Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: No hugz 4 u!  (Read 8172 times)

No hugz 4 u!
« on: October 04, 2007, 03:26:51 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
OAK PARK -- There's a new rule at Percy Julian Middle School this year: No hugging.

The policy says that hugging is not allowed among the suburban Chicago school's 860 students anywhere inside the building. At issue were students forming ''hug lines'' that made them late for classes and crowded the hallways, said Victoria Sharts, the school's principal.

''Hugging is really more appropriate for airports or for family reunions than passing and seeing each other every few minutes in the halls,'' Sharts said.

Another reason to institute the no-hugging policy was that some hugs could be too long and too close, Sharts said.

''There is another side to the issue when a hug is either unwanted or becomes inappropriate as judged by one of the students involved,'' Sharts wrote in a statement to parents. ''On occasion, we do deal with those incidents. The goal is always to promote safe and orderly hallways where everybody can get by, be safe, and be on time.'' AP

I've personally never understood the appeal of a hug. At best they make me feel indifferent, at worst they make me feel violated.
Re: No hugz 4 u!
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2007, 03:38:13 pm »
I always assumed that a hug was something that someone did to voluntarily feel safely vulnerable; for whatever effect that would give.  Then again, there are a lot of things like hugs that are strange; like kissing for example.  How both emerged as expression I will never know.
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2007, 04:47:32 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
How both emerged as expression I will never know.

HEY GUYS I GOT AN IDEA!!! LETS PUT OUR LIPS TOGETHER AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS!!!

naw, but seriously, your lips are one of the most sensitive places on your body, so i would assume that has something to do with it.

i love big weenies and i cannot lie
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2007, 05:55:24 pm »
What's the problem with hugging? It's a great way of showing a deep friendship or showing a friend that you'll be always there for her/him.
I love hugs myself, and do it sometimes with my best friends, mainly female friends, but sometimes male ones, too.
Don't see the big deal of it.
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2007, 06:50:26 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
It strikes me as ridiculous and I don't attach any emotion to it other then 'get away from me'. If you like it, fine, just don't do it to me.

I've always hated being touched. Even when I had a girlfriend, I hated holding hands, hugging etc.
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2007, 07:54:22 pm »
I've personally never understood the appeal of a hug. At best they make me feel indifferent, at worst they make me feel violated.
Biologically speaking, any sort of skin contact, "touch" contact, is somehow beneficial to our body and to our humour. I don't know details, but I've seen about that in scientific magazines a few times, usually in articles named things like "THE POWER OF THE TOUCH". Well, maybe the DS propaganda isn't completely original, I think it had a sort of intertextuality with those theories.

Anyway; I don't know if with you it's the same, but in here, most men are ashamed of hugging other men. Here usually if a man is seen hugging another man he's called gay (except in very specific situations). But women hug each other much, much more frequently.

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2007, 08:01:17 pm »
  • b e p i s
This is the dumbest thing ever. Hugging is just a way to say hello, in my personal opinion. It shows "Hey, you're my friend and I enjoy being around you." Just make them stop the hug lines, that !@#$% IS retarded.

DarkJay, lolwut? Who cares how, it's nice. I personally enjoy kissing almost more than I enjoy sex. Almost.
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2007, 08:05:11 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
I care how, which may be because I don't find it nice and want to know why :P

Also I just like to know the how and whys of a matter. If we as a society didn't do that we'd fall into an eternal pit of placebo-based healing and pseudo/anti-science...oh wait...

That and everything for me needs reason and logic, without which it is crap.
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2007, 08:07:32 pm »
Also I just like to know the how and whys of a matter. If we as a society didn't do that we'd fall into an eternal pit of placebo-based healing and pseudo/anti-science...oh wait...
... did you read my post?
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2007, 08:11:39 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
... did you read my post?

Yeah, I was just replying to Knivu asking why I wanted to know why.
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2007, 08:13:42 pm »
  • And if they dont dance, they're no friend of mine
I love hugs, i hug guy and girls, but only my friends.
and hug lines? what a load of a load.

Art by Kyuumu, banner by me
Screw this, im off to Hogwarts...
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2007, 08:58:54 pm »
  • :D
A hug is just an expression of love, thanks, friendship; whaetever you make it.  "Censoring the hug" is ridiculous.  I'll hug my guy and girl friends all the time; To me, hugging is generally not a sexual act.
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2007, 09:46:48 pm »
Meh, I wouldn't care, because I don't go to public school anyway, but really, hugs are only meant for one person in my life.  Otherwise I might be the male equivalent of a !@#$%.
- Click to go to thread
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2007, 09:54:34 pm »
  • *whistle*
Meh, I wouldn't care, because I don't go to public school anyway, but really, hugs are only meant for one person in my life.  Otherwise I might be the male equivalent of a !@#$%.

Because hugging someone is the same as !@#$% them. For reals.
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2007, 10:05:13 pm »
It's certianly not something just anybody can do.  Seeing all this "omg frendchip olo" stuff makes me sick.
- Click to go to thread
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2007, 10:10:21 pm »
  • Personal Text
This rule is RIDICULOUS!
I see nothing wrong with hugging one another. Hugging is a way of actually showing affection.  The principal thought that it was an alternative to kissing, which is showing affection as well. so she freaked out and banned hugging. Apparently she doesn't want love in her school, and even if she didn't ban kissing, students will most definatly start kissing eachother to show their anger about the hug ban issue. And if she banned both, everyone will start winking at eachother, and to ban that she is going too far, and needs to be stopped.
Anyways, what I am trying to say is that this principal has no morals what so ever. Hugging never is/was sexual (if it was, no one would want to hug their mom!). If hugging to her is a problem, then she is the only one with the problem. END OF!

God.
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2007, 11:16:01 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
This rule is RIDICULOUS!
I see nothing wrong with hugging one another. Hugging is a way of actually showing affection.  The principal thought that it was an alternative to kissing, which is showing affection as well. so she freaked out and banned hugging. Apparently she doesn't want love in her school, and even if she didn't ban kissing, students will most definatly start kissing eachother to show their anger about the hug ban issue. And if she banned both, everyone will start winking at eachother, and to ban that she is going too far, and needs to be stopped.
Anyways, what I am trying to say is that this principal has no morals what so ever. Hugging never is/was sexual (if it was, no one would want to hug their mom!). If hugging to her is a problem, then she is the only one with the problem. END OF!

God.

well said, well said.  Some people..they're just well, dumb.  She's probably one of those people that have never gotten anything from the opposite sex in life.

also, end of god? O_o

i love big weenies and i cannot lie
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2007, 01:28:44 am »
  • I need something new to put here...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diccc7je8tg" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diccc7je8tg</a>

Lol.
This is a random guy hugging people on the street. Do you take that as street prostitution.
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2007, 02:28:22 am »
  • I had to sew my face back on with string cheese
A hug is just an expression of love, thanks, friendship; whaetever you make it.  "Censoring the hug" is ridiculous.  I'll hug my guy and girl friends all the time; To me, hugging is generally not a sexual act.
i agree.

hugging, holding hands, and basically any touching someone of the opposite sex has been against the rules at my school since before time began, seriously.

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2007, 11:42:46 am »
  • b e p i s
It's certianly not something just anybody can do.  Seeing all this "omg frendchip olo" stuff makes me sick.

HAHA, OH WOW

Mod Edit: Oh please. The board title "Smart Talk" is self-explainatory already. Please edit the post to add more relevant content.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2007, 12:12:54 pm by Ricky »
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.334 seconds with 80 queries.