Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Pre] Super Mario World 3: Bowser's Conquest (Title Revised) FULL UPDATE  (Read 3591 times)

[Pre] Super Mario World 3: Bowser's Conquest (Ti...
« on: September 24, 2007, 11:22:07 pm »
  • Protecting Hyrule from the forces of Darkness!
Update: Scratch that python and pygame is a little too foreign to me right now and it would take me a year or two to port my game over so it's resumed on gm7.

ATTTENDTION: This game is now on hold. I'm attempting to port this from gm7 to python pygame which may or may not work so stay tuned for updates!

Story: Mario, Luigi, and Peach are taking a walk along a shore in Mushroom Kingdom when Bowser swoops down in his Koopa Copter and nabs the Princess. Kammy, following behind, attempts to zap Mario but he darts out of the way. During Mario's struggle with Kammy, Bowser, using a mysterious object, warps Luigi into the mysterious object. Mario attempts to stop Bowser but is distracted by Kammy's persistent blasts. After completing their mission Bowser and Kammy run off, leaving Mario alone. A bright light fills the sky and the land, under Mario's feet, disappeared causing him to fall into the water below. Will Luigi ever get out of that thing? And what is it? What caused the Kingdom to change so suddenly? Will Mario save Princess Peach?

Okay now for the eye candy:

Title Screen                                         Mario hopping along with full power.
(The Name "Bowser's Conquest"
 curtsy of Moldrill)

Climbing a vine.                                    A bad time to pause the game, isn't it?

How can Mario survive against those goombas?
FYI: He shrinks when half his hp is gone.

Nice eh?

UPDATES:
Click Here to jump down to my latest post (in a new window) for more updated information.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2007, 10:38:20 pm by Zentawolcotious »
My screenname is pronounced:
Zen-ta-wo-cot-ious the L is silent.
Visit Parnell Games
Quote from: MaJoRa
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.
Quote from: Zentawolcotious
Live today as if its your last.
Re: [Pre] Super Mario World 3: Mario's Wacky Wor...
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2007, 11:36:28 pm »
Look's very nice. Although the name Wacky Worlds... *shudders* Terrible name. Be original.

EDIT: I forgot to read the story before. The story is a little... Lame. Sorry. Does lightning have to hit Mario? And does E. Gadd have to be in it? Just have Bowser come down in his Koopa Copter (no kammy) and nab the princess. Then you can even have Mario or Luigi gameplay like in SMB where you can switch who you are each level. Maybe you could make Luigi jump higher but Mario has more life?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2007, 11:39:01 pm by Moldrill »
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2007, 11:46:41 pm »
Look's very nice. Although the name Wacky Worlds... *shudders* Terrible name. Be original.

EDIT: I forgot to read the story before. The story is a little... Lame. Sorry. Does lightning have to hit Mario? And does E. Gadd have to be in it? Just have Bowser come down in his Koopa Copter (no kammy) and nab the princess. Then you can even have Mario or Luigi gameplay like in SMB where you can switch who you are each level. Maybe you could make Luigi jump higher but Mario has more life?
I will answer your questions in a series of statements:
1. I'm doing this game in honor of the cdi game that never was "Super Mario's Wacky Worlds". So I'm not changing it.
(Soldexus sounds odd too but its a really fun game, its over at yoyogames.com Don't judge a game by its "cover")
1a. Have any suggestions for a new name or better story?
2. It was a magical beam that hit Mario that cam from Kammy.
3. Just nabbing the princess is just too "usual" for a Mario game, I wanted to go outside the box and have luigi captured too as well as have the entire kingdom warped up!
4. Luigi will be playable after World Bosses as a side quest. (I'm going for the Paper Mario Feel without the battle system or the graphics)
5. 1ups which will be well hidden will increase Mario's max hp.

Any questions?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2007, 11:49:12 pm by Zentawolcotious »
Visit Parnell Games
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2007, 12:05:35 am »
CDi game should not be honored. Even if they weren't released.

Name: Super Mario World 3: Come up with your own damn name. This is nothing like the crappy CDi game-to-be.

Story: Mario, Luigi, and Peach are taking a walk when Bowser swoops down in his Koopa Copter and nabs the Princess. Using a mysterious object he is holding Bowser sends the two brothers into a far off land. Will they ever get back to the Mushroom Kingdom and save Princess Peach? Will Bowser have taken over the Kingdom completely by then?
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2007, 12:17:10 am »
CDi game should not be honored. Even if they weren't released.

Name: Super Mario World 3: Come up with your own damn name. This is nothing like the crappy CDi game-to-be.

Story: Mario, Luigi, and Peach are taking a walk when Bowser swoops down in his Koopa Copter and nabs the Princess. Using a mysterious object he is holding Bowser sends the two brothers into a far off land. Will they ever get back to the Mushroom Kingdom and save Princess Peach? Will Bowser have taken over the Kingdom completely by then?

Okay I'll run with that story as a base and... I guess I got some rewriting to do.
Visit Parnell Games
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2007, 05:17:51 pm »
*idea bump*
How does "Super Mario World 3: Bowser's Take Over" or "Super Mario World 3: Bowser's Revenge" sound as a replacement title.

so here is how the whole thing is now:
Name: "Super Mario World 3: Bowser's Revenge"

Story: Mario, Luigi, and Peach are taking a walk when Bowser swoops down in his Koopa Copter and nabs the Princess. Kammy, following behind, zaps Mario and knocks him out cold. Using a mysterious object Bowser warps Luigi into the mysterious object in hopes that without Luigi, Mario would be unable to stop him. Will Luigi ever get out of that thing? And what is it? Will Mario save Princess Peach? Will Bowser have taken over the Kingdom completely by then?

Changes:
1. Mario is zapped by Kammy's Magic (not Lightning)
2. Luigi is not physically captured but trapped in the mysterious object Bowser held
3. It is better explained why Luigi is captured too
4. E. Gadd may still be in it if anyone has any ideas for an alternative person to carry the story ya know like in Paper Mario TYD where a goomba scientist helped Mario out?
« Last Edit: September 25, 2007, 05:31:25 pm by Zentawolcotious »
Visit Parnell Games
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2007, 10:26:23 pm »
Wow. That was a pointless change to the story I made.

Has Mario ever REALLY needed Luigi? Not usually. He should send them both to the new world, but in different parts of it. Knocking them out cold with Kammy Magic is very pointless. Why do they need to get zapped?

Wait. Actually I see that Bowser warped Luigi into the object. That's cool. But warp Mario in with him. And no Kammy knocking them out.

Super Mario World 3 - Bowser's Conquest...?
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2007, 12:17:11 am »
Mod Edit: All pointless removed.
Please try not to spam, give some constructive critisism instead.
Thank you.

!@#$% you and your biased mod edit, you stupid !@#$%.  You may as well cut everything out of their posts as well, because their posts were just as much "spam" as this one was.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2007, 09:44:20 pm by Eater »
- Click to go to thread
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2007, 07:29:59 pm »
OK moldrill here is modified version of the, hopefully final, story:

Name: "Super Mario World 3: Bowser's Conquest"

Story: Mario, Luigi, and Peach are taking a walk along a shore in Mushroom Kingdom when Bowser swoops down in his Koopa Copter and nabs the Princess. Kammy, following behind, attempts to zap Mario but he darts out of the way. During Mario's struggle with Kammy, Bowser, using a mysterious object, warps Luigi into the mysterious object. Mario attempts to stop Bowser but is distracted by Kammy's persistent blasts. After completing their mission Bowser and Kammy run off, leaving Mario alone. A bright light fills the sky and the land, under Mario's feet, disappeared causing him to fall into the water below. Will Luigi ever get out of that thing? And what is it? What caused the Kingdom to change so suddenly? Will Mario save Princess Peach?

Changes:
1. Luigi is not physically captured but trapped in the mysterious object Bowser held
2. Luigi is captured in order to break away from the repeated Princess captured Brothers save the day thing and up the ante a little.
3. Luigi will be playable in side-quests after each World Boss
4. E. Gadd may still be in it if anyone has any ideas for an alternative person to carry the story ya know like in Paper Mario TYD where a goomba scientist helped Mario out? FYI: I will give a ZFGCer a cameo on this game if you can give me a custom sprite of the ZFGCer that includes:
Walking (left/right)
Standing (left/right)
FYI: In a 2D side-scrolling enviroment
Any other animations you want to give your charcter emotion.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2007, 05:52:18 pm by Zentawolcotious »
Visit Parnell Games
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2007, 07:38:45 pm »
Sounds good enough. The last level should be inside Bowser's Mysterious Object saving Luigi
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2007, 07:45:22 pm »
I planned on it. And thanks for helping me evolve the story.

The ZFGCer cameo thing is still up for grabs.

Cameo Purpose: Will replace E. Gadd as the help and goto guy for the game's story and basic controls.

Example: Cameo will instruct Mario on the basic controls and moves, also will instruct controls and moves of Yoshi (when Mario finds him)
Cameo will also tell player where to goto next or give hints on defeating a boss.

The ZFGCer will not be responsible for any of the above, I just explained the role their Cameo will play. All the ZFGCer will need to provide is sprites for the Cameo character and a name. (It can be your screenname here)
« Last Edit: October 03, 2007, 05:52:48 pm by Zentawolcotious »
Visit Parnell Games
Re: [Pre] Super Mario World 3: Bowser's Conquest...
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2007, 10:08:41 am »
I don't like the idea of having a healthbar in a Mario game! why don't you just keep it like it was in the original Mario games?

Ryan

The only Canadian?
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2007, 06:17:30 am »
Looks good, I wanna try it!
  • Likes to Ramble

Busternaut

« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2007, 01:38:26 pm »
So what are the sprites i need to edit for my character?
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2007, 09:39:32 pm »
Re
So what are the sprites i need to edit for my character?

Regulus, some how they got deleted but you need the only walking animation sprites from Super Mario Bros 1. Mario as his super form and only the first few frames like:
frame one Stand > frame two take step > frame three > complete step and take and alternate step.

Got it?
Visit Parnell Games
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.147 seconds with 100 queries.