Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Yano- An Adventure  (Read 2650 times)

uma

Yano- An Adventure
« on: July 17, 2006, 03:34:28 am »
  • Ghosts can have Aliens too you know.
Made in Rpgmaker 2003

Yano- An Adventure is a game that combines both comedy and rpg elements. Big thanks to Charas project for having there charas generater!!!

Update!!!
July 27, 06

Things have been going pretty nicely so far. Scripting the AI is going pretty nicely too. Each enemy will have a different style of AI. Some will wander randomly, some will walk a path until the hero gets close enough, then it goes after you. Some will only move when your moving. All in all, its going nicely.

Also new screen.

---STORY---

A dark and evil being has come to the valley and kidnapped the 7 princesses of purity. The valley had become a dark place and monsters started to appear everywhere! There was a hero, but he isn't that reliable... so a fairy was sent to him, to help guide him on his quest to save the valley!

The entire game takes center over 1 playable character, who is named Yano. He's not exactly the best hero or the brightest but he is the hero. He's the one who brings alot of the comedy into the game, as he is able to talk(Unlike Link). The whole game is really just 1 big Zelda parody, so when I get a demo, you all are in for something different.

---SCREENS!---
Newest!

Inside the first dungeon.

Stormy is rainy cloud with a bad attitude that tries to disrupt your adventure!!!!

This screen was taken when I didn't have any sprites for the icons... I forgot to update it.

In the valley, a busy town full of animals and humans alike!

Casting thunder on an enemy that no one has ever seen before.(Just kidding.)
---FEATURES!---

A Zelda style adventure which has a small twist; A score bar. This score bar keeps track of everything you've killed.(Monsters) and depending on how much score you have you can level up like getting extra bonuses. But that it's self has a twist; When you save your game, your score will drop to zero and you lose all your bonuses! There is real leveling up like after boss fights you will get an increase in all your stats which will stay forever, but the score bonuses don't.

Also a day and night system.(Which explains the little block with a sun in it.) If its a sun, its day. If its a moon, its night. Nuf' said.

Zelda style menu! Yes your quest features many zelda esque items.(Bombs, bow and arrows, hookshot) but with many more you won't see in a zelda game.

Instead of just having a sword to fight monsters with, you can get other items to equip as a weapon such as boxing gloves or a daggers!

Magic system, magic system. Truly magical! Pressing 1 will allow you to do magic thats assigned to the 1 key. Such as thunder, fire, ice, ect...

Also this game comes complete with a topic that both advertises it and is what your reading now! This is the icing on the cake! Or if there was a cake, this would be the data-flavored icing on top, baby!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2006, 04:07:13 pm by uma »
Ghosts of Aliens
Entire project progress: About 20%

My FurAffinity!
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/umathefurry/
Re: Yano- An Adventure
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2006, 04:04:15 am »
  • You're the yellow bird that I've been waiting for.
Looks pretty freaking sweet :] I love FSM tiles look really nice too. Can't wait for a demo.

Pedlya

Pederp
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2006, 04:07:50 am »
  • Vote for Harvey!~
In my opinion the sprites are very ugly, but I wish you luck on it.
So what! I wanna get out! 'Cos there's so much out there! So many different people, living different lives! Incredibly good guys, bad guys... Folks completely different from us! It's one huge melting pot! See, it's not about success, dying in the streets, who's better, who's not! I just want to be a part of it! I realized that even if I've no connections, no talent, even if I'm one big loser, I want to use my hands and feet to think and move, to shape my own life! We can just die here or we can try, see what we've got!

uma

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2006, 04:45:35 am »
In my opinion the sprites are very ugly, but I wish you luck on it.

I was never a fan of RTP style sprites myself. I personaly don't like them either, but I remember back when I was really bad at gamemaking and there was only rm2k, alot of games were awesome and had there own original style. So I was like 'Hmm... I haven't ever played an Rm2k3 game that brings me back to then...' so I decided to make a game like that. But to do so, I had to make is as amatuer as I possibly could, so I used RTP style sprites.
Ghosts of Aliens

My FurAffinity!

uma

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2006, 01:12:41 am »
Minor Update guys. See first post.
Ghosts of Aliens

My FurAffinity!

uma

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2006, 04:02:22 pm »
Another update.(First page)
Ghosts of Aliens

My FurAffinity!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.119 seconds with 49 queries.

anything