ZFGC CP > King of Thieves

Demo 2!

(1/10) > >>

MG-Zero:
HERE WE GO!!

https://github.com/ZFGCCP/kot-mono/releases/tag/Demo2.1

Hope you all enjoy!  It's a brief demo as last time, but should have some noticeable improvements.

In particular, controls have been changed to the following:

WASD: move
Space: sword
Left Arrow: item 1
Up Arrow: Action/talk/roll
C: Scroll text(got lazy, forgot to change this one)

you should also see a performance gain if you had a low framerate in the last demo.  You can check out the framerate for update and draw by pressing the B key.

So please give some feedback on what you find/like/hate!  Any bugs you find, tiling errors, game crashes, performance issues etc.  Don't go easy on us, we want to knock out everything we can!

As a final note, please remember the demo content doesn't have anything to do with the game's overall story.  You will be within the Castle town and you will also see some NPCs that will be in the final game.  But the task at hand is unrelated.  There are a total of 6 things for you to kill (7 counting the boss), so that should help you get started!

EDIT: Should also mention there is currently no game over or restart screen.  So when you die, or when the demo is over, the game will exit.

EDIT2: issues fixed:
various tiling errors
no collision after vaulting over wall
sword can be used indoors now
player cannot walk while textboxes are open
right arrow no longer shoots an arrow

pxl_moon (dotyue):
first!  :P

doesnt work for me (Windows 7, 64-Bit)
i tried compability mode and admin rights, always the same

the fonts are installed

4ndaKava:
I didn't have much time to test this morning but in 5 minutes the game broke three times >:( You can walk on many tiles where you shouldn't be able to walk like the river.
The bridge over the town shoul be retiled somehow so the player know that he can walk under it (at first I didn't realize that it was in a higher area). When walking into a house
(somewhere in the "rich" section of the town) the screen goes black. When pressing the right arrow the game crashes.  And somehow everything looks mixed up like it is not ment to be together. Maybe there should be some shading to change this.
However I like the demo all in all. I just wanted to point out what you should improve. I would really like to play a bugfixed version. :)

TomPel:
Well, in the intro if you keep hitting enter long enough and fast enough, the game crashes.
When you kill a snake under the bridge, the dying animation goes over the bridge.
I somehow got the player to get stuck on one animation loop. (something to do with spin attack I presume?)
Ingo says I killed all the snakes when it's pretty clear I didn't. : D
Annoyingly often when I go inside a house the camera suddenly loses the player. Sometimes you might get out, but many times the doorway didn't trigger the event of the player switching rooms.
The player can't swing his sword indoors while touching/being near a furniture. The game just kinda crashes.
I could jump over a wall when I just walked towards it downwards. : D
When I charge my sword the sword just vanishes.
One time the intro speech didn't continue and the man speaking didn't disappear. He just got stuck in his "got item" sprite. And when you hit him, you just get electrocuted.
Many many many cases of me being under or over objects I'm clearly not supposed to be able to.

All this I found while playing for about 15 minutes max. And I'm positive if I would've used more time I would've found double the amount.
Oh, and his facing while walking is still odd. He should always face the way you first press on your keyboard when walking diagonally.

After killing the snakes I was pretty lost on what to do. I presumed I would get the fairy dust from Ingo's shop, but I guess I was wrong or I'm doing something wrong.

Loads of stuff to fix, but it's a decent base I guess.

MG-Zero:

--- Quote from: TomPel on February 13, 2016, 12:44:59 pm ---Well, in the intro if you keep hitting enter long enough and fast enough, the game crashes.
When you kill a snake under the bridge, the dying animation goes over the bridge.
I somehow got the player to get stuck on one animation loop. (something to do with spin attack I presume?)
Ingo says I killed all the snakes when it's pretty clear I didn't. : D
Annoyingly often when I go inside a house the camera suddenly loses the player. Sometimes you might get out, but many times the doorway didn't trigger the event of the player switching rooms.
The player can't swing his sword indoors while touching/being near a furniture. The game just kinda crashes.
I could jump over a wall when I just walked towards it downwards. : D
When I charge my sword the sword just vanishes.
One time the intro speech didn't continue and the man speaking didn't disappear. He just got stuck in his "got item" sprite. And when you hit him, you just get electrocuted.
Many many many cases of me being under or over objects I'm clearly not supposed to be able to.

All this I found while playing for about 15 minutes max. And I'm positive if I would've used more time I would've found double the amount.
Oh, and his facing while walking is still odd. He should always face the way you first press on your keyboard when walking diagonally.

After killing the snakes I was pretty lost on what to do. I presumed I would get the fairy dust from Ingo's shop, but I guess I was wrong or I'm doing something wrong.

Loads of stuff to fix, but it's a decent base I guess.

--- End quote ---

Lets see what we got here...

1. The intro as in the title screen, or the opening dialog?
2. Noted
3. Probably, the spin attack isn't complete yet.  I forgot to remove it since it fell off my radar.
4. How many did you kill? EDIT: Oh, I see in your screenshot!  Very strange.  Noted!
5. Hmm, did this happen in any particular houses or was it kind of random?
6. noted! Think I know whats causing this actually
7. This is intended, it's the wall vault feature ;) Although I suppose having some additional input on it would be beneficial so you don't just auto jump
8. see number 3
9. Interesting..any other buttons you pressed besides C during his dialog?
10. Probably tiling errors.  Can you get me a few examples?

Also, in your last screenshot, you are on the right track!  You've just got to look around the shop a bit ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Go to full version