Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: What happens after you die?  (Read 27092 times)

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
Re: What happens after you die?
« Reply #120 on: September 25, 2007, 04:57:11 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
XD oops I didnt realize how old this thread was, lol I shot for the first one I had seen XD

ALL I KNOW IS! When I die, there better be pie. if theres not, then ima gunna be pissed, lol
« Reply #121 on: September 28, 2007, 12:28:30 am »
Hmm..

Well! My personal belief structure has changed a bit. Instead of being a "Sheeple Christian" (whereas I just went by what I was told Christianity was as apposed to what the Hebrew, Syriac, and Latin manuscripts say), I decided to do some in-depth, multi-language studies on these sorts of topics ("Why are we here?", "Where do we go when we die?", etc).

So; MY belief on this matter (based on my studies, which I put my faith into 200%) is quite simple. Death is simply a transition from one plane to the next; Body simply does what it does; rots.

Contrary to common Christian belief; instead of the "bad" going to hell for their transgressions; the "unfruitful" and "workless" (not jobless, but rather people who have not made use of themselves in a meaningful manor, a way that helps others, impacts others livelihood, etc), find themselves in the same place everyone else is... but separated from the fruitful and goodly people. Most refer to this as "Abraham's Bosom"; and it resembles the river Styx in parabol. On one side, theres people who wish they could cross, but cannot. Theyre just there in waiting for judgement, whereas on the other side are the ones who did not fall short of salvation, with the ability to cross back and forth to either side of the stream (as teachers). This is the same place Yeshua went to in the manuscripts to go forth and teach to all of the fallen before the redemption from his ressurection; giving an equal chance of salvation to people on both sides of the stream. Again though; this "stream" was mentioned in the manuscripts in parabol form. It is NOT a literal stream, as far as I know (or anyone else for that matter lol)

In common Christian practice, Heaven and Hell are places; however, my thoughts are much... much different on this as well. Heaven and Hell arent places, but rather "conditions". "Hell" in its original form in the manuscripts is derived from ~16 different words, none of which meaning the Greek underworld; "Hades", but rather, mostly means "Death". A place of eternal torture does NOT exist in true Christianity, its not scriptural at all, and its just a scare tactic for bible thumpers. The only place a "Hell" even remotely resembles the bible thumper hell is in Revelation; and even at that, it simply means the "Destruction of the Soul"; which is simply ceasing to exist; or the "Blotting out of the book of life". In other words, its life or death, not life or eternal torture. From this, scripturally, when spiritually rotten people die, they go to what is commonly known as "Abraham's Bosom" and wait for when the creation of Hell (basically, judgement) takes place, and from that point simply die if they don't wish to be with God. Heaven on the other hand is "wherever God is". From this; when people die, either way they're in the spiritual plane that God is in; so in essence EVERYONE goes to heaven. Some wait for judgment, some are already granted salvation, but all are in the same general area.

My personal belief; ALL religions are capable of achieving heaven even after death. Fate is not sealed in death. Do I believe you NEED to be a Christian to be granted salvation? Yes. Do I think things are finalized in death on this plane of existence? nope :p. Quite simply, someone could die, find themselves on the "Wrong side of the gulf" (that river); and think "Oh snap, theres Yeshua... I didn't believe it until now", and then BOOM. Instant salvation. lol Besides, Salvation is determined not by the sins of man, but MORE SO their works. There is no unforgivable sin, even in death, except for one that is IMPOSSIBLE to commit right now anyway, lol so I dont think anyone really has to worry too much.

But ultimately the point is; we didn't just randomly appear here sandboxes and told "YOU MUST FOLLOW GOD OR BURN FOR ETERNITY"; its more than that, and actually if people cant understand why we're here to begin with salvation is just going to be one big huge wall for them because they cant either grasp it or explain it. The whole reason we're here is because when we existed before this (Yes, Earth is MILLIONS of years old. Genesis itself took 6000 years, and it starts out in Hebrew as "The World was turned void and empty" not "The World was made void and empty" as most translations put it; so the earth existed long before the events of Genesis. It was made for us, but not our flesh selves. The reason we're here, is because God did not want to have to kill off all of his children during the catabol (the rebellion of Satan, before Genesis); when a 3rd of his children fell, he didn't want to start fresh, because he loved his creation. Instead of destroying everyone, he fixed what damage had been caused on earth from the catabol (which quite literally is a ripping of the sky), and as an act of undying love, decided to give the remaining 2/3rds of his children a chance to decide what they want, Him (God), or rebellion. Which also gives more explanation towards why the traditional hell does not exist; torment is not an act of love, and its just stupid lol... This is also why, even in death, its not about what religion you are, because even after death you can find redemption; this is just one plane of existence.

Most of this stuff mentioned is found in Job (a lot of stuff on WHY we're here), Ezekiel (chapter 26+ leads into more stuff for Revelation), the Gospels, Revelation, etc, all in their original languages.

But anyway, yeah, thats what I think happens when we die. lol we pretty much just go to a nifty lil river thingy if we're evil, and if not we're enjoying our original existence from before we had bodies. Pretty much it...
Sounds like BS.
There are many theories, nobody knows for sure. For one, religious people think they'll go to heaven (and hell for the bad guys), some believe in reincarnation, some believe that you'll just turn into a wandering ghost of what's left of your soul. Maybe you will wake up from a dream when you die. Who knows? Anything could happen. :O
Theories?
« Reply #122 on: September 28, 2007, 03:43:11 am »
  • CRUNCH! I'll add it to the heap!
(Long post)

Yeah, I kinda like that post. I guess nobody can be too assertive on this subject, though. I don't any of us can recall the last time we died.
Also, consider this. Do to the fact that this keeps lapsing into some religion related war, I'll say that we really can't make assertions with the existence of anything. I mean, how the !@#$% am I supposed to know any of you are real? The only thing I know 100% is real is my own mind.
And now after years of mocking him the pretending he played a massive part in our lives when really we couldn't care less just to ease our consciounse over said mocking healing can begin <_<

It's Steve Irwin all over again.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #123 on: September 28, 2007, 05:25:12 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
Sounds like BS.
Nobody can know for sure, its really not my place to say what "is" and "isnt", so instead I just stated what I believed "is" :P
Realistically though, there are many things beyond the realm of science that just cant be explained, and an afterlife is one of those things; its not possible to know for sure one way or another, but I personally would much rather have faith in something and be wrong, then not have faith about something and find out that what I shoulda been believing in was true :p

Worst case scenario though; we could just sit in the ground and rot, lol but thats no fun
« Last Edit: September 28, 2007, 05:28:15 am by Mamoruanime »
« Reply #124 on: September 28, 2007, 05:37:01 am »
Are you sure that would be the worst case?  Perhaps after we die, we're reborn, but in some totally new world that we could not even begin to comprehend, where everything is simply "different," for lack of a better word.  But our heads wouldn't explode or anything, no; we'd have to either suffer or eventually learn to accept it.  Or perhaps we'd choose not to accept it and some sort of horrible thing could happen.

Maybe not, though.  I'd rather believe or grow to believe something naturally instead of being told to, because otherwise it might not be seen as a *true* belief by whatsitsface/the flying spaghetti monster, if it does indeed exist.
- Click to go to thread

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #125 on: September 28, 2007, 09:34:41 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
like another dimension of some sort?

BTW the flying spaghetti monster scares the cream cheese outta me >_<

But I definitely agree about the growing to believe something; stepping outside of whats force-fed to you is good, because it gives you the sense to learn something on your own. Its not peoples jobs to tell you what to believe. Mention their beliefs? sure. But to say "believe this or burn in hell!" or use other scare tactics is down right low and dirty, and I do not think thats how things should be conveyed from person to person; and that seed shouldnt even be planted in such a manor :s
« Reply #126 on: September 28, 2007, 04:02:42 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
Hypothesis - A rough idea with little or no proof
Theory - a Hypothesis with an abundance of proof and a solid and fleshed out idea
Accepted Theory - a Theory with enough proof to be accepted by the mainstream scientific community

Use the words right people! Of course them definitions weren't exact, but they are close enough.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #127 on: October 08, 2007, 05:41:27 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
o.o an accepted theory is STILL just a theory, none the less lol Besides, the "mainstream scientific community" treats more theories as fact then they should o.0 I don't care how much proof they have, if they cant classify it as fact they shouldn't promote it as truth; makes science itself appear to be a religion instead of a reliable source IMO
« Reply #128 on: October 17, 2007, 01:28:13 am »
  • Don't Worry Sir, I'm From The Internet.
I hate how people divide relgion and science so much. Seriously, If I were a god I would be really peeved off if everyone said "Evolution can't work because god just put us here..." So basically thats saying that god isn't smart enough to create evolution(er, sorta)...Smite'n time.
Grimace is the demiurge, the creator. From him all things in McDonaldland have sprung. He is not a sin, he's not a menu item, he's just Grimace. He exists. He rolls his lidless eyes and flaps his lipless mouth, formless and terrible, a protean idiot thing from the depths of pre-history.
« Reply #129 on: October 17, 2007, 11:13:11 am »
  • alastair
I hate how people divide relgion and science so much. Seriously, If I were a god I would be really peeved off if everyone said "Evolution can't work because god just put us here..." So basically thats saying that god isn't smart enough to create evolution(er, sorta)...Smite'n time.
You mean not clever enough to create a person.
  • alastair
« Reply #130 on: October 17, 2007, 03:09:35 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
look, we all know the truth.
Jesus is a Zombie, when we all die and decay we are teleported to a giant room as Zombies. The room has just one door, which is closed. When the apocalypse comes around, it will actually just be when that door opens and Jesus leads the zombies forward into the world.

I for one welcome this, and have no doubt in my mind that they will not kill us all.  I find this constant discrimination against the Zombies horrendous. It is time for a change.
I say to you now my friends, that, even though we face the near threat of Zombie invasion, I still have a dream.
I have a dream that one day Zombies will rise up and cast aside the shackles of oppression and hatred. A dream that one day Zombies will not be judged upon how different or undead they are from us.
I have a dream that one day the Zombies will be looked at and simply labelled "friend".
I have a dream that, one day, when all this occurs, that I shall become a Zombie, overthrow the leader of the Zombies, Jesus, and use the element of surprise to my advantage.
I have a dream that one day, no structure will be left standing, no man or women left un-decapitated, no baby left un-devoured.
I have a dream that none of you shall be spared from the Horrors of my rule.

FREE AT LAST! YOU ARE ALL DEAD, BUT WE ZOMBIES ARE FREE AT LAST!
« Last Edit: October 17, 2007, 03:19:06 pm by TheDarkJay »

Ryan

The only Canadian?
« Reply #131 on: October 21, 2007, 06:28:24 am »
I am not quite sure what happens to us when we die but I would hope that we have a good after life. Maybe we go to a new world.
  • Likes to Ramble
« Reply #132 on: October 21, 2007, 06:28:59 am »
I am not quite sure what happens to us when we die but I would hope that we have a good after life. Maybe we go to a new world.
Hopefully, but probably not.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #133 on: October 21, 2007, 09:26:11 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
or we could fall into the divine land of Nata de Coco, which is located near the Philippines :P... <<<< I like this one <_< <3 me some nata de coco

Most *Christians will openly state "Human beings were made to adapt to their surroundings" lol butttttt! There shouldnt be a division between religion and science; In most cases either or plays both roles. Science in most cases lately acts as a religion; gives people a thought of origin (that isnt proven, much like a religion provides), and a sense of existance; whereas theres been times when religion has acted as some form of scientific material (false religion or not, theyre old lol and old religions have old documentation that have at least some reference to something in the area it was created; its helped a bit with archaeological digs, and aided in those areas of science)

*shrugs*
« Reply #134 on: October 23, 2007, 07:29:37 pm »
or we could fall into the divine land of Nata de Coco, which is located near the Philippines :P... <<<< I like this one <_< <3 me some nata de coco

Most *Christians will openly state "Human beings were made to adapt to their surroundings" lol butttttt! There shouldnt be a division between religion and science; In most cases either or plays both roles. Science in most cases lately acts as a religion; gives people a thought of origin (that isnt proven, much like a religion provides), and a sense of existance; whereas theres been times when religion has acted as some form of scientific material (false religion or not, theyre old lol and old religions have old documentation that have at least some reference to something in the area it was created; its helped a bit with archaeological digs, and aided in those areas of science)

*shrugs*
At least science doesn't have talking donkeys.
« Reply #135 on: October 24, 2007, 10:08:48 am »
  • alastair
Science these days seems to be very much a religion. People cling to it as it is the most comfortable thing to put your faith in.
  • alastair
« Reply #136 on: October 25, 2007, 01:51:22 am »
Science these days seems to be very much a religion. People cling to it as it is the most comfortable thing to put your faith in.
It's the only thing that makes sense to "put your faith in". Science by itself cannot be clung to, but individual ideas can, which has the possibility to be like a religion.
« Reply #137 on: November 01, 2007, 02:05:29 pm »
Who the heck can answer the topic question?
The Legend of Zelda: The Spell Caster
Release Date: ?

I'm a faithful man! Don't be a whimp, fight for life.
« Reply #138 on: November 01, 2007, 10:02:44 pm »

Are you a dumbass? 10 pages worth of people think they have the answer. Obviously I am just asking for an opinion and not what really happens. You only find out what really happens once you die. >_>
« Reply #139 on: November 02, 2007, 03:17:32 am »
  • Don't Worry Sir, I'm From The Internet.

Are you a dumbass? 10 pages worth of people think they have the answer. Obviously I am just asking for an opinion and not what really happens. You only find out what really happens once you die. >_>
ouch.

I think that people cling to science more not because it is more comforting (If I went for comforting, I would want something that assures eternal happiness) but because it has facts tested repeatedly and majorly aggreaded upon by tested methods whereas you cannot test religion at all.
Grimace is the demiurge, the creator. From him all things in McDonaldland have sprung. He is not a sin, he's not a menu item, he's just Grimace. He exists. He rolls his lidless eyes and flaps his lipless mouth, formless and terrible, a protean idiot thing from the depths of pre-history.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 80 queries.