Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why do my projects keep disapearing from the website database?  (Read 8505 times)

Why do my projects keep disapearing from the web...
« on: June 01, 2013, 10:09:12 pm »
  • ...---^^^---...
So I have noticed over the last little while that many of my projects have been removed from the database for some reason.  First my Smash Bros game, and then my Mario & Luigi game, and my Warcraft fan game, and also my LOZ Shattered Dimensions game, and even some tutorials that I uploaded.  Are they all just falling through the cracks as the site is being updated or does Star just hate all my projects   >:D

No really though...  Some of them are quite old, but some of them I still work on when I have the spare time so it would be nice if they were still here for me to update when I felt like it, or had reason to.  All my old topics are still here, but the download pages aren't...

Anybody else have this problem?

Edit:  So after looking into it further...  Every single one of my projects have been removed...  The only thing I could find with my name on it was an old Fog of War tutorial that never really worked because of a site bug that didn't actually let me upload the file correctly...  It must be a conspiracy.   :huh:
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 10:12:47 pm by Aero88 »
Re: Why do my projects keep disapearing from the...
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2013, 10:12:19 pm »
It's related to the Wiki, here is a post by LorentzChronon about it: http://zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=40644.msg443992#msg443992
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2013, 10:17:48 pm »
  • ...---^^^---...
Ah...  So that explains part of it...  I only see Zelda projects on that page though so what happened to everything else?  Smash Bros, Warcraft, THe Hunt for King Boo?  Am I just missing them or are they not on the wiki or the site?
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2013, 10:55:10 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
I don't recall seeing those particular projects while removing them..in any case, the threads for those projects still exist in the project board.

Please remember you're more than welcome to post your projects on the wiki.  Projects that had no activity were assumed dead and were not migrated.

i love big weenies and i cannot lie
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2013, 01:29:14 am »
  • Personal Saucier
Hi Aero. Sorry for the convenience. We did try to give you guys some ample time and notice, but I guess not all news are read by members.

In any case, the new place for these is definitely the wiki. We're focusing on moving off of the CMS so we can replace it with something much more fitting to ZFGC's future.

Thanks!
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2013, 02:39:09 am »
  • Wooper Don't Give a !@#$%
Respected User Aero88,

A Penny Saved Is a Penny Earned.

Remember to keep backups of all your project assets in case of server failure or other extenuating circumstances! That way you can easily repost your valuable projects. I am sure you have a solid portfolio of backups and we'll love to see your project posted on the Wiki

Thanks,
The Zelda Fan Game Central Moderation Team
ROLL TIDE WHAT? **** YOU!!! Geaux Tiga

~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Kirby, metallica48423, Max, Vash, walnut100
  • Gamers & Developers Unlimited
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2013, 04:14:38 am »
  • ...---^^^---...
Not really a problem of losing data as I do have backups and copies of all my projects.  I was just wondering why everything was disappearing since I apparently didn't read about these particular changes.  It is then mostly just negligence on my part I suppose.

I did notice when looking on the wiki though that the only projects that were moved over were Zelda projects.  are there any "other" projects that will make the transition?  I ask mainly because most of my projects were not Zelda related and thus have not been uploaded to the wiki although they have been removed from zfgc.  Also there are no download links on the wiki.  Am I supposed to go in and re-add download links to any projects of mine in the wiki?

Not really a big deal though.  I mainly use these uploads to easily download and share projects I have made in the past with friends and family when I am away from home.  It was nice to be able to easily find them all here.  That and it is always nice to be able to share them with the online community of course.

I don't recall seeing those particular projects while removing them..in any case, the threads for those projects still exist in the project board.

Yeah.  Like I said earlier the threads are still here, but they are all chuck full of broken links and bad image URLs now.  When I have the time I can re upload stuff and get them up and running again, but in the mean time having topics full of broken links and such gives kind of a bad impression to people visiting the site that don't know what is going on.  That is probably just a minor set back though considering that it is needed for future progress of ZFGC.

Meh...  I'm just babbling now...  Thanks for improving the site.  I'll stop complaining now.   :)
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 04:26:31 am by Aero88 »
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2013, 03:49:47 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
Any project on the site can be migrated, Zelda or not!  The ones we migrated so far just happened to be Zelda projects.  You can also migrate your projects yourself.

i love big weenies and i cannot lie
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 53 queries.

anything