Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [GLZelda] Chapters 1 & 2  (Read 1903 times)

[GLZelda] Chapters 1 & 2
« on: March 30, 2012, 02:21:01 am »
  • Minalien
Chapters 1 & 2 of Learning OpenGL through Fan Game Development focus on project setup, conveying the initial game concept, and establishing our project in Xcode 4 and Visual Studio 2010. We will begin building the game as of Chapter 3, where we establish SDL and begin working in a platform-independent manner (where Chapter 2 is largely platform-specific).

PDF Download (Approx. 2.7 MB)
iBooks Download (Approx 9 MB)

EDIT:
Just as a quick note, I didn't actually include linking the SDL lib in the Visual Studio build because that is intended for the next tutorial (as I will also be adding SDLmain, which is handled via lib in VS2010).

Chapters 1 & 2 have been released!

I'm releasing this series in both iBooks and PDF format - if anybody could please test the iBooks version, it would be appreciated. I understand that the majority of the pictures are not present in the PDF version, but please bear in mind that they should be unimportant (the document would be flooded with them if I'd put them in as images instead of galleries) to completing the tutorial, and that future images will only be related to showing in-book shots of the effects being achieved (meaning iBooks users will get more preview images, but there will be no difference beyond that).

However, if users desire all of the images for PDF copies (for these chapters - I'm not going to bother with including extra previews through the rest of the tutorial), I will consider a re-release for PDF copies.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 04:13:12 am by 宇宙人ミン »
There's such a double standard about religion in the modern world. Catholics can gather, wear white robes, and say "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti" and be considered normal.

But if my friends and I gather, wear black robes, and say  "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", we're considered cultists.
  • Development Blog
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.932 seconds with 36 queries.