Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is there anyway to dump and use saves from a GB/C cartridge?  (Read 691 times)

Nintendo Maniac 64

Not dead, just a lurker
Is there anyway to dump and use saves from a GB/...
« on: June 03, 2007, 06:09:17 pm »
  • ニンテンドーマニアック64
Seeing that I just lost my save data in Pokemon gold (probably from a dead internal battery), is there anyway to dump the (working) saves of a GB/C game and possibly use it in an emulator or something?

EDIT: Oh, being able to write the save back to the cartridge would be useful also.

Kinda offtopic, do GBA games use flash memory for their saves?  Since late N64 games did, I figured GBA games did too.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2007, 06:18:26 pm by Nintendo Maniac 64 »
ZFGC's resident straight-male kuutsundere
(because just "tsundere" makes people think of "Shana clones" *shivers*)

Fate/stay night-related and other extended music loops:
http://www.youtube.com/user/nintendomaniac64

CPU + iGPU: Pentium G3258 @ 4.6GHz/1.281v
RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600
  • My YouTube channel
Re: Is there anyway to dump and use saves from a...
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2007, 10:22:39 pm »
  • w00t
I already made an answer at GBAdev, but I feel I can be a bit more specific here.  At PocketHeaven, in a post made a few days ago concerning nearly the exact same thing, Tepples mentioned the Bung devices, which should be able to do what you want.  However, it would probably be difficult to obtain one.

Note that whenever you put a GBC game into the GBA, it reboots into GBC mode immediately.  I also tried to do this in the past using my GBA, as my Azure Dreams cartridge froze after the opening logos and I wanted to get the save data.  I did once manage to stick the cart in while the GBA BIOS was loading, so it stayed in GBA mode, but my flashing software didn't know what to do with it.

Some GBA games use flash memory, while others use SRAM or EEPROM.  Check http://releases.pocketheaven.com and search for your game to see what type it uses.
What do you mean I need a life?  =P  Hm... Lives... Isn't that something that you get in Super Mario Bros?  You know, those green mushrooms?  That's a life, right?

My one and only fangame, Link Maze, may be viewed at http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=82.0
  • Link Maze - Zelda mini fangame
Re: Is there anyway to dump and use saves from a...
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2007, 09:47:42 pm »
  • Lionfish App dev
I know for a fact that Megaman Battle Network 2 uses battery. :'( Lost my file at the main boss.
  • Lionfish Apps
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 42 queries.