Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Satanism  (Read 5006 times)

Satanism
« on: September 12, 2008, 02:25:45 am »
  • n___n
Guys, I think I may be a satanist.

basically, here's what satanism is:
-they do not believe in heaven or hell, or God or Satan.
-heaven and hell are merely states of mind.
-to a satanist, he or she is their OWN god.
-they live life to indulge.
-they don't waste time and love on ingrates. they don't believe in herd conformity or religious pipe dreams
-they focus on enjoying life and doing as they please (but there are rules, so, if raping=hapiness, then so be it, but thats a no no)

many people actually live by the philosophies of satanism (as they are based upon the carnal instincts of humans), but dont want to be refered to as satanists. most americans just call themselves christians even though they do not know what that religion fully entails as far as beliefs go, rituals, etc.

from wiki:
Current church teachings have laid claim to philosophical ideas such as individualism, self-indulgence, and "eye for an eye" morality, and teachings from Friedrich Nietzsche and Ayn Rand. Borrowing Crowley's terminology, its adherents define Satanism as a "Left-Hand Path" religion, rejecting traditional "Right-Hand Path" religions such as Christianity for their perceived denial of life and emphasis on guilt and abstinence. Unlike Theistic Satanism, which is rejected by the Church of Satan as Christian heresy rather than Satanism, it does not literally worship Satan, but rather uses Satan as a symbol for people's natural inner desires, emphasizing atheism in contrast to worship of any god

It's really complicated. I'm doing a research paper on it in my Comp. Comm. class in my high school as a senior project.

Really, this overview is very poor but I'm tired and I just wanted to put it out there. I'll go back later and fix it up, adding details and such.

Discuss.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 02:34:28 am by araknidude »
yo yo yo

araknid_kid@yahoo.com = email and MSN
HellsExecutionR = AIM
araknidude = XBox Live gamertag
Re: Satanism
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2008, 02:28:41 am »
Ha, I am surprised that you can do this subject as at least my old high school issued suspensions if you so much as talked about Satan or anything that sounded demonic openly.  But what do you want to debate?  Whether it is cool or not to be one?
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2008, 02:32:47 am »
  • n___n
I guess. Deciding whether it is wrong to be a satanist, or just hearing people's opinions. Personally, I believe in religious tolerance. jewish, christian, muslim, satanist, agnostic, etc. doesn't matter. people have a right o believe in what they want.

yo yo yo

HellsExecutionR = AIM
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2008, 02:35:55 am »
I sometimes view myself as a god, but that is only when I am a bunch of weak and/or stupid people; its just an odd feeling to be better than certain people in a group, but I am always reminded that I might be the inferior one somewhere else.  As such, I indulge in the idea a bit, but any ideals of superiority on the part of the individual only serve to expose a nasty hubris.  It's as dangerous to feel better as it is to feel happy oddly.

I think that people have the right to believe whatever they want, so long as they do not impose it on others or claim what they believe as fact to others who may not share their beliefs.
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2008, 02:39:21 am »
  • 虫めづる姫君
Satanism is just as stupid as any other organised religion.  Believe in whatever you want; it shouldn't be a communal affair.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2008, 09:42:09 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
Do you also believe you should destroy someone if they cross you? :P That's one of Satanism's commandments.

"When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him."

That's a great philosophy <_<;;

May I direct you to a better religion?

http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/LaVeyan_Vegetarianism
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2008, 10:17:03 am »
  • Fight the Power
So you believe in Satanism, yet not in Satan? I'm confused.
"When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him."
Wtf? This sounds like something gangsters would say. ::)
And what does 'open territory' mean?

Currently Listening to: Mos Def - Summertime

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2008, 10:19:43 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
Well, satanists are very... well... Antisocial :P They keep to themselves. It's a very sheltered and miserable existence really <_<;; "Open Territory" is anywhere out in the public :P

Also "Satanism" refers more towards the philosophy that makes "Satan" who he is, not so much towards the anti-deity/deity/whatever, as they do not believe in deities. They just base their entire structure of beliefs on the opposite of Christianity/Judaism. Which is funny because it's basically Atheist+religion... Which is a contradiction <_<;;
« Last Edit: September 13, 2008, 10:21:48 am by Mamoruanime »
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2008, 10:31:34 am »
  • Fight the Power
Anyways, I took a quick glance at arak's latest posts and stuff.

they don't waste time and love on ingrates. they don't believe in herd conformity or religious pipe dreams

http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=30829.msg345123#msg345123

Maybe I misunderstood though. But, read the other thread ^ if you haven't already.

It doesn't fit, man. :P Just look at his posts, at least on the internet he doesn't look like a guy that would say 'I'm a satanist guys!  :D' He doesn't look antisocial either. One more proof that this is just one big mistake.

Maybe you're just overeacting, arak. I think that you're just really, really confused. D:

Oh and by the way! I remember arak was the first one to answer to my first thread ever! Heh. :)
« Last Edit: September 13, 2008, 01:33:12 pm by Darunia »

Currently Listening to: Mos Def - Summertime
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2008, 12:30:00 am »
I have studied satanism some time ago. And I was really surprised on how it's the opposite, of what I've always heard about it.
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2008, 12:32:58 am »
I have studied satanism some time ago. And I was really surprised on how it's the opposite, of what I've always heard about it.

Thats mainly dude to religious propaganda. And when people hear the word Satan the immediately think Bad.

I agree with a lot of teachings in the Satanic Bible, and further believe in a lot of teachings in the Christian Bible.
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2008, 12:37:00 am »
hmm I beleive in most of those stuff, but If you are satanism you agree 100% in everything they say.. I prefer to live without religion and just follow my own moral rules.
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2008, 03:50:48 pm »
  • Don't Worry Sir, I'm From The Internet.
hmm I beleive in most of those stuff, but If you are satanism you agree 100% in everything they say.. I prefer to live without religion and just follow my own moral rules.
Just like if you are Christian you agree 100% with what the bible says.
Grimace is the demiurge, the creator. From him all things in McDonaldland have sprung. He is not a sin, he's not a menu item, he's just Grimace. He exists. He rolls his lidless eyes and flaps his lipless mouth, formless and terrible, a protean idiot thing from the depths of pre-history.

Kyubi

GET ON THE BALL!
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2008, 02:54:29 pm »
  • :3
Just like if you are Christian you agree 100% with what the bible says.
Yeah, of course you believe 100% in the bible if you're a christian...
Gannon-banned brother.

Vaati

Royal Assassin
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2008, 04:34:06 pm »
  • Royal Assassin
Hello, I don't believe in God or Satan but that doesn't mean I'm satanist, I don't believe a in a fictional person who created Earth.

PS: I got Mother 3! XD
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2008, 08:00:17 am »
  • alastair
I think most people when they think of Satanism think of theistic Satanism, when many modern Satanists are actually LaVeyan Satanists (well so it seems).
Yet despite this I think much of society lives to please our self, heck that's what the media wants us to do. We all want to be our own god, it is in us since the very start of humanity to defy God and go our own way.
So it doesn't surprise me that some would want to embrace Satanism.

Personally though, I follow the ways of Christ. Even though I love satanic black metal  <3
« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 08:12:26 am by alspal »
  • alastair
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2008, 12:42:15 am »
  • n___n
Holy christian blasphemies, batman! :O

I agree with alot of your replies I have just read.

I for one don't feel comfortable committing myself to a religion because I would feel obligated to follow ALL of it's philosophies and rules even if I don't want to. I agree with many parts of satanism; and disagree with parts of it too. Religion to me is unimportant; to others it can mean everything. And there's nothing wrong with that.

I take bits and pieces from several religions and adhere them to my own moral fibres so that I have a set of rules that I feel comfortable guiding my life by.
yo yo yo

HellsExecutionR = AIM
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.07 seconds with 70 queries.