Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: What happens after you die?  (Read 27210 times)

Bustertheheroic

Re: What happens after you die?
« Reply #80 on: September 07, 2007, 02:08:54 am »
I bet that you'd see things you've done in your like in 3rd person.
« Reply #81 on: September 07, 2007, 03:45:06 am »
  • SHOOP DA WOOP
This is IMPOSSIBLE TO FIND OUT.
Theoretically, no it isn't. If a subject was to experience total brain death for a set period of time, and was then resuscitated, It could technically prove different theories. Requiring many people of different backgrounds to volunteer suicide, and the riskiness of fixing brain death... It's improbable, but not impossible.
« Reply #82 on: September 07, 2007, 03:00:13 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
The downside is that the brain can try to fill in 'gaps' in it's memory with whatever it expects to have happened.

People have gone to hell, heaven, Hawaii, Spain, the Moon and more.
« Reply #83 on: September 07, 2007, 07:26:56 pm »
unfortunately, Moldopedoism has no current theory on this mater, So I must think for myself.
If nothing happened, then you'd just enter a sub-reality based off your current state... So you might be dead now and not even realise it. D:
So, basically, you shut down. If we reincarnated, then we'd know it. We'd already be reincarnated. And if we didn't know, it'd be the same as just shutting down... just getting a new image.
,;Sk;,
Moldopedoism DOES have a theory on this. We just have not updated the site. Although I no longer believe in Moldopedoism I will share with you the thoughts. This is also the first time I admit to not believing in the religion I helped make. According to Moldopedoism when you die, you die and thats all there is to say. Unless you die with your Happy Maxed Out! Then you go to the Unoverse to life your afterlife. Probably as a pokemon. That is what Moldopedoists think at least.

[/quote]
Earth is Hell because we don't seek to make it our heaven.
Seconded.

What I was saying earlier about my idea of us becoming something more significant... I have not really thought much about it but here goes,
What if when we die we find out that Earth is meaningless. Or the Universe is meaningless. Think about it, what is the meaning of life? It really does not seem like there is one. The answer to everything? There is no answer to everything. At least not everything we can comprehend. I am sure that everything has a deeper meaning. It can't just be for nothing. All this just to die and find out there is nothing after death and nothing has meaning. This may seem like I am confirming a god of some sorts. As the deeper meaning. Gods and Religion are just made up to try and explain things that have no known explanation. Like what is after death. Religion probably evolved from myths which were created to explain things that we could not explain. Myths nobody believes because now we can explain those things. But many believe religion because it explains things we cannot explain. And back then people had no other explanation for things. So they believed the myths. I don't think we are anywhere close to the time frame where we will understand the sort of things religion explains. I think religions are myths of sorts. I think that when you die then time means nothing and the actual meaning of things are revealed.
« Reply #84 on: September 16, 2007, 06:00:53 am »
  • Don't Worry Sir, I'm From The Internet.
Amen to that. ^^^
Grimace is the demiurge, the creator. From him all things in McDonaldland have sprung. He is not a sin, he's not a menu item, he's just Grimace. He exists. He rolls his lidless eyes and flaps his lipless mouth, formless and terrible, a protean idiot thing from the depths of pre-history.
« Reply #85 on: September 16, 2007, 08:43:28 am »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
The total amount of suffering per year in the natural world is beyond all decent contemplation. During the minute that it takes me to compose this sentence, thousands of animals are being eaten alive, many others are running for their lives, whimpering with fear, others are slowly being devoured from within by rasping parasites, thousands of all kinds are dying of starvation, thirst, and disease. It must be so. If there ever is a time of plenty, this very fact will automatically lead to an increase in the population until the natural state of starvation and misery is restored. In a universe of electrons and selfish genes, blind physical forces and genetic replication, some people are going to get hurt, other people are going to get lucky, and you won't find any rhyme or reason in it, nor any justice. The universe that we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but pitiless indifference.

Swoftu

Super Fighting Robot
« Reply #86 on: September 16, 2007, 03:59:06 pm »
The total amount of suffering per year in the natural world is beyond all decent contemplation. During the minute that it takes me to compose this sentence, thousands of animals are being eaten alive, many others are running for their lives, whimpering with fear, others are slowly being devoured from within by rasping parasites, thousands of all kinds are dying of starvation, thirst, and disease. It must be so. If there ever is a time of plenty, this very fact will automatically lead to an increase in the population until the natural state of starvation and misery is restored. In a universe of electrons and selfish genes, blind physical forces and genetic replication, some people are going to get hurt, other people are going to get lucky, and you won't find any rhyme or reason in it, nor any justice. The universe that we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but pitiless indifference.

I think I've read that somewhere before... dawkins?
« Reply #87 on: September 16, 2007, 07:33:38 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
Yeah, it's a quote from Richard Dawkins. Can't remember where from exactly.
« Reply #88 on: September 16, 2007, 07:53:39 pm »
Amen to that. ^^^

^_^

Now the question is, what is the deeper meaning?

(what you are about to read is a long boring essay on something that the author of the essay does not exactly believe himself.)

First off you would not remember anything of your life. Otherwise you would somehow still be connected spiritually to the Universe and Earth. When you die you are not a person anymore. Not an animal. The deeper meaning could very possibly still live, but not the way humans think of life. It would be more of an importance to life. In this possible after life there would be nothing to see, hear, smell, touch, or taste. Maybe dying awakens some sort of 6th sense.
(i kan c ded peple olo) As I said earlier time would be irrelevant in the after life. Because there is no time nothing can happen in a set order thus diminishing the possibility of fate, at least once you die. Because the belief in fate is that there is already a set order of everything to happen as there has always been. The set order is being carried out. Let's say fate does exist. When you die you might become an author of fate. Without realizing of course. This is one possibility of the deeper meaning. Writing the fate of the universe. Every dead soul; animal, human, alien... Writing this fate. Could there be an end to it? Of course not. But it might eventually lead to the destruction of the Universe. Then what? They would keep writing. And I can't say they would write forever. Because there is no time. Now I doubt this is the deeper meaning. As I type this I realize it can't be so simple. This basically proves the belief in Gods. Everyone who dies is a God kind of. But I don't believe that. What I am saying is that this is just one very unlikely possibility of the after life. Sorry for wasting your time. !@#$% olo.

Elmix

« Reply #89 on: September 20, 2007, 11:48:11 am »
Have you considered that its not unlike sleeping in that you sort of aren't with it. maybe you get a new brain like super upgrade, that would be cool. I believe it has to be the same as birth, start is the same as the beginning, you remember nothing, makes sense to me.
« Reply #90 on: September 21, 2007, 01:57:36 am »
  • I had to sew my face back on with string cheese
You honestly think that is simple? There are so many complications with this theory. What is heaven or hell like. How are your sins weighed? Does Satan rig the scale so it always tip towards hell?

there aren't any complications with this...

it's quite simple, heaven is eternal paradise with God, hell is eternal suffering.  and sin weighing?  don't know where you got that, but there will be two judgements, the white throne judgement and the other judgement with the name i can't think of right now.  the white throne judgement will judge all the saved people, either right after the rapture and before the tribulation or it continues throughout the tribulation, the bible doesn't specify.  though the saved people will be judged,  it just determines their rewards in heaven, if they do "badly" they won't be sent to hell.  the second judgement will be right after the tribulation, where the people that were saved during the tribulation period will be judged for their rewards, and the ones who didn't get saved will be sent to hell.  i kinda left out a little bit about the millenial reign of Christ and the apocolypse, but i didn't need it for this explanation.  my english teacher would give this explanation an "f" for changing tenses.
« Reply #91 on: September 21, 2007, 07:44:30 am »
  • I choose you, Zorua!
i kinda left out a little bit about the millenial reign of Christ and the apocolypse, but i didn't need it for this explanation.
Of course you did, including it would make your story look even sillier than it does now. You really are kidding with your post, right?
My name is Pitt
« Reply #92 on: September 21, 2007, 08:47:21 am »
  • I need something new to put here...
I saw this somewhere, but I forgot where, so I'll just tell you it.
It's a comic or something about two unborn children talking, they talk about birth as death, and what happens after your birth. And about 'Mum,' a figure used as god.
Well, what if this is it?
« Reply #93 on: September 21, 2007, 10:13:29 am »
Okay. When you die you are born and your mum is God? lol wut?
« Reply #94 on: September 21, 2007, 01:40:06 pm »
  • I need something new to put here...
Okay. When you die you are born and your mum is God? lol wut?
>_>;
I hope you are being sarcastic.
It was used as an example, an unborn child talking to another (Don't ask me how) about 'Birth' and that when they are born, that the go to a new world and the meet mum, who will take care of them. And that they would eat through a mouth instead of a cord.
This is imposing that god is like a mother, and that even though we don't know it, there could be multiple lives before this.But we don't remember. And that though some things sound unrealistic, we just don't know how it would work.
« Reply #95 on: September 21, 2007, 08:41:35 pm »
i kinda left out a little bit about the millenial reign of Christ and the apocolypse, but i didn't need it for this explanation.
Of course you did, including it would make your story look even sillier than it does now. You really are kidding with your post, right?
no, i am not.  those are all facts from the bible.  go read revalation, NOW!  if you're having trouble finding it, it's the last book of the bible.
« Reply #96 on: September 21, 2007, 09:22:14 pm »
  • IBV
no, i am not.  those are all facts from the bible.  go read revalation, NOW!  if you're having trouble finding it, it's the last book of the bible.

o_O?

The only trouble for me to find it is that I really don't want to try to find it. Even less read it. Crap, it might even make me as silly as you are.
My signature is empty.
« Reply #97 on: September 21, 2007, 09:50:09 pm »
ok then, thank you for insulting me and my religion.

and there's nothing to disprove the bible.
« Reply #98 on: September 21, 2007, 10:04:04 pm »
  • IBV

So now criticizing is insulting? Yay!

Actually, I think I did insult you, when I think about it. But I criticized "your" religion.

EDIT: Oh, and you're welcome.
My signature is empty.
« Reply #99 on: September 21, 2007, 10:08:15 pm »

So now criticizing is insulting? Yay!

Actually, I think I did insult you, when I think about it. But I criticized "your" religion.

EDIT: Oh, and you're welcome.
I agree with Venus.

Is that even English? Wanna bet?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.188 seconds with 72 queries.

anything