Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I posted a similar topic earlier...  (Read 1658 times)

I posted a similar topic earlier...
« on: June 29, 2006, 03:58:50 am »
  • Who's your favorite possum?
...but no one took it seriously.  All I want to know is if you dislike me and why.  No poll, because I want reasons.

I'll start us off.  I dislike myself because I'm quite stupid really.  I can use logic, but I'm afraid to take risks, and I lost all my friends, because I'm too "depressing", I cried every day for a year, because I'm a self-absorbed pessimist, and I have it much better than I deserve.  All my friends have eventually turned against me, because I'm a bit of an emotional idiot ^_^

So please, I'm listening (and don't lock this topic, mods). :)
Re: I posted a similar topic earlier...
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2006, 04:00:40 am »
  • MEOW
Um I don't know you that well but I like you alot because you are funny and you are real smart, especially in topics where people are arguing. You're like me, we point out both sides and let people decide for themselves sorta, ya know?
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2006, 04:07:12 am »
We've talked about this before possum. Don't be so hard on yourself man. You're awesome.

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2006, 06:06:34 am »
You're awesome dude.  Trust me, fan hasn't forgot you.  ;)
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2006, 06:14:27 am »
Man, you're awsome. Everyone's hard on themselves in some way or another, don't worry about it.
Just pass it off as "that's life".

Just stop doubting yourself, I <3 POSSY!!! (subliminal message :D)
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2006, 06:35:16 am »
You should know better to confide yourself to words.  Calling yourself "stupid" and "depressing" only keeps you in that state of being.  Also, every human comes to terms with a certain fact at least at some part of his or her life: humans are illogical.  Love, sacrifice, and anything that goes beyond the self besides procreation is illogical.  The things that risk the social, physical, or mental-emotional well-being of an individual are just that: risks.  You can either take them or not.  But, to not take them is to not know.  And that is the logicality behind life.  The acceptance of the illogical is a fundamental logic law. 

You must also ask yourself the question, did your friends turn away from you, or did you turn away from your friends?  You are not a self-absorbed pessimist, you just think you are because your feel alone.  And that in itself is crap.  I know for a fact that you have more friends than me this summer because I have not seen, talked to, or been with anyone else this summer.  I have not talked for seventy-two hours, not even to myself, well besides in my mind.  With all that in mind, I know that there is a high probability, no a definite fact that you have done more than me. 

Did you ever stop and think that maybe you should not worry about the confidence in yourself to know people, but that you should like the people who take the confidence to know you?  In case you have not noticed, there are others with problems too.  Some are lesser, some are the same, and some are greater.  You have to remember that this is all the same struggle and that peoples' scales of their problems are all relative.  How would you feel if a starving Ethiopian or a amputated genocide victim were looking at you right now?  Do you think that they would belittle you?  The answer is no.  In fact anyone who would is an idiot.  So, what I am trying to say is do not belittle yourself.

Gilgamesh

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2006, 12:56:26 pm »
You suck ass.

Dayjo

shut the fuck up donny.
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2006, 01:31:56 pm »
  • hungry..
Nothing wrong with a bit of ass sucking...

<_<

Anyway Possum, you know we all like you, no reason to think otherwise.
  • My Blog
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2006, 02:58:11 pm »
  • Who's your favorite possum?
In case you have not noticed, there are others with problems too.
Yeah, which is why I didn't try to make this topic about "Why my life sucks more than everyone's ever!", because it simply wouldn't be true.  And that's part of the thing I hate about myself, is I always tend to be so self-absobed and ungrateful, even though I know there are so many that have it worse than I.  This is something that I AM working on.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2006, 03:00:10 pm by 2awesome4apossum »

Gilgamesh

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2006, 03:10:15 pm »
Attention freak.

Pyru

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2006, 06:52:02 pm »
You're an over-conservative, vaguely hypocritical Christian who tends to believe that beacuse Christians are more prominent than other religions, it is more important?

<_< >_>

tippz

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2006, 07:32:26 pm »
You're an over-conservative, vaguely hypocritical Christian who tends to believe that beacuse Christians are more prominent than other religions, it is more important?

<_< >_>

Thinking christianity is more prominant than other religions isn't really a belief it is a fact...
roughly   33% of the world is christian (2.1 billion)
              21% Islam (1.3 billion)
              16% has no religion (1.1 billion)
              14% Hinduism (900 million)
the rest of the world religions are under 10% of the world's population...

Anyway, I think that you are the opposite of that possum. If someone posted that description I would never associate it with you.

Pyru

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2006, 07:38:51 pm »
Thinking christianity is more prominant than other religions isn't really a belief it is a fact...

I didn't say that the prominence was a belief, but that prominence = importance was a belief.

aab

^ Evolved from a Hobbit
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2006, 08:32:00 pm »
And you even said that the prominence was a fact lol.

Yeah, which is why I didn't try to make this topic about "Why my life sucks more than everyone's ever!", because it simply wouldn't be true.  And that's part of the thing I hate about myself, is I always tend to be so self-absobed and ungrateful, even though I know there are so many that have it worse than I.  This is something that I AM working on.
Possum, there is no human who doesnt do that.
When someones friend, or parents, or a relative die, they would care so much more than if a thousand people died that day in africa, or 20 people were shot in the USA ... In fact, they would even care at all!

I believe we are all hedonistic bastards on some level of sub conciousness, and i dont care.
To aknowledge such a component of yourself, and worry about it, makes you a better person in the eyes of the christian church than most people who avoid or are consciously ignorant such things.

hmm ... The way you describe yourself in your first post Possum, is like Faye on the comic Questionable Content! (Pushing people away by acting weird etc.)
I believe If someone sticks around with you for long enough, for whatever reason (It will happen at some point, through job, education or some server your frequent around), they would see through any irrational or invariant emotional bursts and accept and grow to care about you with time: It times of reasoning you could ensure this result, yeh?

If your pessimistic in the way that you seem, i can't see there being much difference if i was to reassure you to be more optimistic, however to attempt to be more optimistic, to take blind risks and hold on strong, despite any fears, and to try, can only improve any chances you have of overcoming the saddness you have in who you are, in the long run.
You think logically, but feel arbitrarily at times; Which you act on is something difficult to control - But you have years to age, and time to practice and grow into being able to control that. Unless you think so in your logical mind, how can you continue?

People here like you, and that is that.
We accept any occasional flutters you present, weep when you leave, and rejoice when you return.
That is you over long term, and you will find people to accept you in that way, in your local life. This of course, will also be something that requires time.

I ♥ Sol
.... I ♥ Sol ? wtf how long has that been there? >_> *rrrrrrrrar*
  • MySpace

tippz

« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2006, 03:09:53 pm »

I didn't say that the prominence was a belief, but that prominence = importance was a belief.

sorry, read it wrong
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 63 queries.

anything