Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hate to be the one to say this, but...  (Read 3229 times)

DJvenom

super-sage
Hate to be the one to say this, but...
« on: January 26, 2011, 12:24:32 pm »
  • Colbydude was here.
Why exactly is Shadowgazer still stickied in Zelda Projects, if not only is it NOT going to be a Zelda game, but it also is no longer being actively developed on this site? All I see the topic doing is sparking "Hey why cant I download shadowgazer?" "Hey where is shadowgazer?" "hey can I use graphics from shadowgazer?" topics. I mean I love KingMob and all for being so passionate about making the game what it was, and getting it so popular, but should we really be cradling it like that? Especially an old unsupported version. Really, aside from projects of the month, no one game should be sponsored by ZFGC, just because of it's popularity, as it comes across almost as like trying to leech users out of the aforementioned game. Maybe it's just me, but I really see no reason why the topic can't just be sent to the archive either until KingMob returns with news of his IP, or as memento to the original, and KM can make a new topic.

Just saying.
I do art
I ermmm... DID do art
I do art
Re: Hate to be the one to say this, but...
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 01:02:33 pm »
I had it stickied in Zelda Projects because if it wasn't new users would ask about what happened to it more than once. I ended up locking it because some newer users would post in that topic asking King Mob what his progress was on the game even after he said he was no longer making it as a Zelda game. To that point though, most of the topic was discussion over his game as a Zelda project and the board is where they would most likely first look (and as mentioned by many of them failing to read it when it was there, I don't think they'd really bother looking around another board for it).

Usually though the topic provides information as to what they are looking for if they read it, and I wouldn't blame the topic for users coming here and talking about the Shadowgazer. The YouTube videos which refer back to this place explicitly bring in more users than the topic does. That is not to say that I am opposed to sending the topic to the Archive as there will have to be topics set up in both Zelda Projects and Other Projects for the projects which are completed. It was a neat project though and I don't want to put it in a place where it would just be forgotten.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 01:05:46 pm by 4Sword »

DJvenom

super-sage
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2011, 01:07:55 pm »
  • Colbydude was here.
I can respect that. I completely forgot the trailer linked back to this forum.
I do art
I ermmm... DID do art
I do art
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2011, 05:46:52 pm »
I have to agree with DJ. I understand your reason for keeping it stickied, but unfortunately keeping it stickied has the same results. As long as there are people coming here because of the trailer they will always be asking it. The topic has a great number of pages and I think King Mob's announcement is not even on the last 5 pages anymore. Thus all in all, keeping it stickied or not will have the same effect of new users wondering what has happened.
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2011, 09:44:23 pm »
Meh, fine. I will unsticky the topic but leave it in the Zelda Projects board. The Archive of memorable topics is mostly the spammy posts that got popular and while one could say that moving it there might make the board better, it is still crowded out by filth and the topic itself still has all the qualifications of being in the Zelda Projects board.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 44 queries.