Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Vectors!  (Read 1456 times)

Vectors!
« on: July 04, 2009, 09:26:57 am »
Well the other day I decided to try my hand at vectoring a couple of things. I started with an image of the fruity loops pepper and just traced over the top for the first one. Turned out pretty well, I think:

and more recently, today, I decided to stuff around and make a flame. then for no reason, decided to make some ice crystals and stick them behind:

and yep, using that one as my avvy now :D

I did do a little post processing of the images on photoshop, mainly just adding a slight glow to them.

Updated - added wind and earth.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2009, 02:30:32 pm by Darklight »
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.
Re: Vectors!
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2009, 10:22:29 am »
For first Vectors they are quite impressive, although glow effects can be achieved without the need for photoshop also. What program were these created in?
  • Elliott Parkinson
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2009, 10:34:17 am »
For first Vectors they are quite impressive, although glow effects can be achieved without the need for photoshop also. What program were these created in?
I used illustrator. I didn't know you could make glows without photoshop, I just stuck with what I knew.
Thanks for the praise :).
My sister also gave me a neat idea, to turn the fire/ice one into an elemental combination. I might actually give that a go.
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2009, 01:47:37 pm »
I used illustrator. I didn't know you could make glows without photoshop, I just stuck with what I knew.
My sister also gave me a neat idea, to turn the fire/ice one into an elemental combination. I might actually give that a go.

That might be a good idea yes. As for how to add a glow, you should be able to create  a shape with a radial gradient, which has a bright centre and a transparent edge, make the centre partially transparent and you have created your glow.

For a shadow type glow behind the image simply copy the entire image and merge all the paths, once done add a blur to it, make it partially transparent and slightly bigger than the original, then put it behind the image.
  • Elliott Parkinson
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2009, 02:30:57 pm »

That might be a good idea yes. As for how to add a glow, you should be able to create  a shape with a radial gradient, which has a bright centre and a transparent edge, make the centre partially transparent and you have created your glow.

For a shadow type glow behind the image simply copy the entire image and merge all the paths, once done add a blur to it, make it partially transparent and slightly bigger than the original, then put it behind the image.
ah yes, I suppose it could be done that way. But I still prefer photoshop for when I'm rasterizing a vector.
also, updated it.
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2009, 04:06:32 pm »
  • Oh.
content removed by moderator

Spam, flaming
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 04:54:55 pm by Shefali »
Hm.
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2009, 04:55:29 pm »
  • 虫めづる姫君
Downsider, that post was not necessary.
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2009, 04:59:21 pm »
  • Oh.
Okay  :)
Hm.
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2009, 05:12:45 pm »
Those vectors look really great of those elemental vectors I think I like the first one better. The graphic style looks simple (I'm not saying it is simple to make) and the vector with only fire and ice is less crowded, which I think is a lot better then with 4 elements together. Maybe you could make a separate vector for the wind/wood. Oh and another element to think about could be Lightning.

That is if you are still continuing. These look great already.

PS: Maybe it is my personal preference, but I would represent the Earth element with rocks or sand. When I see a plant it reminds me more of a wood element.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.123 seconds with 53 queries.

anything