Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: [DEMO]The Legend Of Zelda: Scepter Of Distortion  (Read 23954 times)

Re: The Legend Of Zelda: Scepter Of Distortion
« Reply #60 on: June 19, 2009, 11:43:01 am »
So, lemme get this straight:

At the end of OOT you fight Ganon (the beast thing) and then he gets sealed away with his triforce powers? What if we created a new enemy that freeed him and somehow when he is released his triforce shatters?

If the setting is a few generations later, then it could be plausible. The sages probably have died from old age and the seal is weakened. You will have a new Link and a new Zelda. But this is more or less a bit of the story from TWW.

If it is in the same generation, meaning the same Link and the same Zelda, then the seal is still in full force, with all the sages alive. The seal is made to keep Ganondorf in. Ganondorf is the biggest and meanest bad guy in the Zelda games. If he isn't capable of breaking it with the Triforce of Power then one new enemy won't be able either. Now if you would make a covenant of 7 evil sages, that could break the seal. Possible options for the sages:
- Agahnim
- Koume & Katoki (Twinrova)
- Zant
- Veran
- Onox
- Helmaroc King
- Vaati
- Or some made up figures

I doubt the Triforce of Power is removed from Ganondorf and shatter into pieces when he is released. He kept the Triforce after the he was assaulted and locked up by the sages. If you want to collect Triforce shards, then Ganondorf should have willingly given them up. Maybe he has given the evil sages a small sample of the Triforce.

Ethelon

Awesome Resized Avys
« Reply #61 on: June 19, 2009, 10:44:18 pm »
So, lemme get this straight:

At the end of OOT you fight Ganon (the beast thing) and then he gets sealed away with his triforce powers? What if we created a new enemy that freeed him and somehow when he is released his triforce shatters?

If the setting is a few generations later, then it could be plausible. The sages probably have died from old age and the seal is weakened. You will have a new Link and a new Zelda. But this is more or less a bit of the story from TWW.

If it is in the same generation, meaning the same Link and the same Zelda, then the seal is still in full force, with all the sages alive. The seal is made to keep Ganondorf in. Ganondorf is the biggest and meanest bad guy in the Zelda games. If he isn't capable of breaking it with the Triforce of Power then one new enemy won't be able either. Now if you would make a covenant of 7 evil sages, that could break the seal. Possible options for the sages:
- Agahnim
- Koume & Katoki (Twinrova)
- Zant
- Veran
- Onox
- Helmaroc King
- Vaati
- Or some made up figures

I doubt the Triforce of Power is removed from Ganondorf and shatter into pieces when he is released. He kept the Triforce after the he was assaulted and locked up by the sages. If you want to collect Triforce shards, then Ganondorf should have willingly given them up. Maybe he has given the evil sages a small sample of the Triforce.

Orr..
There could be an old prophecy of a beast of the shadows that was thought to be a deity of evil, that would be awakened when Hyrule was at its most chaotic, and when the Triforce was distorted (hmm, Scepter of Distortion? =D), and that only the hero of time could save Hyrule. Thus, a few years after Ganondorf was sealed, that fulfilled the prophecy of distorting the power of the Triforce, and because of the Hylians greed, Hyrule is thrown into a point of chaos.

Well I'm not sure...

Xfixium: "Leader"/Lead Programmer/Lead Spriter,  Cypras: Programmer, Ethelon: Tiler/Spriter, Darklink45: Spriter, Noseblunt3: Spriter,
SinkinDevil: Spriter, Dotyue: Spriter, Tompel: Tiler/Spriter, 
Mamoruanime: Tiler, DJvenom: Spriter

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #62 on: June 19, 2009, 11:01:41 pm »
  • To bomb or not to bomb...
Errrmmm. it's Koume and Kotake. I think... just had to fix your typo there.

Mirby Studios | Share & Enjoy now available! (Links above!) | Games I've Beaten
Quote from: Mamoruanime
I like-like it :D
  • Mirby Studios
« Reply #63 on: June 20, 2009, 01:04:01 am »
  • Team Dekunutz
We are having discussions about the story, and some of us (including me) want to do a complete remodel of the story; but we are having trouble coming up with a main theme:

- Time switching, OOT
- Transformations, MM

Can you help out?

We have four options:

- Remodel the story
- Create OOT2D
- Create TP2D
- Make an original game

What are your thoughts?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2009, 02:13:34 am by Cypras »

Ethelon

Awesome Resized Avys
« Reply #64 on: June 20, 2009, 01:10:21 am »
I'd also like to note that I've already started the tiling of Kokiri Forest and the area where you get the Kokiri Sword...

Just a note, and a push for something...  XD

Xfixium: "Leader"/Lead Programmer/Lead Spriter,  Cypras: Programmer, Ethelon: Tiler/Spriter, Darklink45: Spriter, Noseblunt3: Spriter,
« Reply #65 on: June 20, 2009, 06:51:57 am »
Orr..
There could be an old prophecy of a beast of the shadows that was thought to be a deity of evil, that would be awakened when Hyrule was at its most chaotic, and when the Triforce was distorted (hmm, Scepter of Distortion? =D), and that only the hero of time could save Hyrule. Thus, a few years after Ganondorf was sealed, that fulfilled the prophecy of distorting the power of the Triforce, and because of the Hylians greed, Hyrule is thrown into a point of chaos.

Well I'm not sure...

Well it could work, but you will be making Ganondorf a servant of this deity. The reason the Triforce of Power went corrupt, was Ganondorfs insane lust for power and ambition. Though you could argue that Ganondorf would fake servitude and wait for the right moment to take over, but a Deity that was held captive by the power of the Gods, would probably have destroyed Ganondorf by then. Secondly, such a Deity would never release the power that is capable of sealing him again. You could make the story Link undoing the seal created by the sages to release Ganondorf. But to have Ganondorf as the final bad guy then would be like Four Swords Adventures and TP. Most people say that he was put as the big bad guy, just to have HIM as the big bad guy.

I think the biggest problem you have is you wanting to collect Triforce of Power shards in a story that is a sequel OOT.

Errrmmm. it's Koume and Kotake. I think... just had to fix your typo there.

Thnx I had not noticed the typo.

We are having discussions about the story, and some of us (including me) want to do a complete remodel of the story; but we are having trouble coming up with a main theme:

- Time switching, OOT
- Transformations, MM

Can you help out?

We have four options:

- Remodel the story
- Create OOT2D
- Create TP2D
- Make an original game

What are your thoughts?

I think this depends on the gameplay you are capable of and willing to program. The title of the game and the stories in Zelda games are often based on that. And if it becomes an original story, I wouldn't worry to much about it being a sequel to any of the existing Zelda games. Nintendo has never done, unless it was a direct sequel like MM.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2009, 08:48:18 am by Niek »

Ethelon

Awesome Resized Avys
« Reply #66 on: June 20, 2009, 06:03:02 pm »
Eh, well I'm all for OOT2D... I'm sick of promises that haven't been delivered. Now I do believe TRM is in Iraq, nothing he can do about that, and it's good that he's serving the US. Not to flame here, but I read the entire OOT2D++ topic, and not to insult Joker here, but the overall content of the entire topic was people complaining it was a mockup, Joker defending himself, some screenshots here and there, and everytime a demo seemed close, something happened, like a remake in GM.etc Really made me mad, took me an hour reading that, and not to mention the other OOT2D ones at GMC (no offense here), but anyone could make it with a couple of engines compiled together. It's a main reason I just want to make an OOT2D remake, but this time actually giving good demos out when promised.etc

« Reply #67 on: June 21, 2009, 06:20:47 am »
  • Team Dekunutz
Quote from: Niek
I think this depends on the gameplay you are capable of and willing to program. The title of the game and the stories in Zelda games are often based on that. And if it becomes an original story, I wouldn't worry to much about it being a sequel to any of the existing Zelda games. Nintendo has never done, unless it was a direct sequel like MM.
I personally think our team has the skill to complete OOT2D. We made need to get another programmer from the start who can be a secondary to me.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #68 on: June 21, 2009, 06:46:54 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
It's not a matter of needing *skills* to make OoT2d... I mean, come on; lttp and even MC style games don't take that much talent :s... It's just being dedicated enough to finish the game past the engine.

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #69 on: June 21, 2009, 06:52:32 am »
It's not a matter of needing *skills* to make OoT2d... I mean, come on; lttp and even MC style games don't take that much talent :s... It's just being dedicated enough to finish the game past the engine.
Could agree with u more
  • Phoenix Heart
« Reply #70 on: June 21, 2009, 07:29:36 am »
  • Team Dekunutz
Need skill to make a decent, worth playing game.
But we will see what happens, nothing is confirmed on what we will be doing yet.
« Reply #71 on: June 29, 2009, 07:51:43 am »
  • AKA "Micah DS"
My advice is, don't try for a 2d remake of any 3d Zelda game. It's one of those cool idea's that would be impressive to see, but it would take too much time and effort to make it a reality as opposed to making a new Zelda game of your own. Also, you won't have as many limits if you're making your own game.

And something I think you should use in the story... The Lost Woods, they are mysterious, magical... within the woods are many paths that lead to many places... oooo, just think what you could do with that huh? Maybe Link could stumble on to a new land through the Lost Woods? You could use the Lost Woods as a sort of gateway to go to many different lands. Maybe Link would have to follow certain secret paths, and maybe he could find scrolls or something that reveal new secret paths to him, leading him to discover new lands or secret groves. The Lost Woods definitely has possibilities to play a main role if you want it to.

EDIT:

Btw, I haven't forgotten about getting those sprites for you. Life just got a little crazy there for a while. I'm still working on some sprites for Martijn, but lately I've been making rapid progress on them, so I should be starting on yours soon if all goes well. I just wanted to let you know.

EDIT x 2 (Oh my!):

Hey Cypras, I just realized that you already have Link walking with a charged sword, he just walks in place. So you've already got the correct sprites, I even checked them in the MC game. The sword doesn't flash like in the MC game, but you could do sparkles or something. It's not like it has to be exactly like the MC style. Anyway, so all I need to do is get the sprites of Link walking with the bow pulled back, which should be simple. ^_^

Also, how is the game coming along? There haven't been any updates for a little while, so I'm just wondering.  :huh:
« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 12:51:01 am by FrozenFire »
  • My Music
« Reply #72 on: July 04, 2009, 12:18:30 am »
  • AKA "Micah DS"
Hey Cypras, I've attached the sprites to this post. I noticed that your bow is different than the one in the MC. I hope that's not a problem because I ripped the MC ones. I don't know if you want to change from your bow to the original one or not, but I ripped all the necessary sprites if you want to change the bow. I also attached some other sprites with Link without the bow, so you can try to insert your bow if you want.

If you've got problems or if I didn't get you what you need. Just let me know and I'll try to help.

Just to let you know though, I've decided that I should only take on one project to help with. So I'm going to try to just help Martijn with his game, even though I'd love to help out with yours as well, I think it's just a little too much though with all that goes on in life. :( However, I will try my best to finish up any requests you may still have on the bow thing, just to make sure you get what you need. :)

Btw, an update on progress would be nice.  XD
  • My Music
« Reply #73 on: July 04, 2009, 03:56:44 am »
  • Team Dekunutz
No progress updates because there has been no progress made. I may use the sprites if the game continues forward may not. Thanks for them though.
« Reply #74 on: July 04, 2009, 07:25:17 am »
  • AKA "Micah DS"
No progress updates because there has been no progress made. I may use the sprites if the game continues forward may not. Thanks for them though.

Ok. Just remember, nothing good comes easy. This game really has potential and it'd be a shame to see it get abandoned like so many other games on ZFGC. Either way, your welcome for the sprites. They weren't hard to rip, so don't feel bad if you don't use them. Besides, I can always upload them in to the resources for everyone else to use... ah, I should do that now.

Anyway, good luck on the game and I hope you can continue to make progress on it. :)
  • My Music

Ethelon

Awesome Resized Avys
« Reply #75 on: July 13, 2009, 06:36:54 pm »
Maybe if Cypras allows me, I can post what I have so far on Kokiri Forest?

« Reply #76 on: July 14, 2009, 11:56:26 am »
  • Team Dekunutz
Sure.

Ethelon

Awesome Resized Avys
« Reply #77 on: July 14, 2009, 05:37:53 pm »

Note: I don't have the shore tiles yet, so if you have them, that'd be really useful.

Yay!.
Btw Cypras if you haven't checked GMP, I put up some mapping progress I did. Done with sketching out the Deku Tree in 2D. Should I go ahead with cave tiles?

So if any of you have shore tiles or cave tiles, posting them would be extremely helpful. MC style.

Thanks.
-Ethelon
« Last Edit: July 16, 2009, 10:39:38 pm by Ethelon »

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #78 on: July 14, 2009, 05:53:45 pm »
  • .越//
you guys make sure to credit the spriters which graphics you used... ;)

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

Minish Cap Beta:Firerod Icon, Majoras Mask:ChuChu, Ocarina of Time:Gossip Stone, Oracle Series:Link plays the "Herpes of Ages", Impa, Wand Maker: HUD
~GB-Zelda Style~
Ocarina of Time: Deku Caca
~Other~
Paper Mario Style Zelda&Link, Tetra Trackers HUD-Cleanups

Ethelon

Awesome Resized Avys
« Reply #79 on: July 14, 2009, 05:57:29 pm »
The customs were made by someone on our team, he did them awhile ago on his own OoT2d attempt in Rpgmaker.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.077 seconds with 94 queries.