Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need some help with RAID./SATA  (Read 478 times)

Need some help with RAID./SATA
« on: October 15, 2007, 12:04:49 am »
OKay, my newer laptop has some issues.

WHen I got it, the previous owner did not remove the encryption on it.
(No, I did not steal it.  He got my snowmobile for the exchange and he is about 2 hours away)
The only way to reformat the computer was to use Vista.  He no longer had his recovery disks for XP.
Since, I found out it was encrypted, I could not access the recover partition.  He probably thought he swindled me.(He probably stole the laptop...I'm so !@#$% gullable.)  Anyways, I wasn't going to drop
cash for Vista, hence, I used a cracked version my friend had.  So right now it is running Vista 32-bit Ultimate.  Problem is, I did something wrong and I will need to "activate" in 10 days.
I have Windows XP Pro to put on there but it still needs RAID drivers before the whole partitioning and installing part.  If I do not have those, it does not see the hard drive.  It is only one hard drive but the laptop uses some kind of RAID driver for security.  I know how I can get the drivers, but how do I install them?
I've tried but it never sees the hard drive still for setup.
If you are curious the drivers are located at this site:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=1847704&prodTypeId=321957&prodSeriesId=1847703&swLang=8&taskId=135&swEnvOID=1093

Any help?
The drivers I only find are SATA...It must be that.

EDIT
GOD !@#$% DAMNIT!
I need a floppy drive... The laptop does not have one, neither does my desktop.  I also do not have an external one.
!@#$%.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2007, 12:13:16 am by Theforeshadower »
  • Super Fan Gamers!
Re: Need some help with RAID./SATA
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2007, 12:28:42 am »
Nevermind.  I think the problem is fixed.  I was trying to use XP Black on the laptop.  It did not have the drivers but I just tried Endigo and it does.  Problem fixed(Hopefully).

Mods can lock!
  • Super Fan Gamers!
Re: Need some help with RAID./SATA
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2007, 02:27:36 am »
  • w00t
Locked per user request.  PM a mod/admin to unlock.
What do you mean I need a life?  =P  Hm... Lives... Isn't that something that you get in Super Mario Bros?  You know, those green mushrooms?  That's a life, right?

My one and only fangame, Link Maze, may be viewed at http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=82.0
  • Link Maze - Zelda mini fangame
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.324 seconds with 42 queries.

anything