Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Request] Chiming Bells Tiling Feedback  (Read 1641 times)

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
[Request] Chiming Bells Tiling Feedback
« on: December 08, 2011, 10:04:13 am »
Howdy folks! Today I require tiling feedback and maybe hints to make it better? A bit of information is needed for this.

In Chiming Bells, the Yetis reside in the Frozen Peaks. Unlike their appearance in Twilight Princess, they have created a habitat for the race. In Chiming Bells, they have become a race who salvage and collect goods and sell them (and gained the title as "Merchants of Hyrule") now I have been on a designers block on how to show this then it hit me. The only proper way in a slightly more evolved Hyrule (remember the steam punk? well the Yetis dont use steam punk as much (But in the Fire Chapter gorons use tons of steam punk!) as other races).

Make a Hyrule frozen version of a shopping mall. So I set around going into the town I live in looking at the shopping malls (The older ones not the newer ones) and tiled my idea of the shopping mall.

Now the idea of a shopping mall in Zelda is a bit contreversial in due to it being a modern day idea but I felt I made it work. Anyway, I'd like to hear some feedback in regards to the tiling (it's not finished. proof of such is that two shops haven't been tiled to basics yet.)

Now what about the red stuff and the images circled in red? That's what the shop is and what it sells. The letters relate to the shop)

Shops
A - Fairy Queen's Tunic Store
B - Miyamoto's Design Shop
C - ???'s Shop (Secretly Vaati)
D - Shara's Bottle Shop
E - Smith's Shield Shop
F - Gora's Coal Shop
G - Icali's Mechanics Store (Part of the story)
H - Empty Store (For Sale in the game. Maybe? :P)
I - Bug Catcher's Pet Shop
J - Oaku's Bolt Bazaar
K - Grandma's Potion Branch
L - Marco's Bomb Shop
M - Old Woman's Potion Shop (Nothing sellable as you don't have license. Allusion :P)
N - Iceberg Cafe

I'd also love to hear suggestions for shops! They don't have to sell stuff to the player (in fact I'd like this more) (and maybe someway to get the Chain Chomp allusion across?)

Things Left to Add
-Shop signs and features so you can tell which shop is which (hence the windows on near most of the doors)
-Lanterns so you can do midnight shopping
-Plant features
-Cafe stuff
-The other two shops

How does the Frozen Mall help in Chiming Bells
As you complete sidequests, more of the stores become open. Someone of them don't sell items however the ones that do. Well think of it as a Malo Mart turned into a Malo Mall. Ridiculously low prices on stuff!
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 03:18:41 pm by King Tetiro »
  • Phoenix Heart
Re: [Request] Chiming Bells Tiling Feedback
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2011, 10:23:41 pm »
  • It's just Max.
I dunno. Personally, I think I'd like it to be a bit smaller, and perhaps less open. More like diagon alley, less like a shopping mall, but it isn't too bad. Everything is really monotonous, so I'd suggest adding more color, although not necessarily in the walls. Signs and items, maybe some stores have shelves outside with clearance merchandise, as many stores do in this age.

The windows were really confusing at first (holy crap everything is a door!), and although I worked it out, maybe make that more obvious? Add items on the inside shelf, or add glass (ice?).
I'm also sure it'll be better with NPCs.

Also, as for the empty shops... I'd suggest emilinating them. Adding stuff to a game just for the sake of making it bigger isn't really a good idea. And the mall already seems a bit confusing and unwieldy.

It's for sure an interesting idea, though. But a little color would go a long way.

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
Re: [Request] Chiming Bells Tiling Feedback
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2011, 11:58:50 am »
I dunno. Personally, I think I'd like it to be a bit smaller, and perhaps less open. More like diagon alley, less like a shopping mall, but it isn't too bad. Everything is really monotonous, so I'd suggest adding more color, although not necessarily in the walls. Signs and items, maybe some stores have shelves outside with clearance merchandise, as many stores do in this age.

The windows were really confusing at first (holy crap everything is a door!), and although I worked it out, maybe make that more obvious? Add items on the inside shelf, or add glass (ice?).
I'm also sure it'll be better with NPCs.

Also, as for the empty shops... I'd suggest emilinating them. Adding stuff to a game just for the sake of making it bigger isn't really a good idea. And the mall already seems a bit confusing and unwieldy.

It's for sure an interesting idea, though. But a little color would go a long way.

Diagon Alley - You gotta remember these Yetis live on a freaking mountain. Besides, I want the Frozen Capital and its Mall to be more spacious than the other villages/towns/cities. Mainly to emphasize on the fact they are on a mountain.

More colour - I shall be adding more colour

Signs, items and clearance shelves - I will be doing this soon!

Windows - All done. Working on the other stores

Empty Shops - Im figuring them out as I go. Plus I had my reasons.

Time to work on it!
  • Phoenix Heart
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.392 seconds with 43 queries.

anything