Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: So I was playing Half-life Oposing force and I noticed something strange!  (Read 1871 times)

So I was playing Half-life Oposing force and I n...
« on: December 28, 2008, 10:28:45 pm »

Does anybody know what those things are supposed to be?
Re: So I was playing Half-life Oposing force and...
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2008, 10:37:44 pm »
  • Super Hero Time!
Chances are it's a Shock Trooper who was accidentally spawned there and was stuck trying to shoot that bomb thing it shoots (or a Bullsquid trying to shoot acid). Did you try noclipping to it?
« Last Edit: December 28, 2008, 10:39:16 pm by Zidane »
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2008, 11:52:28 pm »
Chances are it's a Shock Trooper who was accidentally spawned there and was stuck trying to shoot that bomb thing it shoots (or a Bullsquid trying to shoot acid). Did you try noclipping to it?
Well I no-clipped it and it are just a bunch of particles! Although when I shot a few times on it, some blood appeared... :O

And more weird !@#$% happend! a fellow soldier that got stuck in a door and somehow looped the sound you hear when a door gets opened!

And now I'm at 3a1 and when I press the switch you can see below, the game freezes... :(

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2008, 12:28:45 am »
  • b e p i s
Sorta looks like a Vortigaunt spawn. I'm betting it didn't spawn properly for some reason.
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2008, 12:31:30 am »
  • Super Hero Time!
Well I no-clipped it and it are just a bunch of particles! Although when I shot a few times on it, some blood appeared... :O

Yeah sounds like an enemy appeared or something and either it's "stuck" behind that black border you see or it's just a screwed up spawn :P Which map was it on? (and does it show up everytime you go to that map?)

And more weird !@#$% happend! a fellow soldier that got stuck in a door and somehow looped the sound you hear when a door gets opened!

rofl, I've never heard of that, but I've heard of them getting stuck (which you can get them out by getting them to follow you).

And now I'm at 3a1 and when I press the switch you can see below, the game freezes... :(

Whoa weird. I just went to try it out and it crashes for me too. Bah some update probably funked it. I'd try verifying the cache files. (I'm going to try that too).
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2008, 12:33:57 am »

You too a screen shot to prove your game freezes?...
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2008, 12:43:59 am »
Whoa weird. I just went to try it out and it crashes for me too. Bah some update probably funked it. I'd try verifying the cache files. (I'm going to try that too).
I just verified the cache files but nothing changed. -_-

No to show what switch makes the game freeze!
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2008, 12:45:58 am »

No to show what switch makes the game freeze!

OHHHH yeah, that'd make more sense :P
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2008, 12:49:13 am »
  • Super Hero Time!

I've looked around and many others have this problem, it's been happening since the last update. Hopefully Valve fixes this =/
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2008, 12:59:29 am »
ahhh, that sucks about the game freezing thing.
I never played OF before and bought it since it was a dollar.
Hopefully Blue Shift won't have a freezing bug like that since I am downloading it right now.
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2008, 01:00:30 am »

I've looked around and many others have this problem, it's been happening since the last update. Hopefully Valve fixes this =/
Well the last update was on October the 22th and the problem still hasn't been fixed... Is Valve even aware of this problem? If not then shouldn't we all be reporting it to them? Or keep bugging them about it until they do something about it?... Because I really want to play the game!

DJvenom

super-sage
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2008, 02:05:55 am »
  • Colbydude was here.
Opposing Force and Blue Shift freeze on me at a bunch of random spots. Just goes to show you outsourcing your games ftl. Blue Shift always freezes for me when you're about to go down the elevator. Both the scientists explode for some reason and I get discharged for improperly using my firearm. Have you tried restarting the entire game (storywise, not .exe wise), and maybe next_mapping to 3a1?

As for that particle emitter, it looks like it might be a lame attempt at sparking effect on the track that never got removed. Also looks kind of like the gas grenades from TFC. A lot of HL's engine's entities bleed if you shoot them. Especially if they're flagged wrong.

Hope the problem gets solved soon. Opposing force is an awesome game!
« Last Edit: December 29, 2008, 02:07:28 am by DJvenom »
I do art
I ermmm... DID do art
I do art
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2008, 02:08:23 am »
Opposing Force and Blue Shift are awesome expansions, and I got them right before the sale. I hope that I don't experience any of these bugs.
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2008, 02:12:05 am »
  • Super Hero Time!
Opposing Force and Blue Shift freeze on me at a bunch of random spots. Just goes to show you outsourcing your games ftl. Blue Shift always freezes for me when you're about to go down the elevator. Both the scientists explode for some reason and I get discharged for improperly using my firearm. Have you tried restarting the entire game (storywise, not .exe wise), and maybe next_mapping to 3a1?

Hmm, I've only experienced that Blue Shift problem once in the past, but never got it again. I actually just played through some of it yesterday and never got it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 62 queries.