Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Poll

Rate the Game! (Rating a 2 to 0, you must supply a reason)

5/5
- 1 (14.3%)
4/5
- 2 (28.6%)
3/5
- 2 (28.6%)
2/5
- 1 (14.3%)
1/5
- 1 (14.3%)
0/5
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: LoZ: Twin Moons (R-I-P)  (Read 13739 times)

DeathTailsz

Wanderer
Re: [WIP] LoZ: Twin Moons(14/21/08: Screenshots)
« Reply #40 on: August 19, 2008, 03:24:08 am »
  • Angelic Hymn
Some of the foreground-BG's need some work. When going to the upper right house on the map,
the hud gets behind the house  :o Also, sometimes you can see Links feet stick out of some foreground-Backgrounds.

Nice demo though, the style is very smooth and the MC-Style Link fits good with custom ZFGC style.

Edit: Also LOL at Link swearing  XD
Lawl, if you've played Silent Hill 2, you'll get what I meant by "Wooden Plank"
Good luck with it  ;)
(Red parts are by me.)
Anyways, yeah, there are a few, "Depth" problems with the game, mainly the HUD, how I can fix the hud is beyond my control, unless someone can help me with it.
I thoroughly enjoyed this, the engine was smooth and it looked lovely. Just a few things...
1) The HUD disappeared behind some things
2) Links green seems a bit sharp compared to the ZFGC style.
3) Things like the stairs and the doorways inside the house don't look finished, they just look cut out.

But those are all aesthetic, the game itself was really good.
1) I don't know how to exactly fix the depth problem.
2) I don't see to much, it's probably due to my edit, although, i'm going to change Link back to his original colours.
3)I still haven't finished it, but, i'll get cracking on it.

Thanks, the game is also featured on the Games>WIP area, that's where i'll put the download to the game from now on, my website is for an alternate way to download it, but, I don't think we'll be needing it.

EDIT: Zelda API may be added to the game, maybe
« Last Edit: August 19, 2008, 09:08:36 am by DeathTailsz »

"More like Stupei Ace Defective!" - Yukari - Persona 3
  • StarFox 2D

DeathTailsz

Wanderer
Re: [Demo] LoZ: Twin Moons
« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2009, 02:34:49 am »
  • Angelic Hymn
*Alarm goes off* "Ugn... What?  Summer time already and I have to atleast start a decent game project cause I sorta died sometime this year?  Awesz..."

Anyways, I've actually been working on this game. (Oh noez, progress, also, I got an Xbox 360...  If that's news to anyone. v_v)

Anyways, I've been changing Links sprites and sorta been trying to make the land less blander and doing a lot of... stuff...?

So, only two updates right now...

I just found the GMD, so I could start working on it...

I also got GM7, so I can take the GM Converter off of my game in the hub...

Umm, Huzzah?

• StarFox 2D

DeathTailsz

Wanderer
Re: [Demo] LoZ: Twin Moons(07/17/09 - OMG It's a...
« Reply #42 on: July 18, 2009, 09:01:03 pm »
  • Angelic Hymn
Some new things to add to the table that spins right round,
- Text Engine (Finally, made my own, changes it's color)
- Link's sprites have been changed again, this time to PureMinish, instead of darkened one. (Goes best with the ZFGC tiles)
Also, one glitch that was fixed:
- HUD has it's own object, to avoid depth problems with it. (Thanks to Ploupa and SlimmyG for finding this)

I have a question, since no one has commented on how the HUD looks, what do you think of the Item Holder and the Text Box?  I made them from scratch, so I'd really appreciate the feed back.

Item Box

Message Box
(Edit: Feel free to download them, I'm placing them in the resources area anyways, please do not claim as your own, credit is not need, but would be nice.)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2009, 09:51:05 pm by DeathTailsz »

• StarFox 2D
« Reply #43 on: July 19, 2009, 10:34:23 am »
I ran your demo and it looks really good, but I found two glitches, besides the earlier mentioned glitch of the HUD.

- 1.png shows Link partially over above the wall. Something went wrong with the door I think.
- 2.png shows Link standing on a house. Also a collision detection error.

About the HUD. It would have been nice if you added a preview or mock-up. The message box boundary looks good, but as 3.png shows the text is difficult visible, due to the game shining through. The text box needs a monocolor (semitransparent) background. In this case black or dark grey would be the best.

Also the item of the sword looks really strange in the upper right corner and is difficult to see. If you lay a button that shows which key to press behind the sword it would be better. Any other buttons used would also be nice to show.

The itembox I don't know. I need to see an item in it.

DeathTailsz

Wanderer
« Reply #44 on: July 20, 2009, 09:50:14 pm »
  • Angelic Hymn
I ran your demo and it looks really good, but I found two glitches, besides the earlier mentioned glitch of the HUD.

- 1.png shows Link partially over above the wall. Something went wrong with the door I think.
- 2.png shows Link standing on a house. Also a collision detection error.

About the HUD. It would have been nice if you added a preview or mock-up. The message box boundary looks good, but as 3.png shows the text is difficult visible, due to the game shining through. The text box needs a monocolor (semitransparent) background. In this case black or dark grey would be the best.

Also the item of the sword looks really strange in the upper right corner and is difficult to see. If you lay a button that shows which key to press behind the sword it would be better. Any other buttons used would also be nice to show.

The itembox I don't know. I need to see an item in it.
Oh, thanks for finding these. o.o
1. I've noticed this a few times, I'll try and fix it.
2. Oh, wow, I didn't realize this one, either.
3. I'll try and create a semitrans box, but, for now it will be a solid black colour.

Oh, that was a test for the menu system for your items... (Although, there was no background for it yet, since most of the HUD is green, I'm currently sketching out the menu for your main items, equipment and so on.)

Anyways, the maps are sorta being redesigned, so the current village will be remodeled.

• StarFox 2D

DeathTailsz

Wanderer
« Reply #45 on: July 22, 2009, 02:12:39 am »
  • Angelic Hymn
Small update folks.
Since I have .wav files and .mid/i files, I want to use both of them, but I don't want to incress the game.exe file size. (Dear god that'd be terrible if it got over 20mbs due to music and the loading times were about 4mins)

So, here's the update:
- .mid and .wav files are external, the game is automatically set to .mid music, but, you can change the music score to .wav, or to none (Yay, I can listen to different music, sweet!)
- Story change, I'm currently making the dream area (OMG, foreshadowing for a future dungeon!)
which involves Link going through part of it, with a sword and stuff, and (Spoilers alert, please do not spoil it for yourself if your looking for a "Plot twist.")
Show content
touches one of the Moon Shards and is engulfed by darkness.

I should have screenshots later tonight, if not, afternoon tomorrow.

Edit: No absolute paths, since I know how to set short paths. (Usually uses the .\ stuff, so it finds the music file under where the game is, then goes into the file music, then plays the file.)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 02:58:22 am by DeathTailsz »

• StarFox 2D
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 52 queries.

anything