Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Kinstone Icons  (Read 2496 times)

Kinstone Icons
« on: September 03, 2010, 11:56:40 am »
Did they just get added?

I don't like 'em.
Re: Kinstone Icons
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2010, 12:23:39 pm »
Since a few days. I don't mind them.
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2010, 01:52:58 pm »
They kind of stand out and don't really fit the rest of the forum look. I dunno.
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2010, 02:20:08 pm »
I changed the forum color scheme so that it would be more like the site's color scheme. The windowbg's background color became a little grayer and I was thinking that the hearts could be improved upon - the kinstone icons are all round, maintain the functionality the hearts did, and enabled me to extend that type of icon down into the Info Center. I had to edit the icons such that their black borders were made into a higher shade of green than the windowbg's background color, but doing this allowed it to blend in more and look less jagged.

All of this too is going to look odd at first because it is new. When the heart icons were originally put out, a lot of people thought they were goofy but then either moved to the Midnight theme or got used to them.
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2010, 04:37:53 pm »
I'm diggin the kinstone icon idea. Also I like the lighter green much better than that darker version. It was just kind of an awkward look to me. However I think I'll stick with the Midnight theme. :P
  • https://colbydude.com
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2010, 05:39:59 pm »
They look too much like a sprite that is not completely finished or something. Maybe a little border around them would help.
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2010, 05:51:02 pm »
I guess if you are talking about how Minish Cap sprites use a black border around them, then I understand what you are getting at. The black border though was altered to a higher shade of green than the background so that it would blend in with the background. If I had just used the raw kinstone rips, its black border would look jagged because of how it would be displayed by itself. I had tried to add shading around the raw rips black border (namely where the color parts of the sprite make contact with the background), but the jaggedy look was not reduced that much and in some attempts it was made worse.

I don't know, it is probably because I am bad at making edits, if someone could make it work though with a black border, I'd consider replacing the current images though.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 52 queries.

anything