Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 39   Go Down

Author Topic: [SCREENS]Ocarina Of Time 2D FSA  (Read 224040 times)

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
Re: [SCREENS]Ocarina Of Time 2D
« Reply #680 on: November 09, 2010, 12:58:42 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
But why is there leaf :S
Think about this, leaves are trees energy source, which absorbs light. Light comes from the sun. Now, when we are inside the tree, can you see the sun? No, and leaf inside the tree is useless. (If there is torches burning all-day, maybe they clean the air from carbon dioxide and they get their light from torches)

I just wanted say that :P I don't mind if there is leaf or not, all little details are acceptable. It makes game more rich and lively.

Why is there a giant talking tree that wants a little boy to save him?

Does it really matter? There are leaves everywhere in that tileset. D:
« Reply #681 on: November 09, 2010, 01:08:18 pm »
  • Mr. Pixel
^ I did say, I don't mind it if there is leaves or not :|

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #682 on: November 09, 2010, 01:12:11 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
^ I did say, I don't mind it if there is leaves or not :|

XD I know; but still :P

>;o discouragement is discouraging :o
« Reply #683 on: November 09, 2010, 01:29:50 pm »
Think about this, leaves are trees energy source, which absorbs light. Light comes from the sun. Now, when we are inside the tree, can you see the sun? No, and leaf inside the tree is useless. (If there is torches burning all-day, maybe they clean the air from carbon dioxide and they get their light from torches)

I just wanted say that :P I don't mind if there is leaf or not, all little details are acceptable. It makes game more rich and lively.

Why would the tree need to eat the boy in order to be saved. Why would there be doors (bars) and mechanisms (with switches and raising platforms), not to mention burning torches and an entire dungeon inside a tree. Instead of the tree's digestive system. I think we can all agree that Zelda games take the sense of logic with a grain of salt.

DJ: Nice

Brutus

Kirby Master
« Reply #684 on: November 09, 2010, 01:32:58 pm »
Do you have any pics of Jabu Jabu yet?
if place_free(x,y,z) {wrong number of arguments to function or script}

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #685 on: November 09, 2010, 01:33:37 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.

Why would the tree need to eat the boy in order to be saved. Why would there be doors (bars) and mechanisms (with switches and raising platforms), not to mention burning torches and an entire dungeon inside a tree. Instead of the tree's digestive system. I think we can all agree that Zelda games take the sense of logic with a grain of salt.

DJ: Nice

XD exactly my point Niek :P

DJvenom

super-sage
« Reply #686 on: November 09, 2010, 03:02:20 pm »
  • Colbydude was here.
I wanted the ladders to look like they were made from materials found inside the tree :P Deku sticks, etc
I do art
I ermmm... DID do art
I do art

Xiphirx

wat
« Reply #687 on: November 09, 2010, 08:11:24 pm »
  • Xiphirx
*shrug* graphical teaser
I'm just proud of it is all :P Stairs for Inside the Deku Tree!

How to pixel art :(

That looks awesome DJ. Like a drop of water while I've spent days out here in a desert :(
  • For The Swarm
« Reply #688 on: November 14, 2010, 03:51:08 am »
The collision data is experimental. I had done something similar for GMare way back when, but with this new idea, it will use shapes as regular collision data. The shapes will also have level data, which will make things like shooting projectiles off a cliff much easier. This will replace the ass load of wall instances that would normally litter the entire room.

At first when I read that I was thinking along the lines of why don't you just create wall objects that are wider or taller in set sizes so that you could reduce the number of instances. However, I thought about it some more and realized that even with deactivating instances, rooms could still have a lot of simple walls. I am not exactly sure what you mean by collision data with shapes but I have been considering a solution for some code I am working on that uses a specific tile layer for simple walls, and then keeping everything that can be corner-cut around as objects.

I was wondering at how much cost the overhead of using shapes would be though in relation to using built-in tile functions.

Zhello

N.A.D.I.
« Reply #689 on: November 14, 2010, 04:13:17 am »
  • L'homme avec beaucoup de noms.
*shrug* graphical teaser
I'm just proud of it is all :P Stairs for Inside the Deku Tree!

How to pixel art :(

That looks awesome DJ. Like a drop of water while I've spent days out here in a desert :(

Wow, I am officially amazed!  :o

How long it took you to make this lol?  XD  :huh:
The IT Guy
Intermediate Coder
Linux is a wonderful thing
~Linkwolf48/Gumstone1080~

The Legend of Zelda - New Beginnings

http://zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=34986.0
1.6 Demo -
https://www.dropbox.com/s/56km0iadaras56g/LoZNB%20Game%20Folder.rar?dl=0

Side Projects:

Dragon Diary - Cybernetic Threat
Story: http://wiki.zfgc.com/Cybernetic_Threat

Aero88
ZFGC is like the Hotel California.  You can come in but you can never leave!

devianart: http://linkwolf48.deviantart.com/
« Reply #690 on: November 14, 2010, 04:42:07 am »
The collision data I refer to is somehow using GM's collision_rectangle function for checks. Have the rectangle shape data within the room binary file read in, and then checking against those values. I'm not too sure how it would turn out, but I figure it's worth a try.

I have been considering a solution for some code I am working on that uses a specific tile layer for simple walls, and then keeping everything that can be corner-cut around as objects.

Sounds interesting, exactly how are you using the layer?

I was wondering at how much cost the overhead of using shapes would be though in relation to using built-in tile functions.

I would still be using built-in functions, the question would be how fast / possible would it be? Overall, there just has to be a more flexible and easier way.
  • Pyxosoft
« Reply #691 on: November 14, 2010, 05:55:20 am »
Ah, I can think of an implementation for that which uses either maps or 2D arrays then with cycles through the "key" index passing the values in and holding possible properties as well. That might be easier than the tile way of doing it for the properties - I was going to try having each one with a different property in a different background image, so that there could be different kinds of tiles placed on the same collision layer. I figured that under most conditions something like an arrow would always stop at a corner object or like if you were a level up the corner object wouldn't even be in the trajectory.

Otherwise the tile checking is simple in that for y movement when I am moving 1 pixel up/down, I check the left/right sides or those top/bottom points knowing that at most I can only be over two tiles on a 16 x 16 grid (and those tiles occupy a whole 16 x 16 cell space). It kind of looks like this (where line_v for y-movement is either -3 or +3 which is the top-bottom y value of the bounding box, and absv_x is the absolute value of the x-movement speed):
Code: [Select]
        disp_a = tile_layer_find(2000000,x - 7,y + line_v);
        disp_b = tile_layer_find(2000000,x + 6,y + line_v);
        if (disp_a || disp_b){
          y -= move_v;
          if (disp_a && disp_b){
            if (!absv_x){
              step_y = 0;
              break;
            }
          }
          else if (!absv_x){
            if (disp_a){
              if (x > tile_get_x(disp_a) + 16)
                x += 1;
            }
            else if (disp_b){
              if (x < tile_get_x(disp_b))
                x -= 1;
            }
          }
        }

But yeah, your way is probably better handled that it doesn't end up relying on making the programmer keep track of different background images and what they mean (or rather that there would be a lot of small background files with like just one tile in them).
« Reply #692 on: November 14, 2010, 10:14:35 am »
The collision data I refer to is somehow using GM's collision_rectangle function for checks. Have the rectangle shape data within the room binary file read in, and then checking against those values. I'm not too sure how it would turn out, but I figure it's worth a try.

I have been considering a solution for some code I am working on that uses a specific tile layer for simple walls, and then keeping everything that can be corner-cut around as objects.

Sounds interesting, exactly how are you using the layer?

I would still be using built-in functions, the question would be how fast / possible would it be? Overall, there just has to be a more flexible and easier way.

I came to a somewhat simular conclusion. It seems far more efficient and user friendly then using objects for every collision option. When checking for a collision gamemaker generally checks collisions against all other presently active objects. In my game about 70-80% of the ingame objects could be cut away by this new method. So combining those two leads me to believe collision checking elsewhere should become quite a bit more efficient as well. I see no drawbacks.
« Reply #693 on: November 14, 2010, 01:39:13 pm »
While I mentioned something to the effect of maps and arrays earlier, I looked even more into it and realized that I didn't know how to do what you did unless you like read in stuff from a file or had some exotic type of data structure (the registered version has data structures, but made it seem like you couldn't do a list of lists or anything). Anyway, I also figured out that the simple backgrounds I mentioned as a drawback to tile use can use more than the tile_get_background function to figure out what the tile is from, but also you can use tile_get_left and tile_get_top to figure out where on the tilesheet your tile is from.

If I am thinking about that right, all the simple objects I had for things like ice, holes, level transitions, and some of the stuff Niek had like water and shore, things like grass and swamp - I can probably reduce the number of instances by a !@#$% ton. I rewrote that tile checking code into an improved function that I think I can use to further reduce the complexity of my later collision_line checks for parObstacle objects (since simple walls are just tiles, there are less possibilities the collision_line checks will have to do, and with instance deactivation as well, there really isn't going to be all that much to do). Well it mostly hinges on tile_layer_find and reducing its complexity but I think I will have done that as much as possible, as well as reducing the complexities of other things.

Also sorry about going a little off-topic in terms of what I am coding rather than talking specifically about your project. Although I took your statements about reducing the number of wall objects as a challenge; speaking of though, I can see your method working really well in a dungeon. The sprites and level design are awesome; even switching from Minish Cap to FSA Link was cool because it fit the style better.

DJvenom

super-sage
« Reply #694 on: November 15, 2010, 06:23:28 am »
  • Colbydude was here.
Wow, I am officially amazed!  :o

How long it took you to make this lol?  XD  :huh:
Like 4 minutes :P It's a simple edit
I do art
I ermmm... DID do art
I do art

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #695 on: November 16, 2010, 08:23:06 pm »
I've seen the Gohma sprite (Or version 1 of it. Or may not even be used. I dunno) on GMC and I have to say that is pretty damn awesome!

Well done to whoever did it though
  • Phoenix Heart

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #696 on: November 16, 2010, 08:35:26 pm »
  • .越//
I've seen the Gohma sprite (Or version 1 of it. Or may not even be used. I dunno) on GMC and I have to say that is pretty damn awesome!

Well done to whoever did it though

if you would have read the PotM Interview

...darklink45 - Great spriter, if you didn't know already. He has thrown in
some excellent original enemy sprites. As well as some other miscellaneous
work. I promise you, his Queen Ghoma sprite will knock you off your feet.

;)

edit: wait O.o since when there is a screen of our Ghoma released?!
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 08:39:12 pm by dotyue »

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

Minish Cap Beta:Firerod Icon, Majoras Mask:ChuChu, Ocarina of Time:Gossip Stone, Oracle Series:Link plays the "Herpes of Ages", Impa, Wand Maker: HUD
~GB-Zelda Style~
Ocarina of Time: Deku Caca
~Other~
Paper Mario Style Zelda&Link, Tetra Trackers HUD-Cleanups

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #697 on: November 16, 2010, 09:09:40 pm »
Find Ethelon on GMC and you'll find out
  • Phoenix Heart
« Reply #698 on: November 16, 2010, 09:27:04 pm »
Now I've finished my exams and stuff I was going to get back into writing some music for this. However, I have no idea what style I should be aiming for. Which do you think would be better:
Full orchestration - like WW and TP
GBA style music - for example, Minish Cap quality sounds

I'd say GBA style myself, as it fits the graphics more. Then I've got the other problem - do I replicate the original OOT music exactly in the chosen style, or rearrange them while still keeping the main melodies?
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #699 on: November 16, 2010, 09:52:27 pm »
  • .越//
Now I've finished my exams and stuff I was going to get back into writing some music for this. However, I have no idea what style I should be aiming for. Which do you think would be better:
Full orchestration - like WW and TP
GBA style music - for example, Minish Cap quality sounds

I'd say GBA style myself, as it fits the graphics more. Then I've got the other problem - do I replicate the original OOT music exactly in the chosen style, or rearrange them while still keeping the main melodies?

i would say too... since if we would want like fsa, orchestral we could use ZREO's Sounds... and gameboy advance has some cool sound style

Find Ethelon on GMC and you'll find out
post link pls since I'm pretty sure the ghoma is unreleased ^^

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

Minish Cap Beta:Firerod Icon, Majoras Mask:ChuChu, Ocarina of Time:Gossip Stone, Oracle Series:Link plays the "Herpes of Ages", Impa, Wand Maker: HUD
~GB-Zelda Style~
Ocarina of Time: Deku Caca
~Other~
Paper Mario Style Zelda&Link, Tetra Trackers HUD-Cleanups

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 39   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 78 queries.