Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LoZ: The Seventh Sage  (Read 4602 times)

Duckstapler

help I don't remember
LoZ: The Seventh Sage
« on: April 06, 2013, 05:46:43 am »
  • fingers are like legs for your hands

Summary
In the shortest terms possible, I'm making a LTTP styled fangame out of my interpretation of the unseen events of OOT from Zelda's point of view starting from her prophetic dream prior to the start of OOT and ending right before Link arrives at the final battle. This includes her 7 year life as Sheik, discovery of the mystical warp songs, and her own awakening as the leader of the sages. The game will feature areas seen in OOT as well as unseen areas returning from other games/new areas. I aim to have the general tone be a little darker than the series usually goes for, maybe around the level of dark-n-broody that Majora's Mask is at.

Gameplay will be somewhat different than your standard Zelda game. Your number of hearts stays low and enemies will take a lot to bring down---that is, if it's even possible to kill them in the first place. I aim to have 5 main dungeons plus several mini dungeons(plus areas that could be considered dungeons in themselves because of the work it takes to navigate them) and at least one optional dungeon. Zelda will have her own arsenal of items at her disposal, many of them new, but above all else your greatest asset will be your wits.

It's being built in RPG Maker 2k3, based on a LTTP engine crafted by Xfixium but aside from using that as a base the coding, writing, and additional art are all done by me. I am not particularly looking for collaborators, but if anyone wants to offer their hand in the realm of music or dungeon/puzzle/riddle design then my door is open, hah I am also keeping a play-by-play dev blog to keep track of my own progress.

Screenshots
Show content
(most of these are sans the HUD because 1) the HUD is unfinished and 2) I haven't pasted the event that calls the HUD in every map yet, haha. some areas and sprites are still rough.)

Melodramatic screenshot of one of the first dungeons. The tiles are outdated.

A clipping of Moruge Marsh, an area vaguely introduced in Adventure of Link. It lays outside of Hyrule.

Little smidgens of Hyrule Field.

More Moruge Marsh.

Snowpeak Mountain.

Trailers & Gameplay Videos
Show content

Misc
Show content
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 05:46:25 am by Duckstapler »
Re: LoZ: The Seventh Sage
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2013, 07:58:26 am »
Looks very nice. Good job.
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2013, 06:41:52 pm »
This sounds like a very interesting project, and one ill be sure to check into because the story on this sounds very interesting also. my one complaint from what i can see, and it probably was planning to be fixed or already fixed, is the art style seems very clashing and tiles from MC and LTTP are used, when it should be one or the other because those styles dont really blend well. thatsmy only complaint, as this project seems very cool.

Duckstapler

help I don't remember
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2013, 05:45:46 am »
Yeah, I get you on the art thing. I find the general 'feel' of the palette of LTTP hard to imitate. I'm getting better though, and have plans to tweak Zelda/Sheik's sprites and the general color scheme of Moruge Marsh. Kinda surprised the MC tiles jump out as out of place though---I'm not using anything big and I recolored + reshaded them. Probably doesn't help though that the colors of Moruge Marsh are kinda "meh." That's what I get though for making the palette without checking it against the character who was going to be walking around in them.

Anyway, progress!

-LOTS of spritework lately. Basic Goron, Zora, and Gerudo sprites are done, and a fair share of LTTP sprites have been edited/imported. Some tweaks have been made to Sheik’s sprites.
-“Ankle deep” in water sprites complete
-Moruge Marsh mapping completed
-Snowpeak mapping completed
-Zora’s domain mapping about 85% completed
-Two new items/abilities conceptualized
-Parapa Canyon concept has stabilized. I had 3 different ideas for what I could do with this area and I’ve found a happy medium between them!
-Year system implemented—-allowing more changes to happen over the years of the game while having less of a workload on me

TO BE DONE:

-Implement swimming + new abilities
-Fix menu error where you can select items you don’t have
-Mess around with 2D segments
-Refine quest log, puzzle log, and gossip stone gossip concepts
-Refine mid-game details and side quest concepts

Zhello

N.A.D.I.
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2013, 03:33:14 pm »
  • L'homme avec beaucoup de noms.
Nice project man, much respect because I started out my project on RPG maker, well 2k3 :D.
What will be challenging though is working with ABS, but all in all, keep up the good work and good luck.

Plus, welcome to the forums. XD
The IT Guy
Intermediate Coder
Linux is a wonderful thing
~Linkwolf48/Gumstone1080~

The Legend of Zelda - New Beginnings

http://zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=34986.0
1.6 Demo -
https://www.dropbox.com/s/56km0iadaras56g/LoZNB%20Game%20Folder.rar?dl=0

Side Projects:

Dragon Diary - Cybernetic Threat
Story: http://wiki.zfgc.com/Cybernetic_Threat

Aero88
ZFGC is like the Hotel California.  You can come in but you can never leave!

devianart: http://linkwolf48.deviantart.com/
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2013, 08:35:19 pm »
The only thing that stood out that much for art was the color, as some was very bright and some was deadish.. im not sure. but you do have talent in spriting, that goron looks pretty cool, heh. will be sure to check this out from time to time.

Duckstapler

help I don't remember
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2013, 03:19:16 am »
Been doing a lot of work on this, but alas it’s not the kind I can really screenshot and show.

-Arrows and bombs can now run out instead of being infinite. Needles and Deku Nuts will also be limited when I'm done rearranging the HUD to fit them.
-Progress on fixing the item use sprites
-Lense of Truth-esque ability is functional (next: need to figure out how to work the magic meter without 1000 picture files)
-Gossip stones can now give information when talked to while using said ability
-Can no longer select items you don't have
-Generic Hylian sprites
-Some tilesets updated
-Sheikah Convent mapped
-Some story details ironed out
-Added some things to the concept art section, particularly this promo I've been passing around
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2013, 01:15:47 pm »
Thank you for this, Duckstapler. Just don't make it too easy to regain limited items.
Games that I support:

Forums that I am a member of:
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 54 queries.