Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 39   Go Down

Author Topic: [SCREENS]Ocarina Of Time 2D FSA  (Read 225135 times)

Re: [SCREENS]Ocarina Of Time 2D
« Reply #500 on: October 16, 2010, 05:59:17 am »
I am very interested in how you do the drawing of sprites then, because the sprites are made out of components. Do you use GM's sprite_index, image_index and image_speed variables (although I doubt that) or do you defined your own algorithm for timing frames. What do you do when the head is looping at a different rate then the body?

For an example of what I am talking about look at this discussion: http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=36898.0

I found out that GM's image_speed variable can only be set once per object per cycle. Thus when drawing multiple sprites per object the value last set for image_speed will be used for all the sprites. I found this out when trying to add water ripples for shallow water. A real pain in the ass. 

« Reply #501 on: October 16, 2010, 06:38:34 am »
I haven't even delved into that yet. My easiest solution was to not go against the engine, and use an invisible dummy sprite to still use the object constants. Then telling it what I need drawn based on the state, and on that image index. There would be scripts that would explain how to draw that state. (The details created by the sprite builder tool)

Method (Mind you this hasn't been tested, but I imagine it would work):

- Object state has changed.
- Where drawing of state happens, a script for that state animation is called.
- Check if the needed dummy sprite is being used.
- If not, a blank dummy sprite is called based on the number of sub-images needed.
- Draw the sub-image parts using the Sprite Builder information, and object constants.
  • Pyxosoft

Brutus

Kirby Master
« Reply #502 on: October 16, 2010, 10:58:11 pm »
How many people are on the team for this project?
if place_free(x,y,z) {wrong number of arguments to function or script}
« Reply #503 on: October 16, 2010, 10:59:12 pm »
  • Team Dekunutz
How many people are on the team for this project?
Team Dekunutz
Xfixium
Cypras
Ethelon
TomPel
Mamoruanime
DJvenom
noseblunt3
SinkinDevil
darklink45
dotyue
Jeod

Brutus

Kirby Master
« Reply #504 on: October 16, 2010, 11:01:15 pm »
Thanks. Now I realize that I forgot to look at the project on the home page XD
if place_free(x,y,z) {wrong number of arguments to function or script}
« Reply #505 on: October 17, 2010, 07:06:25 am »
I know I sound greedy, but damn I would love to take a look at the source code of your sprite builder, Gmare and OOT2D. I think I would be able to learn a lot from it. It seems you have a good grasp of how GM works.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #506 on: October 17, 2010, 07:07:51 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
Eeeeetttss confusing D:

It's bad enough I don't know C#, but the additional pyx stuff confuses me :(
« Reply #507 on: October 17, 2010, 09:07:01 am »
I have no problem releasing source for the sprite builder. Although I have nothing commented out. (Mainly because I was rushing to get it done) The source for OOT2D will be released when demos are released. That's when I'd feel the most comfortable releasing it anyways. GMare sadly was so close to being done, but it is a complete mess. (Just ask the dev team) I was working on an OpenGL version and a DirectX version, and both are pretty weird. I know what is wrong with it, but cannot find the latest source of it. If I find it, I'll share.

Mammy, for what your interested in, I'd focus on the panel controls within the sprite builder project. The main thing is the UpdateBackbuffer() method, and overriding the OnPaint events. There's where all the magic happens. The PyxPanel just adds a border to the control in the current visual style. PyxTools are just controls I made awhile back that make my life easier. So you can ignore them completely.

I have completed the sprite builder tool. I'm going to submit it as a completed project.
  • Pyxosoft

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #508 on: October 17, 2010, 09:09:23 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
Oh sweet XD

Yeah the pyxtools were starting to scare me a bit :P I saw all of these classes that should be familiar, but I was unsure why they were separated that way D:
« Reply #509 on: October 17, 2010, 08:55:24 pm »
Update:

- Sprite Builder complete.
- Dotyue designed some more Deku Tree designs.
- The Kokiri house interior tileset is almost complete.
- Deku tree inside tileset complete.
- Cypras is working on the Deku Scrub enemy.
- Queen Ghoma battle behaviors being discussed.
- Ethelon is going to designing more side view rooms for various points in the game.
- DarkLink45 added more to the Deku Scrub animations.

** screens are samples.
  • Pyxosoft
« Reply #510 on: October 18, 2010, 06:32:14 pm »
It's a nice blend between aLttP style and OoT. I like that. Kind of a waste to try and copy everything exactly as it looks in the original game. This way you can get a bit more creative.

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #511 on: October 18, 2010, 08:42:46 pm »
  • .越//
It's a nice blend between aLttP style and OoT. I like that. Kind of a waste to try and copy everything exactly as it looks in the original game. This way you can get a bit more creative.

We don't just try to copy everything exactly 1:1 from 3D to 2D, please note that all screenshots and mockups are WIP...

There are already some designs to make it more entertaining in 2D than it would be as a 1:1 conversion

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

Minish Cap Beta:Firerod Icon, Majoras Mask:ChuChu, Ocarina of Time:Gossip Stone, Oracle Series:Link plays the "Herpes of Ages", Impa, Wand Maker: HUD
~GB-Zelda Style~
Ocarina of Time: Deku Caca
~Other~
Paper Mario Style Zelda&Link, Tetra Trackers HUD-Cleanups

« Reply #512 on: October 18, 2010, 08:49:49 pm »
  • Team Dekunutz

We don't just try to copy everything exactly 1:1 from 3D to 2D, please note that all screenshots and mockups are WIP...

There are already some designs to make it more entertaining in 2D than it would be as a 1:1 conversion
Dotyue, I think Kleaver was complementing the way we are doing it, not saying it's a waste of time.
Though Dotyue is right in saying that some designs will make this game greater in 2D than a straight conversion.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 08:55:11 pm by Cypras »

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #513 on: October 18, 2010, 08:54:50 pm »
  • .越//

Dotyue, I think Kleaver was complementing the way we are doing it, not saying it's a waste of time.

oh you're right ^^ now when i read it... its just about the style and not about the game itself xD

well, so i've done some minor spoilers... sorry for that =P

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

Minish Cap Beta:Firerod Icon, Majoras Mask:ChuChu, Ocarina of Time:Gossip Stone, Oracle Series:Link plays the "Herpes of Ages", Impa, Wand Maker: HUD
~GB-Zelda Style~
Ocarina of Time: Deku Caca
~Other~
Paper Mario Style Zelda&Link, Tetra Trackers HUD-Cleanups

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #514 on: October 20, 2010, 01:30:02 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
New computer/New server this week; I'm going to pump out Dodongo's Cavern (been itching to do it :P). I know it's a little ways away before it's implemented, but if there's anything uniquely needed resource wise for that dungeon lemme know. (IE: do you want new tiles for it, or are you sticking with the cave tiles, etc)
« Reply #515 on: October 20, 2010, 01:52:04 am »
Sweet. Use the Cave tiles for a place holder. I'm sure there will be parts when we will use that tile set in there anyways.
  • Pyxosoft

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #516 on: October 20, 2010, 01:57:08 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
Sweet. Use the Cave tiles for a place holder. I'm sure there will be parts when we will use that tile set in there anyways.

I was going to expand the tileset to fill in some more of the gaps and make it more stylish. Some things will need to be custom anyway; like the dodongo head and such. I also have a few ideas on how to improvise on the more 3d areas of that dungeon as well ;p
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 02:12:00 am by Mamoruアニメ »
« Reply #517 on: October 20, 2010, 10:44:11 pm »
the second screen contains a tiling error on the right tile next to the door instead of being in ''\" it is in just "I"  I guess you already fixed that :p
« Reply #518 on: October 20, 2010, 10:49:22 pm »
I noticed that last night when I was looking at it. It's only a sample. Just messing with the tile set, and we won't be using it.
  • Pyxosoft
« Reply #519 on: October 21, 2010, 04:45:03 pm »
... and we won't be using it.
You mean the map right and not the tileset.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 39   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.111 seconds with 74 queries.

anything