Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda: The Legendary Swords (Update 1/17/07)  (Read 15612 times)

Re: The Legend of Zelda: The Legendary Swords (U...
« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2007, 04:32:46 am »
i thought it was pretty solid at first.. but everything just seemed to fall apart.

first I needed the cncs232.dll that so many games need which is always annoying, started up the game first thing I noticed was how much I hated the music.. I really hate all the zelda remix midis they all sound bad, you should really just stick to the traditional midis
movement was okay, I don't really like the sprite recolour, sword was really bad, its only half the slash but since you did it for all angles I assume its on purpose though I have no idea why anyone would do this.
cutting bushes is a glitchy mess, hard to cut them, then sometimes you can just walk through them and they get cut, but they grow back way too fast so you can get stuck in there

needs a lot of work sorry

Fox

Turnbeutelvergesser since 1988.
« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2007, 02:18:26 pm »
i thought it was pretty solid at first.. but everything just seemed to fall apart.

first I needed the cncs232.dll that so many games need which is always annoying, started up the game first thing I noticed was how much I hated the music.. I really hate all the zelda remix midis they all sound bad, you should really just stick to the traditional midis
movement was okay, I don't really like the sprite recolour, sword was really bad, its only half the slash but since you did it for all angles I assume its on purpose though I have no idea why anyone would do this.
cutting bushes is a glitchy mess, hard to cut them, then sometimes you can just walk through them and they get cut, but they grow back way too fast so you can get stuck in there

Ah... I think you didn't follow that project long enough... this demo is, like, REALLY old. Several years. I'm pretty sure ATH improved ever since then, and stuff. :3
  • Me on deviantART

Sparks the Echidna

« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2007, 06:54:48 pm »

Ah... I think you didn't follow that project long enough... this demo is, like, REALLY old. Several years. I'm pretty sure ATH improved ever since then, and stuff. :3
It's the newest release, but it is quite old. I realize there are tons of bugs that need to be fixed. I'm reworking everything from scratch, but using the way I did most of it as a guideline. The real game will have a lot better engine. As for the sprite recolor, it's just a placeholder until I decide on a final Link sprite. The reason why it only did half the sword slash is because it's the same Link sprite I've used since the first demo that my old partner Alex the Hedgehog used. For some reason he only included half the sword swinging animation and I didn't feel like recoloring the rest of the frames. It's all really just to get the idea of the gameplay. I'll release something along the lines of a demo as soon as I get the engine working better.
« Reply #43 on: January 18, 2007, 11:11:49 pm »
Whoa, Zora's Domain Shop look HOT!
the a o d c

skynitebreaks

« Reply #44 on: January 26, 2007, 02:19:00 am »
Well the ally system have a co-op option?

Sparks the Echidna

« Reply #45 on: January 26, 2007, 03:13:48 am »
No, sorry. The ally system will work as if you have a team of npcs on your side. If I added a co-op option I would probably have to make it online and story modes aren't really made to be played that way, especially in Zelda.

Source

Internet Tough Guy.
« Reply #46 on: January 26, 2007, 03:22:57 am »
  • Things to see and people to do.
I don't know if this has been mentioned, but after you get the sword, you can cut bushes simply by running into them.
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone thought to themselves "You know, I really want to set those people over there on fire." - George Carlin

(!@#$%)

Hear the haunting words (They'll find you alone)
lost children with no heart are crying (Turning their hearts into stone)
and you're the lost mother they're calling
Go now, run and hide (seek more than vengeance)
I hear them crying at night (your pain is their satisfaction)
outside when the planets are falling (for the rest of time)
They want to feel and know you hear them (Go now, run and hide)

• http://giantcock.netne.net/

Sparks the Echidna

« Reply #47 on: January 26, 2007, 03:36:15 am »
Haha. I'm glad you pointed that out. I didn't realize that. Thanks for letting me know. As of now I'm completely redoing the sword and items part of the engine. I believe I can do a lot better than what I did before. As for the movement, it will be the same concept, just less buggy.

skynitebreaks

« Reply #48 on: January 27, 2007, 12:24:00 am »
No, sorry. The ally system will work as if you have a team of npcs on your side. If I added a co-op option I would probably have to make it online and story modes aren't really made to be played that way, especially in Zelda.

I mean't like co-op on one keyboard, like 2-3 or three people on one keyboard, not online coop

Sparks the Echidna

« Reply #49 on: January 27, 2007, 06:28:33 am »

I mean't like co-op on one keyboard, like 2-3 or three people on one keyboard, not online coop
Eh, I'm not really sure what you mean exactly. Like in Four Swords Adventures? If so, then no. You will be able to switch to your allies and play as them, but only one character at a time.

Source

Internet Tough Guy.
« Reply #50 on: January 27, 2007, 07:39:29 am »
  • Things to see and people to do.
Haha. I'm glad you pointed that out. I didn't realize that. Thanks for letting me know. As of now I'm completely redoing the sword and items part of the engine. I believe I can do a lot better than what I did before. As for the movement, it will be the same concept, just less buggy.

No problem. ;)

As for the movement, it's not really that bad. All you really need to do is make Link slower, as he's WAY too fast at the moment.
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone thought to themselves "You know, I really want to set those people over there on fire." - George Carlin

(!@#$%)

Hear the haunting words (They'll find you alone)
lost children with no heart are crying (Turning their hearts into stone)
and you're the lost mother they're calling
Go now, run and hide (seek more than vengeance)
I hear them crying at night (your pain is their satisfaction)
outside when the planets are falling (for the rest of time)
They want to feel and know you hear them (Go now, run and hide)

• http://giantcock.netne.net/

skynitebreaks

« Reply #51 on: January 27, 2007, 06:15:21 pm »

Eh, I'm not really sure what you mean exactly. Like in Four Swords Adventures? If so, then no. You will be able to switch to your allies and play as them, but only one character at a time.

Oh, I always thought the game will be like 2player offline co-op

painjoiker

« Reply #52 on: January 28, 2007, 04:00:16 pm »
Where is the DLL. I can't play the game without it.

Sparks the Echidna

« Reply #53 on: January 28, 2007, 08:47:32 pm »
I updated the download link with the dlls included in the zip file. Sorry for the inconvenience.
« Reply #54 on: May 05, 2007, 11:40:07 pm »
  • I support The Legend Of Zelda: Hero Of Time DS
YO man once this game is done You should port it to the NDS

blackmoon

« Reply #55 on: May 06, 2007, 01:09:27 am »
Is that all you can say, Bomberman?

Hey, Sparks, those sprites are looking very, very awesome. I don't suppose that there would be any way I could persuade you into letting me have some?
« Reply #56 on: May 10, 2007, 07:41:47 pm »
NO there not. I just say that because all these game would would be good on the DS.

Devy

« Reply #57 on: May 11, 2007, 01:25:53 am »
NO there not. I just say that because all these game would would be good on the DS.
hmm is that why you joined? to post so people would make you happy?
« Reply #58 on: May 18, 2007, 01:46:42 am »
Nope, I joinde casue I think Zelda Games are amazing.

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #59 on: May 18, 2007, 05:17:59 pm »
  • To bomb or not to bomb...
looks great. can't wait to play.

Mirby Studios | Share & Enjoy now available! (Links above!) | Games I've Beaten
Quote from: Mamoruanime
I like-like it :D
  • Mirby Studios
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.21 seconds with 78 queries.