", Impa, Wand Maker: HUD
~GB-Zelda Style~
~Other~

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #385 on: February 20, 2010, 08:34:13 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
1. its in the beta tetra trackers and is named navi trackers in the final ( navi stands for navigator )
2. I've got almost all maps you just need to find the right people one after another before the other player and you have to pay them i believe ( it's been a while ) hen you can get some treasures to have bonus modes or levels, like the fairies or keys

( *stops being off topic* )

D: I'm pretty sure it's still Tetra Trackers in the japanese release. If I'm not mistaken, they were going to release it in the states as "Navi Trackers". Either way; I haven't played it since it was first released in Japan, so we're talking yeaaarrrss of not touching the game for me, so I could be very much so mistaken :P
« Reply #386 on: February 20, 2010, 09:32:18 am »
I have to say that I completely played FSA, but I can't really remember platform parts in it. It could be me, because I haven't played it in a long time.

just an example (its at 1:12)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmUZpweUMX8" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmUZpweUMX8</a>

Hmm, I have to replay FSA again, apparently I forgot a lot.
« Reply #387 on: February 20, 2010, 12:33:05 pm »
  • AKA "Micah DS"
I just wanted to agree with everyone that the addition of side scrolling is a definite move in the right direction. Also, I personally wouldn't mind if most of the water temple were done in side scrolling. I'm sure you guys will figure out how to make it work and it'll be amazing.

Btw, those latest screens are so great!
  • My Music

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #388 on: February 20, 2010, 09:20:29 pm »
  • To bomb or not to bomb...
Heck, side-scrolling Water Temple might actually make it enjoyable!

Mirby Studios | Share & Enjoy now available! (Links above!) | Games I've Beaten
Quote from: Mamoruanime
I like-like it :D
  • Mirby Studios

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #389 on: February 20, 2010, 10:36:31 pm »
  • .越//
you guys shouldn't go to much for the sidescroll water temple... just believe in his team that they try it out what fits best when they get up this temple

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

~GB-Zelda Style~
~Other~

« Reply #390 on: February 20, 2010, 10:57:01 pm »
  • Team Dekunutz
you guys shouldn't go to much for the sidescroll water temple... just believe in his team that they try it out what fits best when they get up this temple
Yeah we don't think too far a head. Focus on what needs to be done before the first demo etc.

DJvenom

super-sage
« Reply #391 on: February 21, 2010, 12:53:20 am »
  • Colbydude was here.
Really the only part of the water temple that will need to be side scrolling is the center room.
I do art
I ermmm... DID do art
I do art

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #392 on: February 21, 2010, 09:48:18 am »
Really the only part of the water temple that will need to be side scrolling is the center room.

You may be able to still do it top down. But m plan would involve some programming and new bunch of sprites.
  • Phoenix Heart

DJvenom

super-sage
« Reply #393 on: March 02, 2010, 08:42:23 pm »
  • Colbydude was here.
I had a dream about this game... namely inside the deku tree... now I must make you some tiles.
I do art
I ermmm... DID do art
I do art
« Reply #394 on: March 02, 2010, 09:03:08 pm »
If you are going to try sidescrolling, why not try the old beat-em-up style of sidescrolling?

You can still have a full range of 8 directions, plus depth and height, instead of being stuck to purely Left and Right ala Super Mario.

If you don't grasp what I said just youtube Final Fight 3 orsomething like that and watch the gameplay.
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #395 on: March 02, 2010, 09:06:22 pm »
Because that is not the style of FSA.
« Reply #396 on: March 02, 2010, 09:08:01 pm »
Because that is not the style of FSA.
Never played it and never care to.

But, I did forgot to re-read the style on the first page.  You are correct.  Wouldn't even be close to FSA -___-
  • Super Fan Gamers!

Ethelon

Awesome Resized Avys
« Reply #397 on: March 03, 2010, 12:33:00 am »
Lol @ Dj, that'd be pretty sweet. I could use some work after all.
I believe xf is just perfecting the menu when he can, though life takes up alot of his time.. of course it should take up all of his time else he'd be dead... yea...

Coolios o.o.

Xfixium: "Leader"/Lead Programmer/Lead Spriter,  Cypras: Programmer, Ethelon: Tiler/Spriter, Darklink45: Spriter, Noseblunt3: Spriter,
SinkinDevil: Spriter, Dotyue: Spriter, Tompel: Tiler/Spriter, 
Mamoruanime: Tiler, DJvenom: Spriter
« Reply #398 on: March 05, 2010, 02:05:04 am »
Don't reinvent the game, I think you should focus on recreating it as it was on N64.

Side-quests and some creative aspects but I believe if you want to turn a 3D game into 2D you should consider multiple camera angles or views than changing the game itself.

There are some 3D fights that can't meet 2D, why not be creative instead of giving up?

I'm also expecting this project to cancel soon like every other game but I'm rooting for you too.

Good luck :3
Game Designer and Artist

My Zelda Projects Official Site:
http://unicornslair.byethost17.com

I encourage you, please rate my Project here!
  • The Legend of Zelda: Secret Depths of the Unicorns Lair

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #399 on: March 05, 2010, 02:24:49 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
Don't reinvent the game, I think you should focus on recreating it as it was on N64.

This right here's why 99% of 3d to 2d remakes fail though :P You HAVE to reinvent the game if you want to take a core element from the game (3d) out and still make the game functional. No way around it. If you don't reinvent it, you end up with a game that's already out- Ocarina of Time for the N64.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 39   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.967 seconds with 76 queries.