Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Random thought  (Read 2158 times)

Dayjo

shut the fuck up donny.
Re: Random thought
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2006, 12:52:11 am »
  • hungry..
Bias in News is one of the subjects I have to write about in one of my exams. Particularly Broadcast News.
I do have to agree with Helios, but I'm not going to argue with possum, because as Helios said... it's impossible.

From what I'VE seen, I'll agree with Helios entirely, I feel that news barely ever shows the Iraq people and how they feel about the war. You see only two sides, "The Bad Guys" and "The Good Guys".. oh, and that's not bias at all is it?

You don't ever seem to see the normal Iraqi families  who the war really effects, talking about how they feel, you just see American troops picking up a few old dears and helping them escape while shooting at some rebels (the "bad guys" from the western society's oppinion). I'm not saying that the Soldiers aren't doing a good job, they're only doing what they're told. It's the causes that are wrong in my oppinion. And I think that the incredible amount of bias within the News, doesn't help the oppinions of the public. Not just throughout generally Western / Eastern News bias however, but specifically British news, American news, Europen news... each have their own agendas (which indeed may be political, and even put across by the government), and because of this, we don't all get to see the same thing, we don't all get to see the whole story, we just see and read what 'they' want us to read.

This is where Leaks come in. When photographs of American soldiers abusing Iraqi people get leaked to the public, there are going to be stories that seem to go deep into the matter so you think you know whats going on, but the amount of editing that goes on to the story just doesn't allow us enough information to form a valid idea of what's actually happened.
I have to say though possum, yes the soldiers have done a good job in saving lots of lives, but as Helios said, the death rate is so high, I can't say that the situation is Worse (now Saddam has gone), but it's certainly not better for the whole of Iraq.

ooh badly formatted, poor grammar and some bad spelling, although its 2am and i'm as tired as a dead ox.
  • My Blog
Re: Random thought
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2006, 02:25:48 am »
  • Who's your favorite possum?
I have to say though possum, yes the soldiers have done a good job in saving lots of lives, but as Helios said, the death rate is so high, I can't say that the situation is Worse (now Saddam has gone), but it's certainly not better for the whole of Iraq.
So it's not worse, but it's not better?  The very few stories that we hear about American soldiers killing innocents in Iraq are usually incorrect and/or accidental (again, the other side plays dirty), but there are a few instances where innocents are killed.  For the most part, it's Iraqi "bad guys" (I love that phrase) killing innocent Iraqis, and Iraqi "bad guys" killing American and British "good guys".

Sure Iraq is unstable, but what do you think we're trying to do?

This is where Leaks come in. When photographs of American soldiers abusing Iraqi people get leaked to the public, there are going to be stories that seem to go deep into the matter so you think you know whats going on, but the amount of editing that goes on to the story just doesn't allow us enough information to form a valid idea of what's actually happened.
The sick people who torture POWs (probably what you're reffering to) are charged as criminals and have/will recieve their punishment from the American legal system.  With that said.. may they rot in hell. ;)

Not just throughout generally Western / Eastern News bias however, but specifically British news, American news, Europen news... each have their own agendas (which indeed may be political, and even put across by the government), and because of this, we don't all get to see the same thing, we don't all get to see the whole story, we just see and read what 'they' want us to read.
It's not too difficult to get objective news.  All you need to do, is study up from three or four sources, then go to official documents and reports on the matter.  IE. the 9/11 commission (it's a good read, for anyone who's considering it).

You don't ever seem to see the normal Iraqi families  who the war really effects, talking about how they feel
I see interviews with them all the time.  I've seen before/after interviews where they originally took the stance that Saddam was a great leader, and after his downfall they suddenly make a 180.  You see stuff like this all the time, and I'd reccomend using google for this one :)

From what I'VE seen, I'll agree with Helios entirely, I feel that news barely ever shows the Iraq people and how they feel about the war.
Yes, they're usually focusing on terrorism, car bombs, and terrorist groups killing their own people which is obviously President Bush's fault.

I mean, we have liberals like George Clooney who are against the war in Iraq, but wants us to send troops to Darfur?  There is GENOCIDE going on there.  Trust me, I'd love to help out Africa, but thanks to his own political agenda, it can't happen.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 37 queries.

anything