Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: ZFGC?  (Read 5011 times)

Ryan

The only Canadian?
Re: ZFGC?
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2008, 05:41:19 am »
There, I made Ali put it back.

He was like oh shi- I didn't think of that.

>_>
  • Likes to Ramble
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2008, 05:41:39 am »
*screams*

SMF has no system of 'root' administrator. Unless you make a secondary group lacking full admin status. The *first* registered user has no more powers then any other administrator.

With that said, it's a theme issue, and could most likely be fixed by going into the theme settings. The copyright information can still be viewed in the source, which most likely means the HTML code is preventing it from being displayed properly.

It could be unintentional.
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Kirby, metallica48423, Max, Vash, walnut100
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2008, 04:08:48 pm »
  • Super Hero Time!
lol zfgc.org
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2008, 04:19:27 pm »
  • Lionfish App dev
The original zfgc.org is open for viewing purposes at http://zfgc.wanilla.net/. Otherwise, zConnection is the future of that site, and anything like this is a retrogression.
  • Lionfish Apps
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2008, 04:33:22 pm »
  • Super Hero Time!
I just went there and wow... what a failed attempt at .com.

Even have the old member buttons.

CrystalAngel04

Resident ZFGC female
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2008, 04:54:10 pm »
  • \\*Caution*\\ The Internets: May contain Women
This makes me sad... seriously... The ZFGC spin offs are just methods of people who feel disillusioned with the current leadership here and rather themselves be in charge. It sits on a base of possibly disgruntled members and those who wish for some sort of power on a forum... That is by no means a stable base. The original ZFGC was brought together through OoT2d and a love of Zelda/ fan game creation. It's held together by that common link making us a true community. I at least give props to zConnection for taking that extra step in creating their own purpose and means of binding together their own community.

Carve your own niche out of the internet, not so blatantly steal from one that already exists just because you're a little unhappy with what you see.

I know this sounds a little angry but these lil spin offs are annoying...
  • -= Crystal Angel Creations =-
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2008, 05:03:09 pm »
  • 虫めづる姫君
This makes me sad... seriously... The ZFGC spin offs are just methods of people who feel disillusioned with the current leadership here and rather themselves be in charge. It sits on a base of possibly disgruntled members and those who wish for some sort of power on a forum... That is by no means a stable base. The original ZFGC was brought together through OoT2d and a love of Zelda/ fan game creation. It's held together by that common link making us a true community. I at least give props to zConnection for taking that extra step in creating their own purpose and means of binding together their own community.

Carve your own niche out of the internet, not so blatantly steal from one that already exists just because you're a little unhappy with what you see.

I have to say I agree completely.
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2008, 05:04:33 pm »
  • Super Hero Time!

Oh you women have a way with words. :P

This.

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2008, 05:20:17 pm »
  • b e p i s

One of the wisest posts I've seen in a long time.

A lot of these places seem to be formed by ZFGC "exiles" or people who are banned or leave because of internet drama. I agree with CA that most of these are poor copies of ZFGC. Again, there is no magic formula to return to the "golden years" or whatever the !@#$% you call it; it's all about the tightness of the community, and stuff like this tends to weaken it.
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2008, 03:41:25 am »
  • Silly cat!
What the hell is ZFGC.org? What the hell is zConnection? What are all of these things? WHY ARE YOU ALL SO WEIRD?

Also, can I have a link to zConnection. I wanna see it.

Hoffy.
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2008, 03:42:06 am »
What the hell is ZFGC.org? What the hell is zConnection? What are all of these things? WHY ARE YOU ALL SO WEIRD?

http://zconnect.org/
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2008, 03:43:33 am »
  • 虫めづる姫君

The link is at the top of the page Moldorma posted. http://zfgc.wanilla.net/ -> http://zconnect.org.uk/

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2008, 03:46:01 am »
  • Silly cat!
Oh wow. I must've been somewhere else during this era of ZFGC history O_o. I was probably at DSR.

And yeah, I agree that this ZFGC.org thing seems kind of stupid. zConnection seems okay because it's kind of a different community, but otherwise I don't like the idea of ZFGC "subforums". If you want to talk about fan games and such, why don't you just discuss and post your fan games here? Too easy.

Hoffy.
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2008, 06:44:46 pm »
*screams*

SMF has no system of 'root' administrator. Unless you make a secondary group lacking full admin status. The *first* registered user has no more powers then any other administrator.
Well, I'm sorry, but I don't have any full experience with SMF, but it's like that in some other BBS systems... or system. Maybe Invision.
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2008, 10:39:00 pm »
  • Lionfish App dev
Hoffy, thanks for checking us out. We're going through some stylistic changes, so ignore things like out-of-place rounded edges. :P
  • Lionfish Apps

Ryan

The only Canadian?
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2008, 04:17:42 am »

http://zconnect.org.uk/forums/index.php
http://zconnect.org.uk/

Whoops, didn't see the third page there.
>_>
Remove this please?
  • Likes to Ramble
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.198 seconds with 65 queries.