Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New mockup TP by Link 57  (Read 3233 times)

New mockup TP by Link 57
« on: January 28, 2007, 01:40:17 am »
Hi every body. Here my new mockup TP 2D :

Everything is custom. Not for use ! ;D
Re: New mockup TP by Link 57
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2007, 01:41:57 am »
  • Back again.
Not bad! ;D
Just kinda moseying along.
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2007, 01:47:55 am »
Looks pretty good, the only thing I dislike about it is the gradient on the Items/Map font. Not sure why, it just looks out of place.
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Kirby, metallica48423, Max, Vash, walnut100

Ryan

The only Canadian?
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2007, 01:55:23 am »
Hey very nice. Good Job!
  • Likes to Ramble
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2007, 01:58:48 am »
its okay considering its custom graphics, but I still have a few crits

brown, why is everything so brown? it doesn't make things look more realistic or anything, it just makes everything look brown and boring, 2d games are beautiful because hue shifts make sense in them, so shift em

pillow shading, I can see pretty much everywhere that you pillow shaded (things getting darker towards the outlines) the hud is probably the most apparent example, but the rocks/cliffs/bridge too.. I can't really be bothered going into great detail.. basically don't shade so it gets gradually darker towards the outline, just shade how you would if you were colouring down on paper
and remember to keep a light source in mind

perspective on the cliffs looks wierd, like they could be a road pretty much, you need to give the illusion of depth by shading them darker towards the bottom

the grass tile, cmon man you just spray-painted two colours

also, the flowers infront of the big rock look out of place
« Last Edit: January 28, 2007, 02:06:56 am by .TakaM »
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2007, 02:21:21 am »
It's okay... Good, considering everything there is custom... However, there are some stuff I think I should point at, but really can't tell how to correct since I'm quite far from being an expert on graphics...
1. The letters and gradients on "Items" and "Map" look like menus from crappy soccer games from the SNES...
2. The Items and Map + Symbol, doesn't really looks well... It's not very "+" shaped and the arrows inside it could be better...
3. The details on the rock walls are so exaggerated... it's hard to compare it to the water... looking at the exaggerated details on the walls, makes me think that water is ice...
4. According to this funny moment from VGcats, reality is brown, everything real is brown, look at all those "AMAGAD! GRAPHECS!" games on X360 and PS3: no brown - no real. However, that just applies to 3d games...
On 2d, it's another thing... 2D games are meant to be a nice-looking festival of colors (look at Golden Sun, Sword of Mana, Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, Minish Cap and much more...), nor was Twilight Princess that much brown.

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2007, 09:26:29 am »
  • .越//
how good for you that TP released is, even when that place is on the e3 demo and the trailers

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

Minish Cap Beta:Firerod Icon, Majoras Mask:ChuChu, Ocarina of Time:Gossip Stone, Oracle Series:Link plays the "Herpes of Ages", Impa, Wand Maker: HUD
~GB-Zelda Style~
Ocarina of Time: Deku Caca
~Other~
Paper Mario Style Zelda&Link, Tetra Trackers HUD-Cleanups

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2007, 01:57:21 pm »
how good for you that TP released is, even when that place is on the e3 demo and the trailers

Excuse me, but what the hell are you talking about?
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2007, 04:48:37 pm »
  • Your expression has changed too
brown, why is everything so brown? it doesn't make things look more realistic or anything, it just makes everything look brown and boring, 2d games are beautiful because hue shifts make sense in them, so shift em
Havent you heard? Brown is next gen. Anyways, it's pretty good, but the angle looks wierd, and I agree with TakaM in that brown is boring. Is it suposed to be Kakariko Village, because thats the only place with people that I remember being brown.
Ghoster Poster
  • I have a Twitter if you're into that kinda thing

Source

Internet Tough Guy.
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2007, 06:18:27 pm »
  • Things to see and people to do.
It's Ordon. I'd remember that bridge (and Rusl) anywhere. Anyway, yeah, it's WAY too brown. Ordon in TP was much more green.
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone thought to themselves "You know, I really want to set those people over there on fire." - George Carlin

(!@#$%)

Hear the haunting words (They'll find you alone)
lost children with no heart are crying (Turning their hearts into stone)
and you're the lost mother they're calling
Go now, run and hide (seek more than vengeance)
I hear them crying at night (your pain is their satisfaction)
outside when the planets are falling (for the rest of time)
They want to feel and know you hear them (Go now, run and hide)

• http://giantcock.netne.net/
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2007, 06:37:34 pm »
  • *whistle*
Havent you heard? Brown is next gen. Anyways, it's pretty good, but the angle looks wierd, and I agree with TakaM in that brown is boring. Is it suposed to be Kakariko Village, because thats the only place with people that I remember being brown.

Hah, I was waiting until someone mentioned that comic...

Well, Takam, most of the TP pallet is... brown. You wouldn't criticise a WW 2D mockup for using a lot of primary colours, would you? This is pretty much the same, unfortunately.
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2007, 06:41:37 pm »
What? Read my post again, please.
And TP's pallet is far from being mostly brown, at least, I don't play it for some time and what I better remember is the Overworld, which rules.
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2007, 10:34:08 pm »
thats pretty good I like the Rusl and Link sprites
  • https://colbydude.com
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2007, 02:01:34 am »

Well, Takam, most of the TP pallet is... brown. You wouldn't criticise a WW 2D mockup for using a lot of primary colours, would you? This is pretty much the same, unfortunately.
no. its not that brown, kakariko perhaps, definetly not ordon.. or anywhere else in the game really
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2007, 02:27:08 am »
I know that atleast some of those sprites were made by joker14(I might have the numbers wrong) take the Link for example, he had a front view of that Link in his avy for so long. And no offense, but Link57 you have tried to fool us with sprites before.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 64 queries.