Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trying to open up my PSP but...  (Read 2366 times)

Re: Trying to open up my PSP but...
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2008, 03:13:47 am »
  • Modrill made the avatar. I command you to like it.
Finally got the PSP open thanks to the screwdriver I borrowed from the engineer guy. I found a nasty crack in the soft strip on top of the metal that keeps the screen in place. When I saw it, I thought maybe the crack was affecting the system somehow (like touching an electric tape and not letting the electricity go through), so I flattened it. Meh, that did nothing. So I kinda decided to just quit for the night and resume once I get out of work tomorrow.

I think I'll remake the memory stick as well.

I shook it to see if something was loose. Hearing against my working PSP, the "bricked" one sounded like something was indeed loose. Plus, Pandora doesn't work on it.

so what, do you even have a soldering gun? Do you even know what you're doing? Don't do it. Plus that faceplate is a !@#$% to get on correctly.

I opened the PSP up just fine without a soldering gun. I didn't need it- I just needed to open the PSP and poke around, not install a modchip or anything ::). I also had no problems with the faceplate.

My Brawl FC is 1289-8196-4511. Don't expect me to be on all the time though.
  • Super Smash Karts

Swoftu

Super Fighting Robot
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2008, 04:41:29 am »
Finally got the PSP open thanks to the screwdriver I borrowed from the engineer guy. I found a nasty crack in the soft strip on top of the metal that keeps the screen in place. When I saw it, I thought maybe the crack was affecting the system somehow (like touching an electric tape and not letting the electricity go through), so I flattened it. Meh, that did nothing. So I kinda decided to just quit for the night and resume once I get out of work tomorrow.

I think I'll remake the memory stick as well.

I shook it to see if something was loose. Hearing against my working PSP, the "bricked" one sounded like something was indeed loose. Plus, Pandora doesn't work on it.

so what, do you even have a soldering gun? Do you even know what you're doing? Don't do it. Plus that faceplate is a !@#$% to get on correctly.

I opened the PSP up just fine without a soldering gun. I didn't need it- I just needed to open the PSP and poke around, not install a modchip or anything ::). I also had no problems with the faceplate.

... I meant fixing your psp with a soldering gun. if something broke inside you'd probably have to solder it together. maybe.
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2008, 02:45:09 pm »
  • Wooper Don't Give a !@#$%
Whoa, walnut. :P Thanks for the tip. I'm going to ask the engineers at my workplace to see if they have anything I can use... Electronic screwdriver though? As in, it rotates on its own?

Eh... Whatever you meant, I'd like to know where you bought your set from! I've wanted to open quite a number of stuff that needs fixing. :D

Nah, I just meant a good set of small screwdrivers. I only use them with electronics, but I use them a lot.
ROLL TIDE WHAT? **** YOU!!! Geaux Tiga

~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Kirby, metallica48423, Max, Vash, walnut100
  • Gamers & Developers Unlimited
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2008, 12:29:09 am »
  • Modrill made the avatar. I command you to like it.
... I meant fixing your psp with a soldering gun. if something broke inside you'd probably have to solder it together. maybe.

Ah, I understand. Well, I hope I don't. O_O I was going to open it up again today buuuuuuut... I feel like playing God of War PSP. >_>

Whoa, walnut. :P Thanks for the tip. I'm going to ask the engineers at my workplace to see if they have anything I can use... Electronic screwdriver though? As in, it rotates on its own?

Eh... Whatever you meant, I'd like to know where you bought your set from! I've wanted to open quite a number of stuff that needs fixing. :D

Nah, I just meant a good set of small screwdrivers. I only use them with electronics, but I use them a lot.

Yeah, I asked the building engineer for a screwdriver that would fit on the PSP's teeny screws. I literally showed him the PSP. He lent me a set of screwdrivers. At first I was skeptical about them since they looked exactly like the ones I used before. Amazing how a good tool can make all the difference.

My Brawl FC is 1289-8196-4511. Don't expect me to be on all the time though.
  • Super Smash Karts
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 46 queries.