Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Down

Author Topic: What happens after you die?  (Read 27214 times)

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
Re: What happens after you die?
« Reply #140 on: November 06, 2007, 10:20:54 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
I think I figured out the answer to this question...

We rejoin with the overmind, who circles the planet in his invisible mothership. From there we go to planet XNXNXNYaaarrrrp, and we have sex with beautiful 3 armed dog monsters that poop icecream. Fact.
« Reply #141 on: November 09, 2007, 09:47:24 pm »

We rejoin with the overmind, who circles the planet in his invisible mothership. From there we go to planet XNXNXNYaaarrrrp, and we have sex with beautiful 3 armed dog monsters that poop icecream. Fact.
Now I will do everything to stay alive as long as possible! XD

Swoftu

Super Fighting Robot
« Reply #142 on: November 14, 2007, 05:33:13 am »

I prefer Hydralisks and Lurkers.
« Reply #143 on: November 14, 2007, 01:53:55 pm »
  • Master Of Disaster
Well, I can easily answer the question. Life goes on ;P.
I believe that when someone dies, he just stops being. Dies. It's easy for me to accept that.
Well, for now at least. Not sure when I'm older.

.TakaM was here
  • Lumeuni
« Reply #144 on: November 14, 2007, 02:01:30 pm »
...It's this question supposed to have an answer?.
Once you die you die...I mean if something happens after you die you don't know until you are dead...it's confusing.

This is an english website, please speak it.
l0l wut? o_0
« Reply #145 on: November 26, 2007, 07:43:42 am »
  • Unlife is not but a gift.
We all end up finding out. No pun intended. But we can believe whatever we want. It doesn't matter. But someone alive cannot know what happens until that someone dies. Then that someone cannot share the occasion.
"Zechs Reborn."
« Reply #146 on: November 27, 2007, 12:20:56 pm »
Who the heck can answer the topic question?

Are you a dumbass? 10 pages worth of people think they have the answer. Obviously I am just asking for an opinion and not what really happens. You only find out what really happens once you die. >_>
ouch.

I think that people cling to science more not because it is more comforting (If I went for comforting, I would want something that assures eternal happiness) but because it has facts tested repeatedly and majorly aggreaded upon by tested methods whereas you cannot test religion at all.

No, Science has THEORIES that are tested. No Scientific theory is fact. There open for further exploration.
« Reply #147 on: November 28, 2007, 04:41:30 am »
Exactly. A theory is only formed into fact by third-party-perspective. If comfort is what is sought, then think of nature.
"Dying must have survival value, otherwise it wouldn't be part of the Biological process."
"Zechs Reborn."

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #148 on: November 28, 2007, 07:19:01 am »
  • Silly cat!
I imagine life after death is just a big dream that never ends. Kind of like thinking you're still alive and doing things, but you actually don't realise it because you're dreaming.

Nothing's going to happen in your body though. Perhaps the universe will do something to your mind? I don't know.

One things for sure: all religions are wrong.

I'd rather not think about it. This way I can take up the time enjoying life instead of thinking :P.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2007, 07:20:40 am by Hoffy »

Hoffy.
« Reply #149 on: November 28, 2007, 07:41:53 am »
  • Super Hero Time!
You rot in the ground.
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.
« Reply #150 on: November 30, 2007, 11:08:11 am »
The body does. That is a given. The energy within is just transformed into another type of energy. The energy cycle. In which energy cannot be extinguished, just changed.
"Zechs Reborn."

Kyubi

GET ON THE BALL!
« Reply #151 on: December 01, 2007, 09:10:51 pm »
  • :3
And that energy is described in Chinese medicine as chi, so your chi moves somewhere else. Reincarnation much? Although if the chi is changed, then you could become light or fire or electricity. Maybe even gravity! A huge bolt of lightning would be awesome, though. Perhaps reincarnation happens when lightning strikes. Maybe your energy's just transferred down the food chain, thus you're never whole, and never alive again. Yeah, when you die you die.

One thing I don't get is why I'm here, in this body, as this person at this exact time, when I could be another person at any time whatsoever. Why am I only one person? What made me be inside this body? Surely when I die, I'm put into another body or something. Not my person or spirit. But another person that is declared as myself.

So I am me. Another person is another person. Suddenly another person is a me, ie viewing things from a first person perspective, and not being simply interacted with by others. Actually a better way to put it would be this: Everyone but me is people, and I am a person. Being a "person", I view the world through in first person. People are simply the ones you see. Then when you die, another person is born. Your spirit/mind/energy don't go into it, but your "vision" does. So it's a completely different person, but viewing things in first person like you did before you died. It's really hard to explain, but it has to happen. I mean, when you die, it's not like it all goes blank and there's not gonna be any more persons. I mean, 4+ billion years and no-one ever had a first person perspective? Why would I just suddenly come in now?  I also believe this can extend to any life-form.

However I fear this simply comes around by reproduction, which is most likely true. So I just die, never to see again, as it were. We have to die, otherwise you wouldn't naturally fear death. Of course, when you have a child, you don't become one of the people and your baby the person, so perhaps it's the energy from animals eaten that forms the person inside that child. So while after you die your energy is never fully restored, it combines with other fractions of organisms' energy to become one. It's a shame Buddha can't tell us how to be enlightened and realise everything all at once, then we'd know.
Gannon-banned brother.

« Reply #152 on: December 02, 2007, 12:52:11 am »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
If by energy you are referring to what is released in food, and what I need to push against a wall and such, then of course energy is passed on when you die.
It goes to the worms and the maggots, who eat your body, releasing the energy. You know, food webs and all that :P

That doesn't give it a deep or spiritual meaning, it's just something that allows life to go on for everything else, though it does make me want to watch The Lion King again.  If you give any spiritual meaning at all to Energy, then you have to remember pretty much all our energy ultimately comes from the Sun, so by that 'logic' (to use the term loosely), Stars must be some kind of giant...spiritual...sending-out-of...thing...yeah, it falls apart quickly if you ask me XD

*sings*
It's the Circle of Life
And it moves us all
Through despair and hope
Through faith and love
Till we find our place
On the path unwinding
In the Circle
The Circle of Life
« Last Edit: December 02, 2007, 12:58:16 am by TheDarkJay »
« Reply #153 on: December 03, 2007, 10:08:57 pm »
The energy that the body creates in order for it to be active is not the energy I'm talking about. The energy I mean is the 'core' energy. The energy that gives the body 'drive' to create it's source of energy it exist. If you want to know what I'm talking about, rest your arm on a chair back, and dangle it from the elbow. Wait for that tingle to set in, then pay attention. You feel your hand moving, grasping into a fist and releasing. Thats what I mean. That is the energy reacting to the physical position the arm is in. That is the energy released upon death.
"Zechs Reborn."

Swoftu

Super Fighting Robot
« Reply #154 on: December 04, 2007, 05:31:46 am »
The energy that the body creates in order for it to be active is not the energy I'm talking about. The energy I mean is the 'core' energy. The energy that gives the body 'drive' to create it's source of energy it exist. If you want to know what I'm talking about, rest your arm on a chair back, and dangle it from the elbow. Wait for that tingle to set in, then pay attention. You feel your hand moving, grasping into a fist and releasing. Thats what I mean. That is the energy reacting to the physical position the arm is in. That is the energy released upon death.

Adenosine triphosphate?
« Reply #155 on: December 04, 2007, 04:12:12 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)

Adenosine triphosphate?

Hehehehehe, ah scientific answers to pseudo science. Don't you just love them? I'd love to see some evidence of this energy (I say this as a scientific sceptic who is obviously wanting to see evidence), because I can come up with a demonstration which "proves" I am psychic, when really I just use ideomotor.

It's really simple, I just have the person hold a pendant in their hand, and rather than tell them to visualise it spinning without them consciously actually spinning it (which will start it spinning by ideomotor), I just create a build-up and 'lead them' into it, like how most people agree a Ouija board works. Spirits my arse XD
« Reply #156 on: December 06, 2007, 06:34:30 am »
Adenosine triphosphate, Mitochondrial energy.

Some call it 'Chi', some call it 'Spirit'. And when the body dies, taking into account the wast released, the body looses 21 kilograms.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2007, 06:39:47 am by Gustave_The_Steel »
"Zechs Reborn."
« Reply #157 on: December 07, 2007, 05:43:32 am »
What I think:

I think there are two eternal locations: Heaven and Hell; and one temporal location: Purgatory.

Obviously, I believe in God.

Hell is where people go (baptised or not) who knowingly seriously sin against God, but refuse to repent and ask (and accept) God's forgiveness.

Heaven is where people go who are in God's grace-- baptised with no serious sin, or have repented of all serious sin, and have been cleaned from sin.

Purgatory is where people go who are in God's grace, but still have sin. In Purgatory they are purified for their shortcomings and made perfect so they can enter Heaven. Anyone in Purgatory will get to Heaven eventually.

Again, Purgatory being temporal, Heaven and Hell being eternity.
ZFGC Veteran since 2004
« Reply #158 on: December 07, 2007, 09:08:09 am »
  • Issac_Amisov
You rot in the ground.
I'm with you on that one.
« Reply #159 on: December 12, 2007, 06:07:47 am »
  • ๏̯͡๏﴿
Obviously you slowly decay while little bugs start to turn your once human form into mulch.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.148 seconds with 77 queries.

anything